Emperor Worm

robin14375

I don't know of any cheats. My advice is to project a lot of devastators to hold of the attacks. Then build a gunship fleet of about 15-20. Send them to the eastern corner first (otherwise they will have to fly over a lot of gun turrets) then order them to attack the worm.

Yes, use that projector for backup. But in the beginning:

Quickly build your base, and realise that you won't have much room for building. Build a Factory quickly, and also 2 refineries at least. When you have a refinery, build alot of Assault Tanks, and makes some Inkvines.

Make sure you scout the area, and you will see that there are 2 attacking spots of the enemy, 1 is the entrance in the cliff, and the other is the enemy base. You must destroy that base quickly when you think you have enough tanks. It is wise to use projected Missile Tanks, for they will easily destroy units and turrets. Also destroy the Turrets on the cliffs, they aren't so dangerous, but they are annoying when you are using airborne.

To scout the entire area you can use as best Adv Carryall. Now you will see in the Eastern corner that there are a lot of windtrap put together. Doesn't that make you remember you have a death hand missile? :)

When you attack the worm, or some time has expired, a counter will be running. Don't panic, you will have alot of time. Now make alot of Devastators and Adv Carryals and search for a safe route to the Emperor Worm, in the mean while you must move your Assault Tanks to Emperor Worm too. When you are giving good strikes to the Emperor Worm, ignore all feeble threats of non-important units.

Now destroy that evil worm!

Some notes:

Don't fire the Death Hand at the Emperor Worm, it will not affect

There are no worms or storms on this mission

The AI behaves very strange and stupid with the teleporting NIAB's

The Guild Mega Cannon is only good against infantery, and it has a long range

Keep building units

Succes

Ix bombs don't affect the worm either btw, or the self destruct of the Devastator for that matter.

You could also try eliminating the base in the easter corner first. Then you could build 4 devastators and 4 carryals. From the easter corner, fly them to the southern corner. Some may be lost because of AA fire, but at least 2 should make it through. Then, from the southern corner, fly it to the head of the worm and then attack it with your devastators.

Simple way to kill the Emperor worm on the last level. You should play completely defensively until you are ready to launch your one and ONLY attack that will wipe the worm out. Protect your veteran Devastators that self repair (units that have 2 or more chevrons), and project Missile Tanks. When you start off, deploy your construction yard right up against the edge of the screen, in the middle of the rock platform. Move your Devastators to the edge of the large ramp to the South-East. Now build structures in this order:

Windtrap, Barracks, Fremen Camp, Refinery.

Note: It is important to conserve space, since you'll be hard pressed for it, given the infantry rock and the size of the rock formation that you're building on. Make sure that the buildings do not block units from moving through your base though. Experiment with positioning buildings to get the most efficient placement.

Anything from then on, is your own choice, but a factory would be a good idea, followed by a hanger. The first part of your initial building strategy however, is critical. You MUST get a Fremen Camp ASAP!! Once you have your Fremen Camp, upgrade it and queue up 20 Fedaykin. Set the rally point of the Fremen Camp to the area where the submerged civilian structures are, to the small ramp to the on the west side of the rock formation. Constantly check on them and put them on guard mode. While the Fedaykin are building, you should be building up your base. Move Troopers and Light Infantry onto the infantry rock on your rock platform, and cancel their guard orders (or just cancel the guard order of the Barracks BEFORE you start training them). By now, you will probably be under attack by various vehicles, and Guild Makers, and perhaps some Leeches. Your Devastators should handle them with no problem, but have some additonal units like Missile Tanks and Buzzsaws supporting them to ensure their survival. If any of your veteran Devastators get weak, pull them back and let them regenerate. Train some Engineers and move them onto both sets of infantry rock on your rock platform behind where the Devastators are standing. If any Devastators (or any vehicles) get infected with Leech Larvae, send the Engineers to fix them. If any of your vehicles get infected and die, then turn into Leeches, destroy the Leech quickly. The Buzzsaws and Troopers that you have standing around should be able to take care of this nicely.

If you have extra cash, and your defence is going comfortably, some Gun Turrets positioned with overlapping fire ranges (look at the purple rings that indicate the range, and make sure they overlap when you place the gun turrets) along with an ADP or two make an excellent addition to defences.

You will get rushed by lots of Laser Tanks, some Leeches, and some Deviators after a short amount of time, but the Fedaykin that you have waiting for them should be enough to severely damage or even destroy the rush, if you manage them properly.

Once your base is secure, build up a force of at least 5 Advanced Carryalls, and 5 Devastators (this is why your base must be efficient in its' construction, you'll need a starport as well as all the other necessary structures). A palace is not important however. Once you have your team ready, pick up the Devastators with the Advanced Carryalls, and fly them down the left side of the map. Fly first to the empty space in between the first rock ridge where the first line of Tleilaxu Living Turrets are, then fly them straight down to the rear of the Emperor worm. Fly to the head of the Emperor worm, set down the Devastators and pound the Emperor Worm into oblivion. The Devastators will make short work of the Emperor Worm before enemy units can stop them.

Note: If you destroy all the Guild Refineries, the Emperor Worm should be reduced to about 30% health. (I think that was the case, last time I checked when I destroyed all the Guild Refineries, the Emperor Worm took massive damage. You can try it if you like).

I hope this helps. ;) :)

Ix bombs don't affect the worm either btw, or the self destruct of the Devastator for that matter.

You could also try eliminating the base in the easter corner first. Then you could build 4 devastators and 4 carryals. From the easter corner, fly them to the southern corner. Some may be lost because of AA fire, but at least 2 should make it through. Then, from the southern corner, fly it to the head of the worm and then attack it with your devastators.

minus off the starting number of devastators off frm the 'buy 4 devs' bcoz building 4 will burn out yr time

fedaykins man.. that's all it needs.

Take 6 fedaykins down to the worm, and don't get spotted on your way down. Once you've reached the worm, attack it twice, retreat a few steps (cuz the mega cannon will impact shortly after that) and attack twice again and retreat again. Do this until he's down.

fedaykins man.. that's all it needs.

Take 6 fedaykins down to the worm, and don't get spotted on your way down. Once you've reached the worm, attack it twice, retreat a few steps (cuz the mega cannon will impact shortly after that) and attack twice again and retreat again. Do this until he's down.

I did the same thing. I have another recommendation that I figured out recently. Take over the buildings that you are told to take. To do this, modify Emprworm's 15K Air Drop Annihilator so that it works for the map. If you can take over the gun, then you can probably just fire it at Emperor Worm. I have never tried this.

Taking over the Guild Mega Cannon is a waste of time and money. The AI will not like it when you take over the Guild Mega Cannon, and it will also start a timer, meaning you have limited time to kill the Emperor Worm from the moment you capture the Guild Mega Cannon. Furthermore, the Guild Mega Cannon does pathetic damage to the Emperor Worm. I'd recommend destroying it just before you land your attack force at the Emperor Worm's head so that the Mega Cannon can not fire at your forces. It isn't worth taking over IMO.

It seems impossible to me that there is still someone stuck to single player. I beated all the campaigns on HARD and i find them even too easy.

But none was so easy as the Emperor worm one.

BTW im getting tired of newbies that cant beat the Gunseg level. I find it quite easy on hard.

BTW im getting tired of n00bs

Yes, i'm getting tired of you too >:(

I still remember the way i killed the emperorworm, back then i was a camper :- so i'd built a wall of kobra's, then i just saved up my money and build alot of fedaykins, sneak them to the emperor worm and bang, dead :P