Pound North Korea into oblivion

If you attack NK, you are just assuring that the worstcase scenario (nuclear war) will occur. The koreans will retaliate with nukes, cause even if you destroy the plants - not all of the plutonium and uranium is in there.

The board is not in apathy - it is just that you are a warmonger

The board is not in apathy - it is just that you are a warmonger

the warmongers are north korea. I dont cave in to dictators and neither will south korea or the UN. You will be on your own, I have the UN behind me. No war will occur. NK *WILL* cease nuclear production, if not by diplomacy then by force. The only casualties will be north korean, but that will be their own fault for not complying with diplomacy backed by threat of force, where such threats are not lies and clintonesque deception, but statements of truth.

and attacking NK will not cause nuclear war, of course, considering they have no nukes. Allowing them nukes ushers in the inevitable nuclear holocaust you so dream of.

Now that we know South Korea will NOT TOLERATE North Korean nuclear arsenal, who's side are you people on? Are you on the side of the ruthless dictator like Duke Leeto, or are you on the side of South Korea a free and peaceful democracy?

Jeez, talk about loaded questions... ::)

I am not "on the side of a ruthless dictator", I am on the side of patience, tolerance, and forethought.

And what in the H*LL do Nazis have to do with this? SO now, having patience makes you a Nazi? ::)

All hail the great Emprworm, the leader of UN!

Lol, UN would never support your plan, because it wouldn't support anything that leads to that many victims.

Also, you seem to always base your plans on sacrifices for the greater good. You want to sacrifice a hundred thousand innocent civilians to save the millions of possible ones (notice my wording - POSSIBLE). How is that justified?

On Thursday, Germany joined nations urging North Korea to immediately halt its activities at Yongbyon, calling the moves a "blatant violation" of its international obligations.

cool. now Germany sides with South Korea which I am sided with. All you apathetic hitler...er I mean Kim Jong supporters in here so far are against South korea, Germany and the US. Within 3 days, nearly all of Europe will be sided with me as well. I will be here throughout the coming weeks to gently remind you of how your abhorrent positions are against the UN and the civilized world. When you side with a dictator, prepare to stand alone. I may be alone here in this forum in a room with Hitleresque Dictator Supporters, but I am by no means alone when it comes to the civilized world. The UN will not tolerate this. Germany has already spoken. Expect more UN countries to rally behind South Korea in the coming days.

oooh...China vs. the world. LIke I said earlier, in that case, China will be obliterated and the rest of the world will be drinking Martini's and bathing in the sun and surf. No nuclear holocaust whatsoever.

And if you are that naieve to think that China would actually side with N Korea vs. the world, then .....wait, I would not be surprised. And how did you manage to make a post without including the word "republicans?"

All you apathetic hitler...er I mean Kim Jong supporters in here so far are against South korea, Germany and the US. Within 3 days, nearly all of Europe will be sided with me as well. I will be here throughout the coming weeks to gently remind you of how your abhorrent positions are against the UN and the civilized world. When you side with a dictator, prepare to stand alone. I may be alone here in this forum in a room with Hitleresque Dictator Supporters, but I am by no means alone when it comes to the civilized world. The UN will not tolerate this. Germany has already spoken. Expect more UN countries to rally behind South Korea in the coming days.

Hmmm... suddenly that assassination Ordos45 was talking about sounds real good... Oh wait, are we talking about North Korea? ;D

Empr, shut up with the Hitler and dictator support crap. You're an ignorant and pathetic idiot, who thinks that just because other countries do not like what NK is doing means they are going to do something about it.

Well, see here, I don't like what they are doing either, but no one can really do anything with force without getting into even greater mess.

oooh...China vs. the world. LIke I said earlier, in that case, China will be obliterated and the rest of the world will be drinking Martini's and bathing in the sun and surf. No nuclear holocaust whatsoever.

And if you are that naieve to think that China would actually side with N Korea vs. the world, then .....wait, I would not be surprised. And how did you manage to make a post without including the word "republicans?"

Wait, think for a moment. The two words - NUCLEAR WAR. Now, the major countries of the world have enough to destroy all of the world's population. Now, you're saying there'll be no holocaust ???.

cut the Hitler and dictator support crap

no. Hitler = Kim Jong. The two are interchangeable as far as I'm concerned. Obviously you know very little about Kim Jong's atrocities. Every time you grant him leniency in your statements, you grant lienency to Adolph Hitler. Plain and simple

Kim Jong's kill count does not equal Hilter's Kill count. This is a very poor argument to say that makes Kim Jong more "good" than Hitler. The two are interchangeable. The difference between you and South Korea (and soon to be the civilized world) is:

you are willing to grant lienency to Kim Jong (i.e. Hitler), while we are not.

Vigil and Earthnuker, you clearly don't understand the slightest basics of how nuclear reactors work. If they are destroyed at the wrong time, foreign substances enter the reaction chamber and the safety water becomes contaminated, then there will be a meltdown. If it's destroyed while it's NOT in operation, the only thing that will result is some spilled uraniaum-235. Uranium is NOT a nuclear force on its own. It's extremely toxic but it can be cleaned up and stored with the proper equipment.

IT HAS BEEN DONE BEFORE - it should still be a last resort, but it is very possible. I've said this like five times, but Israel bombed and destroyed an Iraqi nuclear reactor in 1981 with no environmental consequences

[quote author=emprworm link=board=2;threadid=7737;start=240#msg113903 The difference between you and South Korea (and soon to be the civilized world) is:

you are willing to grant lienency to Kim Jong (i.e. Hitler), while we are not.

You are a South Korean? ;D

Vigil and Earthnuker, you clearly don't understand the slightest basics of how nuclear reactors work. If they are destroyed at the wrong time, foreign substances enter the reaction chamber and the safety water becomes contaminated, then there will be a meltdown. If it's destroyed while it's NOT in operation, the only thing that will result is some spilled uraniaum-235. Uranium is NOT a nuclear force on its own. It's extremely toxic but it can be cleaned up and stored with the proper equipment.

IT HAS BEEN DONE BEFORE - it should still be a last resort, but it is very possible. I've said this like five times, but Israel bombed and destroyed an Iraqi nuclear reactor in 1981 with no environmental consequences

Even so, all it will do is turn NK against US. You can't possibly know that they destroyed all the uranium and so they can make nukes. And then they'll fire them at US and all this plan was a waste of time.

Even so, all it will do is turn NK against US.

4 words.

WHO

THE

HECK

CARES

The US and the UN are not about doing anything and everything to make sure everyone likes us. Oooh someone wont like the US. WOW thats new.

North Korea: If you let us make an nuclear arsenal, we will be your friend.

Rational Moral Citizens of the World: You will not be doing anything of the sort. PERIOD.

Corrupt, Dictator-Supporters: Sure. Your friendship is so important. go ahead and make all the nukes your cute little hearts desire. Ahhhhwwww...look at the little Kimmy Jongy...isn't he pweshious? And all those cute little nukies. Awwwww...so cuddly and cute they are.

Israel bombed and destroyed an Iraqi nuclear reactor in 1981 with no environmental consequences

thanks, Ace. Might I ask: was there a nuclear holocaust as the result of this action? Because Vigil would be vehemently against such a thing. They all think "ooooh you bomb their reactor and KAPOW! Nuclear Holocaust! World Wide Destruction and retalliation! "

yet there was no massive nuclear retalliation against Israel was there?

I'm very glad that this was done, lest Iraq had nuclear weapons when it invaded Kuwait. Israel did the right thing.

Now, lets make sure that NK doesn't have nukes either.

Lol, if you checked those nuclear reactors right now, I'm sure you will find that a large portion of uranium is missing, because they have already taken it.

Therefore, even if the plants are destroyed, NK will turn against the US. Why should anyone care? Because they'll be able to build nukes and for the attack on their plants they will for sure launch them at US.

fine. let them launch 1 or 2 nukes at the US. Chances are slim they will hit. Most likely they will be intercepted. At least they will ONLY HAVE ONE OR TWO of them! Then that gives us the excuse to remove the entire North Korean dictatorial regime from the face of the earth. South Korea will extend its borders north 800 miles or so and the world will be a better place.

we musn't let the old, archaic dictatorial regimes of the 20th century determine the fate of the world. Remove them. All of them.

You can't truly know what's right, or what will make the world a better place.

You see? Therefore attacking won't change much, cause they can still nuke Seoul. Even if you destroy the plants, they can buy uranium illegally from other countries (like China) and then make nukes.

there is a black and white definition of dictatorship. back to the specific case in point: north korea. The UN has not specifically come out with a stance yet, but I am willing to bet it will be in agreement with Germany and South Korea- of which is in perfect harmony with everything I've said here.

A North Korean nuclear arsenal is an unaccpetable situation.

Is there any part of "unacceptable" that you Dictator-Supporters do not understand? What is it about the Dune Novels that attracts dictator sympathizers? This board is full of apathetic dictator sympathizers. It is quite bizzarre indeed.

So far I have not heard one person other than Ace come in defense of south korea. You are all barbarian warmongers, eager for that big fluffy mushroom cloud.

You are all barbarian warmongers, eager for that big fluffy mushroom cloud.

Is that so? So, being patient and tolerant makes us all warmongers? You two are correct, and the other 862 posters are all wrong? That's a dangerous attitude.