Fiction Comments Go Here

Gobalopper

And now that I've given the potential rules for Warlords 2, I thought I'd throw out some ideas I was thinking of implementing for Underwater War IV.

• First, the most.. daring? Audacious? Enterprising. Yes, the most enterprising concept. I thought that perhaps the story could be presented in a series of chapters, each seperated by a period of several years (in the fic, obviously). So the first chapter might start with the characters first making their way into the safety of the water, struggling with the enviroment for the first time. Their initial meetings and conflicts. In this way we could have the characters start in the same place, and split up later as their technology improves. The next chapter could be the characters finding their own space, founding their own factions and groups. The third one could involve their children, or grandchildren. Fighting. :) What do you think?
  • In contrast to more recent threads, an automatic conflict would be established. This wasn't actually my idea (as I personally loathe the idea of unbreakable factions, and enemies that can never be negotiated with), but it was suggested that in order to keep action in the thread, each group should always have an enemy. So when the thread begins, there would be say a fight between two characters that will later develop into faction hatred. Alternatively, it could simply be that there are survivors in two parts of the world that will never work together. Help me out here.
  • Going back to the chapters for a bit, how far apart should they be? And who should decide when the occur? I'm thinking a consensus of the participants. A vote that would be carried out in the commants thread.
  • This would be less an RPG, more going back to the old days of... well, violence. A break from the larger and more complex threads such as Factions or Warlords. Unless there are those that would prefer it otherwise?

Er... That's pretty much all I have right now. The thread isn't meant to be structured, it's meant to be more chaotic. Mainly because that seems to be the only way to attract some people. The advantage to another Underwater War, as opposed to Warlords, is that it would require less effort, and could be maintained by casual posters. Warlords 2 will require some dedication from those who take part. I can't speak for everyone, but I know that many people believe that they don't have sufficient time to take part in greater fanfics. I myself will be starting university soon, and I would rather keep the schedule small until I get a workable pattern sorted out.

So anyway, this is more for comments and suggestions than laying out a 'this is the way things will be' type scenario. Any input? I know you people didn't pay much attention to the Archive, but perhaps this will attract some interest? *Definately idn't bitter. Not at all.*

Also, what's with those stupid tags after the list? I never made them.

Butchered? Those were suggestions, not instructions.

Good grief though, getting a response from you people is like getting blood from a particularly dehydrated stone. How am I supposed to put together something that people will like (the Archive, Warlords 2, Underwater War 4) if I don't get any feedback?

On a related note, post in Factions or I'll send Dragoon to eat your souls.

• 3 weeks later...

*Thumping stone repeatedly on floor* Bleed, damn you, BLEED!

Right, here's an idea. Everyone who would take part in another Underwater War, post here and say so. Don't leave it for other people to do, post yourself. Because you know, I'm getting kind of ticked off that I'm getting little or no response to anything that I do. Post, debate, think and be active, ya bunch of ingrates, 'cos I ain't doing it for you no more.

Ok, a few things to speak about. First, Underwater War IV is up, so post there. I'm not going to threaten or pester anyone because it doesn't work and I'm tired of being ignored. So just do. Secondly, Factions is nearing its climax, don't let it fall now. Thirdly, I felt I should include this for The Spac and gowachin, who both posted recently in Fanfiction for, as far as I am aware, the first time. We appreciate the contribution, even if nowbody's reviewed yet. ;) (Just give it time, we ain't a very active bunch right now...) Fourth: ...Well I was going to speak about the Archive here, but I don't think there's much point really. Fifth: Don't just depend on the rest of us to come up with threads. The Ideas thread may be no more, but that doesn't mean that you can't post your thoughts or concepts here.

Thanks Dante, Yeah I normally swing by these forums only twice a month but I'm in a dune mood lol. So I can see how it takes time.

My fan fiction isn't one of those things you guys are doing, it's not meant to be continued by other peeps, I hope people realise that lol. I wasn't sure if I shoulda posted in fan fiction or duniverse because it just a normal written peice.