Dial up/cable

Anathema

How many of you peeps have cable? I reguraly read people saying: "damn 56k idiots- get cable". Well there are also people who can't get cable like me >:(. I actually remember Ken saying something like: "OMG, you use dial up". Well for me there is no alternative. The other day I play a game of TMP with some cable asshole and he says: "this game is to laggy. Get cable you moron!". Do you think I like laggy games >:(?

Yeah I get that, I got it from ken the same as u said EN and it was about calling you EN actually, But my 56k is annoying cuts every 30 min. also cable will probably never come here on a hill in the middle of england, the countryside, even thought some don't get it 1 mile from city center of birmingam (city not that big)

yeah, but boradband isnt avaible everywhere aswell. It would be nice, though, but like Drop_Zone, I cant get it at home. The main reason is that it will cost BT alot of cash to upgrade the telephone exchange to support digital

well, i live in the country, so i am screwed. but i think DishNetwork is going to start providing satellite cable for no extra equipment except for a modem. if they ever do that, i will personally buy a router for myself and hook broadband to my moms computer (the good one) and my computer (the ok one without net).

My parents won't get cable or broadband even if I pay the difference. Its one of those things where they said no and I tried to compromise so I can't get it until I live on my own...

:(

Razor looks over at his cable modem and grins ;D

Did I just talk in 3rd person??? :-[ No I'm not scizephrenic! Really, I'm not!

I have 56k and cable internet is mostly important for FPS games... and since i don't play FPS games online besides AVP/AVP2 i don't have much trouble with that. Actually in all my gaming career i've hardly heard anyone complain about my connectino

i wouldnt play online games if i didnt have cable... just a courteous to the other guys cause my 56k modem only would gear up to 28.8 on these old phone lines :-

mine phone lines are only 48k analog. i cant wait until OkCable is availible in town. it only costs $9.98 for Digital Cable and Cable internet. its a good deal.