Suicide terrorist

Devastator_Mech

The Saboteurs are like the suicide terrorist, rushing towards the target without fear of anything.

But I've played so long on WOL, and I find no one have ever used this unit on me.

Does anyone ever use this unit?

I find it almost impossible to get everything out of them, Saboteur drop? Wouldn't engineer be better? Mass produce them? Killing one mean killing the whole group.

No idea how could someone use them effectively, but I'm more than happy if someone could post some of their strategies here.

Hmm, when you don't have enough AA, and I mean that you must have LOTS of AA when you want to counter this:

Build 10 EITS, and then you can blow up the conyard + factory at least!.

It might work in the 1st 10 mins of the game, but you'll know what you'll need to sacrifice.

10 EITS = 1 Conyard + Warfactory?

1st, $20000 + heaps of time doesn't worth 1 Conyard + Warfactory.

2nd, no, don't even dream you'll be able to scratch my buildings with it.

1 EITS = $2000

1 Missile = $1200 or 1 ADP = $1500 or 10 Troopers = $900 or even a desvatator = $1750 !!

2 Mongoose = $1600 or 2 Air Drone = $1600

2 AA mine = $1200 or 10 AAtrooper = $1000

ALL the group of units or single unit cost less than the EITS but will destroying it in in I'll say virtually "no time"

I think the topic was about the saboteur himself, not the eits.

I haven't seen anyone using it either (apart the comp). If some1 ever managed to use it effectively however, it could be quite devastating (once, I accidentally deployed one among 4 dust scouts, and all dust scouts died!!).

i dont know about you guys, but i would perfer to use them in groups of 3-5...i would spread them out and when an oncoming enemy group is walking down to my base, i would send the sabotaurs from different directions. Usually, at least 1 or 2 will get in and wipe out most of the infantry with an addition of lightly damaging the vehicles in the group

Especially seing as you can get 3.3 saboteurs for every one Infiltrator.

Ever noticed that infiltrators are WAY more effective than sabotaurs? ...yeah thats what i thought. Just dont bother using them, houses have the useless people...atredies sandbike & Light infantry/Ordos AAmines and sabotaurs/hark...dont really got one for hark yet..see them all useful

I rarely play ordos, but when i do, i find the APC to be most useful for AA purposes. One or two saboteurs in each APC makes them decent against Infantry. Plus if you drop an APC with other units in the enemy base, and you are too cheap to add engineers/sard/fremen, a sab or two could help you along.(so could mortars, but hey, i'm tryin to include my suicidal friends here.)

well, their light inf arent too good, they arent good as atr light inf.

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Harkonen light infantry is the most stronger then its 'cousin' the Atreidse light infantry.

And besides, why does Atreides need light infantry anyway? they are useless for rushes because harkonen units and ordos units own the Atreides light infantry and for anti scout defences they suck as wel, snipers are more usefull.