Medical Cloning

Inoculator9

So your against abortion (I am too btw) unless its still an embryo then it doesnt matter? It really all boils down to what we were taught or how we were influenced becasue I fervently believe that life begins at conception... that life may not take form on this earth do to miscarriges or other pregnacy related problems but even so the soul is still returned to God. I see the embryo as a human child to be... and by ending its life in the womb or creating embryos to harvest thier stem cells is just plain murder to me.... I'm not saying I'm right you're wrong, but I know we all share different thoughts basied on how we were brought up....

I totally agree, life begins at conception. But not sentient life. And I think that if a sentient life can be saved by harming a non-sentient life, then I'd have to go with it. But I don't like death, I never will. But under the cirumstances the lesser of the evils is allowing the embryo to die rather then the person.

Destruction of embryo is death. Babies are unsentient too, and if they die we see it as like every other one's death. Oh my God, both are humans, just on lesser evolution status, you are equal to it! Experiment with anything animal, we have millions of kinds, why they have to kill human? Or even prevent them to reach normal life? Why they can't have same chance as we, born? Birth mustn't be privilege. As I've alreadz said, any embryo would became better scientist, which would find ten times more solutions than one experiment.

As I've alreadz said, any embryo would became better scientist, which would find ten times more solutions than one experiment.

Perhaps an embryo would grow up to become the new Hitler or Stalin. This is not a valid argument.

If someone lies sick in bed, and the only way to cure him is to grow a clone of him to extract cells while the clone is in embryo state, then the embryo in fact already had a chance- it's basicly a clone of someone that already lived a live and had a chance to prove himself.

Nuker, I find that to be an interesting argument, but it sounds like your saying if you look like your mother you'll have a similar life. This is not necessarily true. Embryos have the potential to grow into something totally different. But potential is different from kinetic. A baby is already on it's way to it's potential, but an embryo may not ever be used.

I don't think humans have the right to decide it is okay to clone something, but I also don't disagree with it. I think it depends on the situation. As far as I am concerned, an embryo is a life but it isn't feeling, or thinking, or any of that. I think it is up to the individual on what they decide. Personally I never really want kids and could care less about babies and embryos, but who wants to bring a kid into this world anyway? Just so they can witness wars and terrorism and all that other stuff? We are the only species that try to play god, and it helps in some cases and not in others. To each their own.

I do partially agree with that. But we shouldn't give up on the human race. At the moment it has a lot of problems but a lot of people are working to solve them. None of us will likely see a widespread solution to most of our problems, but we'll see their beginnings.

I agree with that. There are really some darn good people out there, it is just a pity that governments are not, yet they rule our countries. I am sorry, but this is not a free country, in my opinion. If a person can't legally clone, or have an abortion, etc, it isn't free. Each person should be able to decide their own fate for themselves, not saying I agree with cloning or abortion, but for some people, it is a necessary step.

I am divided on abortion. I hate death, but I know of times when fathers impregnate there daughters. Now what would you do under those circumstances. I think that abortion doctors should have a criteria, I know it's a violation of privacy but it's worth saving a life. If someone can't support the baby then they should have it and put him or her up for adoption, If the situation is as bad as my example then an abortion should be allowed.

I definately agree on that one. The only time abortion bothers me is when people continually sleep around, get pregnant, and use that as their form of contraception, now if someone rapes someone and they get pregnant, then I would DEFINATELY be for that abortion, and I wouldn't want to be a child that came about because of rape.

It's a horryfing thought. And I know of women that get pregnant so that they can't get evicted. That is disgusting, and she keeps the children. This women lives outside my town, in a trailer that might as well be on the inside of an outhouse. I will never understand why the government doesn't take possesion of these kinds of children. In Florida children live in hell-holes, and stay there, while the social workers should be going to the house. Florida has one of the worst social services in the country.

As I've alreadz said, any embryo would became better scientist, which would find ten times more solutions than one experiment.

Perhaps an embryo would grow up to become the new Hitler or Stalin. This is not a valid argument.

If someone lies sick in bed, and the only way to cure him is to grow a clone of him to extract cells while the clone is in embryo state, then the embryo in fact already had a chance- it's basicly a clone of someone that already lived a live and had a chance to prove himself.

This is an argument? So, kill every child and you'll be sure no new Hitler come. There are more good scientists than global dictators.

No, we'll end up like Rhombur in House Corrino (the book).

Wasn't there a part in the bible that said humans should not interfere in any way with the human body? Here in the Netherlands we have zealots that refuse to let their children to have injections against deseases because of religious reasons. And those kids end up with horrorible deseases that could have been prevented easily if their parents didn't oppose it.

Welcome to the stupidy of christianity.

You put shit on the jehover's witnesses when cristianity is just as bad just not neccessarily as stupid. Yeah sure enough they aren't allowed to take pain killers etc but how is that different from saving yoiur childs life through genetics.

Wake up you gullible religion belivers as your kids depend on you and because you are too stupid to see religion for what it really is, your kids might suffer. You are puting your beliefs before your children. How selfish is that. You are gullible selfish skum if you choose you religion over your children.

Cloning will improve humanity as humanity has stopped the process of natural selection. The human race is getting more stupid every generation. Unless we embrace this new technology the human race might die out. Who cares when a embryo is alive it matters not as at the end of the day we are a bunch of cells that are useless unless we are helping the human race. What matters is the human race. If we dont discover how to live outside of earth before we f*&k the earth we are dead.

Simple, The human race is in the biggest race of its life. To get of the earth before we destroy it.

Wwhy try to achieve this with one arm tied behind our backs

This is an argument? So, kill every child and you'll be sure no new Hitler come. There are more good scientists than global dictators.

Well, there is a much larger chance the child will grow up to become a major @sshole hated by everyone. What an embryo coul become is not relevant.

If you were forced to choose between 6 street bums and one embryo, would you choose the embryo because the embryo could possibly become a scientist or whatever?

Knowledge? Thats funny when you think about it thats what made the shit hit the fan in the first place.

*knock knock knock*

Hello McFly? Eve? Garden of Eden? Tree of Knowledge? Forbidden Fruit?!

see where searching for knowledge got us then... One day were gonna open a can of worms and I dont want to be around in the future when the shit hits the fan then.

I mean really... who wants to be just a bunch of clones walking around? Oh you want to be immortal? Well thats really gonna go over easy with the guys at population controll.

Acriku

religion fears knowledge as knowledge destroys religion.

the more knowledge we find the more holes we find in religion.

One day we are going to look back at the human race and we will think that i can't believe how many people fell for it.

It will be a subject in schools eventually

The manipulative powers of religion ;D

On that same day Satan will look up from Hell and say "I can't believe how many people fell for it."

The manipulative powers of Satan >;D His greatest act is making the world believe he doesnt exist...