Largest country/empire

Mmmmmm, wasn't count Dracula the count Vlad Tepes? (or something like that)

I read this story that he collected all the beggers in his county in a hall, gave them food and asked if they would want to be without trouble. Of course the beggers said yes. Then he had the hall barred and set on fire. Then he said:"Now there is no more poverty in my county".

Good old Dracula repelled them

No, actually he didn't really do much. And he only ruled for a short time. Vlad Tepes had no major victories over the Ottomans. All he did was scare the hell out of them, with his, err... "creative methods". :)

Our best medieval military commander was Stefan the Great. And later, Mihai Viteazul (he conquered all Romanian-inhabited territories, crowned himself as King of all Romanians, proclaimed full independence and prepared to invade the Ottoman Empire itself - but was quickly assasinated by the Austrians, because he endangered the status quo)

but also biggest part of Romania was hungarian

No, just 1/3. The region called Transylvania.

Other part was under russian influence

Polish, not russian. The Russians weren't much of a power back then. But Poland was.

It's unbelieveable that they die for their country.

On the other side, it's a very honorable thing to do, on the other side, it's madness.

Japanese soldiers suicided if they were in the enemies hands, and if they didn't see a way to break free from the prison or something else that fits in the category.

What do you mean? Things become very different in the frontlines, and since I've never been there it could very well be an understatement. Sure there are people who can't take the idea of dying, I can't deny that.

What do you mean too literally? Dying for your country is just that, dying for your country! Whatever method you use, it is dying for your country.