C&C Generals link

Taqwa11

I just posted in the generals message boards.

i hav some questions.

How can i message some1? i read they have to be in ur buddy list, but u only can put them in ur buddy list untill u find a post off that person........ im I rigth? And how do i find thoses posts?

thx

Good questions, Brennq. And the answers are . . . I have no idea. I'll look into it. I don't post there much myself. I may do so after Generals' release, but right now I save my great wisdom for you lucky few on the Emperor forum. LOL. ::)

Here is some news.

GENERALS BETA MILESTONE HIT

IRVINE, CA (Jan. 8, 2002) - Forget CNN! Take control of the war in the Middle East for yourself. Electronic Arts announced today that the highly-anticipated 3D real-time strategy game, Command & Conquer Generals has hit its beta milestone, and will ship to stores Feb. 11, 2003. Command & Conquer Generals will be published by EA (NASDAQ:ERTS) under the EA GAMES brand.

Achieving the beta milestone indicates that Command & Conquer Generals is now feature-complete and the development team is now finalizing the game to be sent to the manufacturing plant.

"The beta milestone is a tremendous achievement for the development team," said Mark Skaggs, general manager of EA Pacific and executive in charge of production for Command & Conquer Generals. "More than 50 of our industry's top talent have been working non-stop for the past several months to ensure that we have a solid, highly-polished, immensely-enjoyable game.

EA is currently conducting a public multiplay test of Command & Conquer Generals, involving more than 3,000 people around the world. The public test is giving participants a chance to play the game's multiplay mode via the Internet, includes five maps, and allows gamers to play as each of the three unique sides in the game.

"The community's feedback from the multiplay test was instrumental in helping us achieve this beta milestone," continued Mark Skaggs. "I do want to stress that we will continue to solicit their feedback to further balance and enhance the multiplay experience before shipping to stores."

Command & Conquer Generals puts players' trigger fingers on the pulse of modern warfare as they become a powerful general and control massive armies of bleeding-edge military weaponry across a globe teetering on the brink of Armageddon. Three unique sides will be available, each with customizable high-tech arsenals ready to deliver unprecedented firepower on land or in the skies. Players can annihilate the opposition in the 23-mission single-player campaign or dish out the damage in global multiplayer mayhem.

As much as I'd like to get the game, I think WestWood forgot about me =) I have a P3 450mhz computer with about 200 mb of ram and a 32 mb savage video card. My computer is 3.5 years old though =)

I can play emp and war3 just fine but it looks like I'm out of this game. I guess I would have to upgrade the processor and possibly the video card if I wanted to play it.

Does anyone have $2000 laying around? But if I can land a good job soon for after I grad., then they often give laptops anyway =)

As much as I'd like to get the game, I think WestWood forgot about me =) I have a P3 450mhz computer with about 200 mb of ram and a 32 mb savage video card. My computer is 3.5 years old though =)

I can play emp and war3 just fine but it looks like I'm out of this game. I guess I would have to upgrade the processor and possibly the video card if I wanted to play it.

Does anyone have $2000 laying around? But if I can land a good job soon for after I grad., then they often give laptops anyway =)

$2000 ... as much as I hate Wally World - Amd 2.2 is 999 ... P4 2.4 @ 999 ... Intel Cel 2.0 @ 699

I can understand your frustration about the min. specs for the game ... it supposely outgrades my system P3 933.

I think those specs are steep, even for today's great computers. People don't simply buy a new computer (usually :) just because it is now a whole gig faster.

Oper, I think you'll make it with a 933 mhz comp. =) Most likely.....it's probably okay to be a little short of the specs. I don't think I'll make it with the 450 mhz one =) Maybe they will downgrade the grpahics and delay the release another year.....but then Taq would be pissed.

On the other hand, Taq will able find other players then...

*Sigh* It is confirmed that the GLA are not sneaky in any way

Worst of all, there are fools going around building tunnels all over the map and then when the enemy moves to try to do anything they just pop out the other and then think the opponent didn't see it coming

Truly, the majority of the people currently playing Generals and visiting the boards are mainly shortminded simpletons. WW says something is sneaky to them then that something is sneaky to them. I bet if WW said Ordos in Emp were sneaky they'd believe it blindly like they do now...

Still, if the game is truly strategic then these simpletons will be easy points:D (for anyone with sufficiently advanced specs that is)

Seriously, I think 850mhz, GeForce 2, and 256 mb of RAM will be playable and enjoyable for Generals. If you are seriously lacking in all three of those areas, it's gonna be tough. But if you lack just 128 mb of RAM or the 60-80 dollars you need for a decent graphics card, don't despair, because those aren't expensive upgrades for most people.

I can appreciate what you are saying about having a Jurassic computer. When I bought my Alienware with AMD Athlon XP1900+, GeForce 3 TI-500, 512 mb RAM system just over a year ago, it was top-of-the-line. I also paid over $2,000 for it! Now, my computer is considered mid-range rather than top-of-the-line. Give it another year, and I'll be pinching pennies to upgrade at least my graphics card, especially if I want to play Doom III in all it's visual glory.

The fact is, if you are a computer gamer, you have chosen an expensive hobby. The industry is moving so fast that only the wealthiest of us can keep up for long. And consoles like XBOX and Playstation 2 just can't hold a candle to a great PC for graphics and playability--I absolutely hate controllers for anything but fighting games like Dead or Alive 3 and Mortal Kombat, and for shooter games the controller is incredibly frustrating when compared to a mouse/keyboard combo. I'm just afraid that as long as I have my "electronic crack" addiction, I'll be either forking over the money for higher tech, or wishing I had the money to give.

You should try Medal of Honor on XBOX......a very fun game. It is the first shooter I've ever bought but it is great.

Looks like I'll have to stick to the XBOX for most future game :) Good thing I just got it. They will have Doom 3 on the X I believe. I'd like to see more strategy games though.

I remember playing C&C: Tiberian Sun on my Pentium I PC...and I think that's what's gonna happen if I play Generals on my current comp... :'( In other words, really slow...:'(

I only have a 533 Mhz Pentium 3 computer, Tornado GeForce 2 graphics card and 128 MB RAM...

Damn Capitalists!!! (Sorry about the sudden rant...)

I got the Beta and u better have your cpu to there specs just the main menu pushes your machine a lot. They may not release the game on FEB 11 they still have a couple of issues to work out and may release it later in feb. Its a good game with a lot of little things u can do to win. Heres a tip if your the usa build aurora bombers and humvee rush and go for supply drops as soon as u get a strategy center and make sure u UPGRADE and use your promotions when u get them.

AMD Athlon XP 2200

Windows XP Home Edition

DirectX 9.0

512MB DDR PC2700 RAM

100GB Hard drive

ASUS GeForce 4 Ti4600 128MB Video Card

Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum 2

Nice system, Ion. I know you didn't have that system when we were clanmates. You rob a bank, or what? LOL.

We'll see how Generals runs soon. If I were those of you with a slower comp, I'd wait until some of us get the game and report the issues to you. I expect that my system will run it well, but I'll have to see it on my son's AMD Athlon 1 ghz, 512mb RAM system before I can judge it on a system similar to what many of you have now.

Sarb, I don't have the beta. I wasn't that lucky. Yes, the release date for Generals is still February 11. :)

ha? what do you mean? i remmember that i heard somewhere that its realised in 01/17/03 they maybe delayed it?

my fav stroy is pretty short. I was GLA and got like 20 workers built as to try and equal USA and China income flow and then here comes the China guy with his cargo truck and squashes all my workers and goes back to his base... >:(