playerap

Duke Leto, I didn't like the camera mode of Emperor to much either. You can only rotate, zoom but only in full zoom the angle is changed. Of course the camera of WcIII is even worse, but that doesn't mean I'm going to settle for the same camera mode as Emperor.

And for once I agree with Edric- I'm sick of all those super-cheesy good guys.

I don't care if that comment would have gotten me arrested in America. I do not answer to dictatorial governments.

GLA all the way!

You're treading on thin ice there, buddy! "Dictatorial Governements"! Where do you live, China? Is that what the Commies tell you people?!

Come to America! Freedom, liberty, and the pursuit of women! ;D

Leto, your President was NOT elected by the majority of the people. Therefore I consider him a dictator. Furthermore, his decision to break the Nuclear Treaty with Russia and his preparations for an unprovoked attack against a sovereign nation (Iraq) should qualify the USA for sanctions from the UN.

A country where the President is not elected by the majority of the population is not a democracy.

The whole of Europe was laughing its ass off at the un-democratic American elections, but you didn't seem to notice.

"I don't care if that comment would have gotten me arrested in America. I do not answer to dictatorial governments.

GLA all the way!"-Edric

Yes we have a corrupt democracy, and if its still around when I turn 35 and I manage to get elected...err...I'd be assassinated for trying to correct that. And chances are they wouldn't arrest you, you see this little thing called Freedom of Speech is in effect, or maybe they would as a little thing called the Patriot Act is also in effect. From what I know of the Patriot Act saying Bush's hair looks stupid could get me thrown into jail on charges of treason, sedition, attempting to overthrow a lawful goverment, attempted character assassination of the President, etc.

In fact if I remember correctly, the US was put into a State of Emergency in the 1930's, one which I can't seem to find mention of being revoked. In times of national emergencies aka State of Emergency, my civil rights can be revoked. What a lovely notion...

You Edric, are the only one on this board I would not snap at for the Dictatorial Government comment. I do this because you live in Romania, which until recently (within the last decade?) has been under control of a Dictatorial Government. Though I have to say not all dictators are bad, such as Fidel Castro. He is actually keeping his people in a relatively good standard of living, helping them out, the real Cuba is far different than it is portrayed on US television.

And since I'm doing the Fidel is a good leader thing, which is I'm sure somehow treason, I might as well bring up a little known fact. It is not illegal to travel from the US to Cuba, it is only illegal to spend money in Cuba. But if you get the proper forms from the Treasury and State Departments and are approved, you can go to Cuba and spend your US Dollars there. In fact, there was so much money circulating illegaly in Cuba that the US dollar is now legal tender there.

"Leto, your President was NOT elected by the majority of the people. Therefore I consider him a dictator. Furthermore, his decision to break the Nuclear Treaty with Russia and his preparations for an unprovoked attack against a sovereign nation (Iraq) should qualify the USA for sanctions from the UN."-Edric

A country where the President is not elected by the majority of the population is not a democracy.

The whole of Europe was laughing its ass off at the un-democratic American elections, but you didn't seem to notice."

Hmm, what can we say, American elections get sticky. The nuclear treaties thing, Bush can be an idiot sometimes, but if he does wait it is only a matter of time before Iraq launches attacks on its neighbors and the US would be asked to intervene. Though if you use that excuse you might as well go off and try to conquor the entire Earth.

I think Iraq is merely a little ego trip for Bush. His father came to the aide of Kuwait, but only weakened Saddam, and didn't drive him from power. Bush wants to do what his father could not, kill Saddam. At the rate things are going, they won't invade Iraq until I could be drafted to be one of the guys getting gassed because of Bush's ego. (That would be two years btw. I'm only 16.)

Edric, you are being naive. Haven't you learned the rules are more complicated for the US? We can get away with warcrimes, without prosecution. But if we shoot down a civilian airliner by accident we'll recieve more hell over it than if any other nation would.

Yep I noticed Europe was laughing its ass off. I was made fun of in every chat I went to because I was an American and that we couldn't even fill out simple forms to elect one of three idiots who can't probably tie their own shoes.

Should've said this earlier with the dictator stuff, but yes your rights can be revoked. In World War 2 almost everyone of Japanese descent was locked up in Concentration Camps within the US. Most of the American Public at large, never knew. I live within an hours driving distance of where one of those camps stood.

Bush is making me nervous, his giving of poers is getting out of hand. It is reminding me of Nazi Germany. The FBI can now go into a bar and arrest you if they hear you talking about bombs or killing officials. At the trial its their word against yours and they win. The government can tap any computer in the US they want, they're supposed to have a warrant, but guess what, they don't get them.

(Care to go back on topic?)

Umm, sorry for overreacting... :- Now that you've reminded me about our dictatorship (ended only 12 years ago) I noticed how far off the US is from that... But I still wouldn't call the USA a democracy, after what happened at your last elections.

Patriot Act? What's that? Sounds like something Bush would do... ::)

I think the US government just needs an excuse for its incredibly big defence budget, so it needs enemies to fight with. Call me paranoid, but I'm not completely sure that the CIA didn't organize the Sept 11th attack...

"Oceana's war with Eastasia is going well"

Ah yes, the rules are different for the US. How could I forget that? :)

Let's not exagerate, the US is nowhere near Nazi Germany... at least for now, I suppose. They can't revoke all your rights at once, or they'll be a civil uprising. But they can revoke your rights one by one, over a few decades... and no one will notice.

Edric, have you been reading the French Conspiracy Theorist's book that the US Government took control of three planes by remote and a missile hit the Pentagon?

Because if you did, I know people who watched the Pentagon get hit. One was in the parking lot, one was in an office with a clear view about a fourth of a mile away. So never believe all conspiracy theories...

Finally someone brings up bin Laden's CIA history. May I just say *gets up on soapbox* something. Has anyone noticed whenever we get killed by operatives of other countries, the operatives are usually US trained? I mean really, bin Laden trained in the US, suspected Swedish Hijacking guy was trained in the US, etc.

Anyone think the CIA, FBI, NSA, and company need to do some good background checks before they hire people? In my area at least, we had the FBi Fingerprinting Center open, they hired thousands of people...without background checks! That's just insane. How long before I can go buy an uzi at a gun store without a background check?

*grumbles about the need for torture to ensure loyalty* Yep, isn't it a shame that that sort of thing happens? Maybe they should ask for outside help in learning how you ensure loyalty. You rarely hear of traitors from the Mossad attacking Israel....

what does this have to do with generals? I will buy it and play it and stop after 3 months like all westwood games I have but I still cherish them all, and GLA looks cool there trucks look like Adids from the somalian incident(err war) in 1992 and the russians are??? the chinese look cool to.

How ironic, seeing as this is now the OFFICIAL WestWood Board for Emporer. Yes, they do watch it. Some people watch it for them. *Hint, Hint*

Well seeing how I get paid nothing to "watch" I could care less what people say about Westwood. As long as they aren't breaking any rules I haven't got a problem with it.

And Westwood rarely visits the site let alone the forums.

Leto, your President was NOT elected by the majority of the people. Therefore I consider him a dictator. Furthermore, his decision to break the Nuclear Treaty with Russia and his preparations for an unprovoked attack against a sovereign nation (Iraq) should qualify the USA for sanctions from the UN.

The whole of Europe was laughing its ass off at the un-democratic American elections, but you didn't seem to notice.

Thats fucking it, I cant stand this shit anymore. Bush is a idiot I agree, but smart one, about your earlier posts thing of the WTC!!!! dont you think the Usa deservers atleast one game where they can win for what 5,000 innocent lives because of hate against relegion and power? I thought so, your just a idiot who talks to much, have your country attacked by terrorists on that scale, have your dam country become the most powerful militart might in the world and the most free. THAT MY FRIEND IS WHEN YOU CAN TALK SO STFU!

"Leto, your President was NOT elected by the majority of the people. Therefore I consider him a dictator. Furthermore, his decision to break the Nuclear Treaty with Russia and his preparations for an unprovoked attack against a sovereign nation (Iraq) should qualify the USA for sanctions from the UN."-Edric

The whole of Europe was laughing its ass off at the un-democratic American elections, but you didn't seem to notice."

I just wanted to say this:

The people don't elect the president. What happens is if the majority of the state vote for someone, they get ALL of the electorial votes, and for every state and so on, that is why the presidents go after Florida and California because we have one of the most electorial votes. When all the electorial votes are counted in, it is THEN that the electorial college (the actual electors) makes it a final decision.

Bush had more electorial votes than Gore, which won him the presidency, but Gore had more actual people's votes. It's a crazy system but that's how it works.

Vilgent, more than 5000 people die every year in car crashes just in the US... This is not to say that the WTC attack was not a horrible thing. It was. Horrible, but not very big.

Taking your revenge in games won't do anything, though. You're already winning the REAL war.

A YEAR!!!! THEY ALL DIED IN 2 DAYS MAX! And maybe smart one, since we win any dam war we're in ( Except Vietnam, whicth was a bad mistake all together ) THATS why they pick us. Ever think about that? THOUGHT NOT. Dont go around dissing other peoples countrys, ESPICALY WHEN YOU DONT KNOW WTF YOUR TALKING ABOUT!

[off-topic, I know]

You win every damn war you're in because you never pick on someone your own size.

And let me make one thing clear: I hate the US. I hate my own country too. I hate ALL countries. They are nothing but pathetic reminders of our tribal past. We are ONE species. ONE people. DEATH TO THE NATION-STATE!