games worth buying:

vidiware

(I don't mind the group cap, it prevents people from massing huge armys, and winning by sheer numbers, hence preventing strategy.)

Um, take a quick look right after the last comma..."Hence preventing startegy"? ROFLMAO! Why would a supposidley good feature prevent strategy? ;D

Oh, and what, exactly is revolutionary about WarIII? Tell me. I'd like to know.

RPG style gameplay. And stop being a lil bitchy ass. It's good admit it, or keep being a lil biatch and havin ppl talk about u behind ur back.

"RPG style gameplay"? That load of BS put out by Blizzard? It's just like any other RTS. You can upgrade the Heros, and they cast spells. Big whoop. And the upkeep isn't original either, before you say it. Look at Force Commander.

But that's off topic. So what say we all shut up?

P.S. You never did answer why the Group Cap "prevents strategy". LOL!

DukeLeto... You just explained what sounds like every other blizzard and westwood game there is.lol Upgrading for better weapons. building and conquering. There is no difference. of course its RPG. Your complaints have no basis in reality therefore you are talking in ignorance.

WcIII isn't really revolutionary in any way. The game itself is pretty good, but the graphics are to cute for my taste.

Ps: I know several guys who think that WcIII is basicly a re-do of WcII (haven't played WcII myself). They now refer to the game as "MoreCrap 3".

WcIII isn't really revolutionary in any way. The game itself is pretty good, but the graphics are to cute for my taste.

Ps: I know several guys who think that WcIII is basicly a re-do of WcII (haven't played WcII myself). They now refer to the game as "MoreCrap 3".

WHAAAT? crap? no way it's very popular and it rocks and it is revolutionary. the implementation of heroes and neutral parties will have great influences in future rts games

WHAAAT? crap? no way it's very popular and it rocks and it is revolutionary. the implementation of heroes and neutral parties will have great influences in future rts games

The neutral parties? Hmm..*cough* RA2 tech buildings *cough*

Heros?

I can't imagine any other company implementing Blizzard's view of heros. It's not bad, and I don't hate that aspect, but it's just wrong for an RTS. It causes too much micromanaging. No unit should require that much individual attention. They should stick to RPG's, which is what they do best. (Diablo II is GOOD!) I'm just saying I'm not buying any more of Blizzard's hyped-up schlock in the future.

But...BACK ON TOPIC!

Empire Earth has heros, they are really good, they do alot of damage in the earlier epochs but from ww1 and onwards they die straight away..

Anyway i dont think WC3 is good, but rather repetitive, its just massing and charging basically, i know u will say nnooo its not blah blah blah and mention spellcasters and heros and everything, well yeah thats still massing, get a hero, get some fighters at the front and get some spellcasters at the back, and whoever has more units wins, i think it was desert eagle who said that every unit counts in WC3 and said that if the other person has one more unit they could easily win, YES exactly thats what makes it crap.

Not to mention the graphics, which im not usually bothered about, i mean its nice to have good graphics but its not a deciding factor to why i get a game, but these graphics are repulsive.

Or and i think WC3 needs them as its so hard to see stuff properly, Hotkeys, when theres a hero in a game there should be a hotkey to go to the hero, as im constantly losing mine. There should be one to go to barracks and other buildings...

i could go on all day but i dont want to really,i just got baldurs gate and wanna go play that, its a good game, i'll get baldurs gate 2 after :D. I did get Neverwinter Nights but it ran a bit jerky on my machine :( i'll get it again when i upgrade my PC.

(I don't mind the group cap, it prevents people from massing huge armys, and winning by sheer numbers, hence preventing strategy.)

Um, take a quick look right after the last comma..."Hence preventing startegy"? ROFLMAO! Why would a supposidley good feature prevent strategy? ;D

Oh, and what, exactly is revolutionary about WarIII? Tell me. I'd like to know.

sorry if I made a grammarical error...or maybe you're just slow upstairs, but it was referring to building mega armies which prevents strategy. Not the group cap that prevents strategy. Even if I was the one at fault, you know darn well what I meant...smart ass ;D

war 3 hahahahah war 3 sux! it's one of the most horrible and half baked games ever! the features of Bnet don't even work!

ie: you are supposed to be able to choose what maps you play or not but no matter what options you choose they have NO effect.

also Blizz says they changed the matching system so it matches you only with people close to your skill level, and that is COMPLETE BS. you get matched with ANYONE regardless of if they are level 12 and you are level 2. the war 3 ladders are a joke and unless you play 300 + games per week you can't even get a rank on the ladders!

Plus War 3 is uber babybish and has a very "gay" theme about it and strong homosexual sub-text (though in some cases it's not EVEN a subtext ::))

so again I say, how anyone can like War 3 is beyond me, unless :

1. that person is gay so he appreciates seeing his lifestyle reflected all the pro-homosexual propaganda and paraphenilia in War 3

2. that person is between the ages of 2 - 4 so the uber-babyish graphics and voice acting are right up his alley

Nav quit your whining about what sux and what doesn't. This thread is about games worth buying, I'd suggest you'd contribute to that instead of the whining why you dislike all games (and maybe post something constructive).

I also want to ask others to please stay on topic. If you want a duiscussion about War 3, then are enough other threads about it, so please post in there..

Yeah sorry Nyar you are right, my bad. Unfortunately, most games worth buying are no longer on the market because they came out years ago and the companies that make them are either out of business, or still in business but don't sell those games any more.

IE: Sierra no longer sells Betrayal at Krondor and that REALLY irks me because I have the 3.5 disk copy but the soundtrack on the CD copy is even better (even though it is remarkable even on 3.5). Sierra has tons of money due to Half-Life etc. and there is *no* reason why they can't still sell Betrayal at Krondor, which is the second-best game ever made IMO.

Btw if anyone has a retail copy of the CD version IM me and I will *pay* you to copy it and mail it to me (it's not piracy because Betrayal at Krondor is abandonware that is no longer on the market)

I have betrayal at krondor on cd, one problem though

It requires 4 mb of ram :'( and the problem is Betrayal at Krondor can detect upto 32 mb, cuz if you have 256 like me the comp will see it like 2,56 mb of ram. I'm not sure how it will go with 512 mb of ram.

This problem CAN be solved, it worked on my old comp with 96 mb of ram once cuz i used a special bootdiskette. In that autoexec.bat file it said that my comp should only use 32 mb ram so that Betrayal at Krondor would run. You have to add a line for that though and i can't remember what it exactly was. perhaps i can find it. Otherwise look in the internet and search for betrayal at krondor problems cuz this id a common problem.

However there was another problem, a harddisk problem. If you had over 10 GB or something it wouldn't work either but i don't know how that all worked anymore so you should find that out yourself. But I DO know that it can work, it's just kinda hard