When schools become killing fields...

ordos45

Huh, driveby shootings, kids with guns, man beats up his wife, people getting high, "acsedents", all this is bad.  where do you people live?  I live in a mediom sized town, and the most our headlines say is "Senetor McCane to resign." and evrybody starts crying.  I didn't even know such stuff hapened on a regular basis.  Culembine was the first I had heard of it.  Call me an ignormous, but are you exagrating, or are you serious?

Nampiga or whatever, I dont know if you "know" this but this is a violent world. It cant be solved. It exists, And i tell you this. If they mess or even "Kill" my friends. I swear god i will rip their lungs out, Even blow their brains out with a sig commando if i have too.

Well, In the city i live is not much violence that is true. but outside.. Its like America in person. :)

Well Ordos45, we did have a secret police before 1989. "Secret" is a way of putting it, since everyone was very much aware that it existed. You could be busted for just about anything. For example if they didn't like your face... ::)

It should be noted that Ceausescu had a sick pleasure of demolishing churches and historical monuments. Some were saved by being moved... litteraly. One 400 year old church was moved in one piece out of the way of his new street design... It couldn't have been taken apart in a neat way, so they had to load it on a huge platform and it took months just to move it the necessary 50 meters. Of course, the hardest part was getting the party to approve the whole thing... :(

The state-sponsored violence from the communist "era" left such a bad aftertaste that we're very peaceful now (at least compared to your town).

In my school, for example, a simple fight is a big scandal. Not that we have any strict rules or anything, but people just don't do it. I haven't actually seen anyone fight, but when something like that happens it's big news. Drugs? Maybe, but not likely. Teen pregnancy? You'd be considered insane just for bringing it up.

It's illegal to own a gun unless you have a very good reason and the bureaucracy makes sure that it takes years to get a gun licence.

OTOH, it's true that we are a poor country, so basically people have too many worries to think about sex and violence...

Tsar, I'm dead serious. And you are right about one thing, it is very ignorant not think that violence is omnipresent. I've said this once, but it needs repeating: BAD S*** HAPPENS!!!!!! Open your eyes and see the terrors that happen on a daily basis! People all around the world suffer from violence, and it has been like this since the dawn of man.

One good thing about Eastern Europe is that schools do not become killing fields.

Unfortunately, 8 kids died here in Sofia not long ago in front of a disco. Apparently there was a crowd on the ice-covered staircase of the disco, and people slid down on top of others. You must have heard about it in the news.

One of the kids lived in a flat next to ours.

As Irwin Welsh says, shit happens.

Some is worse than most, though.

"I swear god i will rip their lungs out, Even blow their brains out with a sig commando if i have too"

That's exactly the sort of attitude which creates the world we're in. It's pitiful how young people now can be so unthinking.

Society is indeed crumbling... soon the number of PR agents, spin doctors, conmen, publicity agnts, advertising consultants and things will become too much, and we might return to real, productive work, instead of profiting by exaggeration and propaganda that is the root of all the social decline and killing.

Violence is human nature. We have been fighting each other for millions of years(dont start edric). Violence is one of are strongest geens. People=Violence in one form or another. Socitiy may not be crumbling but weakning. Most of the countires of the world are having a hard time with their econemy today,But to say we are crumbling no i would disagree. There is no huge stock crashes there have been no depressions(were getting close though). One thing i think is that democrasy while its great and all. Seems to be slowly colapsing. I think we need to find a new system its time to in my opinion.

Final note

Bush=idiot.

Well if violence is in our genes, then I say CHANGE THEM! >:( That's just about the only situation in which I'd agree to altering the human genome.

We must never accept the world as it is! NEVER! Our civilization is pushed forward by people who refuse to accept it the way it is! We ALL have a dream, but far too few of us act on it! Saying that one man can't make a difference is bull$hit. If you have even a 0.001% chance of making the world better, GO FOR IT!!!

Soon our general social system will change, like it has done 3 times before... from primitive to ancient, from ancient to feudal, from feudal to capitalist. That is why we see capitalism crumbling around us. We have all the major symptoms of a decadent culture...

It will be either up to us or the next generation to throw capitalism in history's trash pit and create a better social system. The final collapse can come with as little as 5 years' warning... for those who pay attention. Are we ready for it?

WE ARE ORDOS! WE ARE ONE!!!

"The final collapse can come with as little as 5 years' warning... "

Sept 11? Would that be a good enough warning?

The sooner we return to real work and productivity rather than profiting from others' weaknesses, the better - then, fighting will lessen. You can't hope to eradicate totally, of course, but it'll help.

We'll have a lot of trouble changing our genes to end violence - the problem is in the important parts of the gender chromosomes.