When schools become killing fields...

ordos45

Acriku... It doesn't matter if they *want to* or not... *evil grin*  We could make a bacteria or a virus that infects people, alters their genome, then dies.

Nema, I'm confident that we have much longer than 5 years before that collapse. Sept 11th was only the beginning... I'd say it'll take around 20 years.

What sucks is most names that wouldn't ever be offensive are associated with events that hurt people. Like calling Japanese "Japs" because it was what the enemy soldiers called them during battle. People should really mellow out sometimes.

I dunno. It really depends on how thick your tolerance is. Some people just cannot stand any reference to slurs and get extremely offended. But others just brush it off. Personally, I don't care what you call me, just as long as you acknowledge the fact i am human.

But the reverse is what happens when people refer to another person using racial slurs. How can anyone acknowledge you as human when racial slurs are use to dehumanize you. You can use any example that you want to Native Americans and European settlers, Trans-Atlantic Slave trade, Hitler and the Jews the bottom line is that with racial slurs comes dehumanization of another person or people.