Religion

Ordos, I don't know where you are from, but have you ever visited the "Bible Belt" of the U.S.  It is basically all of the central states spanning from the deep south, to Colorado and all the way north to Canada, and south to Mexico.  Maybe we do live in a mideival bubble here, but Christianity is running strong.  They don't torture you for heresy here, but they sure let you know you are going to hell.

The problem with how Christians question God, is that they don't often explore other possibilities.  They have questions about the Biblical account and in Jesus, but then rush to affirm their original belief, instead of exploring other theories.   There is a difference between questioning your faith, and rushing to reaffirm it, and sincerely exploring all possibilities.

Religion will always exist ;D

The rules of the univers arn't set by us, we do however see the influance they gave and make "natural rules"  for ourselfs so we can understand the univers for ourselfs.

Yust wondering, I had a debate at school, and we had the idea that the US is infact a verry religious country.

Look at the things President Bush says, "for God" , and a lot of thing follow with "in God we trust".

So I wonderd, every one from the USoA, how do you think of this yourselfs.

The old worm mentioned the religious beld of the US, do others feel the same or are there more of these places ?

As for the US being a religios country:

I am from germany and we say:  It is!  You even have "In God we trust" written on your money!  Then you teach religios theories in school like god created humans, which we dont or we just do in religion class (which one may choose, but even there we dont take it seriously).  And not to mention the preachers on TV.  Well, one may say that the US are a very religious country compared to Europe indeed.

In the Netherlands we had "God be with us" [ only in Dutch ;D ] on the side of our 1 Gilder [ don't know if you spell it like that ]. On the Euro's I'm not shure, could be on the 1 and 2 Euro.

Schools are not allowed (except private) to teach religion. They can barely teach evolution, because parents do not want their children subjected to controversial things at the age where everything their teacher says is true (the impression age). That is in USA though.

We are, as a whole, a very religious country.  It is very rare, here in Kansas, for me to find another agnostic.  In fact in the last five years, since becoming an agnostic, I have only ran into one other person with those similar views, and have known no athiests.

I get judged very strongly by those around me about my beliefs.  My family on my wife's side is convinced that I'm going to hell, as are most people around me that know my beliefs.  Most irritating, is that I find few evolutionists around here and end up debating several people at a time about it.  But then again I live in central Kansas, the heart of the Bible Belt.

It depends on where you go in the U.S. the amount of religious ferver.  On the west coast, I would suspect you would find less religious fanaticism, as you might on the East coast.  You have to remember that we are a pretty big country and the diversity is pretty large.

Public Schools, as Acriku said, are strictly forbidden to include religion in the classes.  I have never been taught about creationism in school, and evolution has been taught in most biology classes.  However, religious influence has passed a bill in Kansas, that says evolution is not to be required learning for kids, and will not be a part of the State Assessment testing.

At most schools in New Zealand. Little old us. Religion is strictly forbiddin. I can remember two teachers who got fired for saying something as small as. 'I believe in God' this is just their views though, is it fair that they can be penalised for something like that. Religion is part of our History and always will be, we should learn to accept people with different eliefs.

In the UK, there are church-linked primary schools ('Bluecoat C of E' etc) - not all, though. Secondary schools (11-16) are nonreligious - except private schools - some are religious. If you live in an area of the wrong religion, tough luck. Not a great system.

But evolution must be taught, and religion must be taugt - as something select religious groups believe.

And Islam may expand more if United States don`t stop doing they are doing now. New Jihad. And Christianity shouldn`t die becouse its religion of people who think there will be better place with loving Jesus after death and now people need something like this, now, when is too much poor and unhappy people.

But its fact, Christianity hasn`t good leaders, so some people could think "If they don`t realy believe in this, why I should?"