Forum Upgrade

Gobalopper

• 2 weeks later...

Don't know if you want to know it Gobalopper and if this is the place to post it but here it comes anyway.

When I'm logged in [ as gryphon ], don't logout and exit my browser, [ you know witch I use :) ] then start it again and go to the forum, guess what.

I'm stilled loged in. [ according to the forum and the lightningbolds next to my name ] but my page displays " Welcome guest, please .. . . . .".

Didn't remove any kookies, temp files etc. and still have the same IP.

Does the software use "browser ID" to identify you or does my filter realy work and doesn't send any personal info ?

:)

You know what is weird? I type in dune2k.com/foruim/YaBB.pl and it gets me to the forums. But I am a guest. All I do is hit home (upper right, next to help) and I'm logged in. Can you explain that? It isn't a burden, just a wonder.

Nope, it isn't that strange in a way.

You have a Dune2k kookie and the site is registerd in you "kookies.txt". The software uses these to ID you, even if you are not logged in the forum has the abilety to "see" who you are. [ if you are a member here at Fed2K ]

Then your IP can also be used, but I didn't found out how mutch of the ID is been done by IP.

Exually Gobalopper should say this ;)

[ it would be weird, or a wonder if you do this trick on a computer you havn't used before to visit Dune2k.com and you get logged in ]