Bill Gates Is NOT An Idiot Afterall!

Desert_Eagle25

I downloaded sum IntelliMouse software crap but it doesn't give me the option to change my mouse buttons(I have 8 buttons, and wireless). The one I had earlier did, but it only comes with the mouse driver disc, but mine didn't come with the driver disc! And Microsoft.com doesn't allow me to download the driver, I mean, who would want a driver if they didn't have the mouse?

I think all you guys are missing the point. (No offence by the way..)

You said you downloaded some Intellimouse software crap..., are you sure you downloaded it from a reliable source? Perhaps you should just get the driver disk for the Intellimouse when you buy the Intellimouse instead of downloading some 'software crap' from somewhere. Anyway I'm no hardware expert, all I'm saying is that with hardware, you should make sure the stuff is quality guaranteed, and not just some rubbish off the streets (if you know what I mean). :P

that's 5 buttons plus a scroller, i also had a 5 button mouse +scroller but it wasn't microsoft... it came with sucky drivers... so what did i do? I used microsofts drivers :D it works perfectly now! :)

If you guy's want software that really works buy Sun or an Apple !

Don't downlaod sofware from "some guy" who wrote something nice. It usually doesn't work as good, look at all the Windows programms that screw up your computer and the lardge amount of Linux programms with the same features.

And I presume you have an IntelliMouse ?

Bad option, you should have bought a Logitech ;) [ or one of those "claw" thingy's ]

And if you are pissed with Microsoft, buy Linux or an Apple .. .

If you guy's want software that really works buy Sun or an Apple !

Don't downlaod sofware from "some guy" who wrote something nice. It usually doesn't work as good, look at all the Windows programms that screw up your computer and the lardge amount of Linux programms with the same features.

And I presume you have an IntelliMouse ?

Bad option, you should have bought a Logitech ;) [ or one of those "claw" thingy's ]

And if you are pissed with Microsoft, buy Linux or an Apple .. .

I am very zealous in my great hate for everything having to do with MS and Bill Gates, but unfortunately there is no viable alternative to his monopoly of the OS/Software market for those who love PC games. :(

yes, the new apple ads are complete b.s. they compare their newest OS with an outdated OS from Micro$oft. the blue screen of death?? you'll NEVER see that in XP because XP never crashes and halts like that.

The OS itself is more stable in Mac's case. But then OS-X is verry verry slow in rendering internet pages. It a nice OS but runs to many processes in the background.

Have you ever noticed that Mac comes with an idea for an OS first and it is then beeing released simultaniously or a bit later by Microsoft ?

And just saying they arn't as good as Windows. . ai. . you've probbebly never done audio mixing and rendering or strong graphical computations. You'll defeniately be wanting a Mac for those jobs . . .

But when it comes to games, well Mac's enought said and Linux [ mayby with WmWare ] isn't an option unlike you love to play X-Bill or X-ball all day ;D

You don't even have to see the blue screen of death on lower versions, you can simply edit the file and make it red or so ;D

Heheh, purple with green stripes screen of death...

Anyway, although I've only seen the blue screen of death once on my XP system, and it was a prank, my computer *does* still crash, and I get to restart the powerbar.

I'm not a MS-hater. And I frankly don't understand everyone else's problem with Mr. Gates, and considering most of the arguments I've heard tend to border on jealousy, I'm not liable to start hating the company any time soon. Like my friends above say: if you don't like Windows, use something else! Or better yet...write your own!

The Mac OS is much more simplistic when compared to any version of windows. It has a greater capacity for raw data manipulation (video/image editing etc) but doesn't support more dynamic programs that integrate video, audio and text with user input. By this, I mean that it can't handle anything from flash on web sites to complex game engines as well.

Mac pro: Allows for greater efficiency when processing raw data.

Mac con: Program types are limited. Sophisticated interactive programs have many, many more errors, bugs and compatability issues than if they were developed with windows.

Windows pro: The sky is the limit. It has the capacity to simultaneously operate more programs of greater sophistication. Also, windows comps just tend to have greater system.

Windows con: The distribution of system resources is disorganized at best. When a "workhorse" program like a video editor isn't allocated sufficient resources from the central processing unit, the program tends to say "I CANT TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!" hence you get the evil blue screen of death or the infamous "You have performed an illegal operation. BAD BOY!" message.

However, newer versions of windows are better developed and are resistant to these kind of annoyances. Unfortunately, even if the Mac OS could be improved, multi-functional programs would still crash because, lets face it, the market is much smaller for Macs. Programming companies realize that they wont make a lot of money off of Mac software, so they put a lot less money into the development of such software thus it tends to be of inferior quality ie still buggy, crashes often etc.

What pisses me off is that you are FORCED to upgrade to the newest MS OS every few years, and they change whatever the Hell they feel like changing to increase profitiablity and the end-users are the helpless victims in all this.For example, Windows XP has no System Tray!!! WTF? The System Tray is one the most heavily-used features I have in Win 98 SE and because MS decides to remove it to better force only their own MS products in your face, my entire system functionality must be changed drastically because of the forced upgrade.Also, XP automatically comes with MSN/Windows Messenger. Exscuse me? Who *ASKED* for that to be installed by default???There are many other bastardizations to the OS in XP, such as the lack of the "Show Desktop" button - a feature which I use probably at least 1000 times per month. I could go on and on about the debauchery MS forces upon the end-user with it's new and ever-more ad-filled OS's. I will resist XP as much as possible. I hope by the time I am forced to upgrade ('cause games no longer will run on 98 SE eventually :O) that there will actually be a viable alternative to Windows.And yes, MS imitates it's competitors' innovations, then drives the competitors off the market (or simply buys-them-out and corrupts them in the worst, most evil possible way, ex: Hotmail) in a few years with it's imitations. Perfect example: Netscape.

Though we all ahte windows, note this FACT: If Linux was currently in Microsofts place, with the monopoly and all that, we would hate that instead, same goes for macs etc. Windows is best, otherwise it wouldn't be where it is now.

etc