how to stop swarm of minotaurs

eccp19

Question applies to ordos commanders :P

Do not let them get swarms of Minos. That's the main benchmark I use to determine whether or not I am going to win a game. If I am playing Ordos or Hark, and I have swarms of Minos in my Spice, and another swarm festering outside of a Factory, along with Fremen and Sards, and my economy is in top-top shape at that point, 95% of the time I will win the game after that point. Best way to stop swarms of Minos is to prevent it from happening. If it does happen and you don't have an equal swarm of Minos, abandon all hope because if you are playing a good player, you're screwed. ;)

well...first if always check enemy base. if they're building sum mino's and u have a palace, use ur chaos lightning. if u dunt hae a palace then continually attack them wif laser tanks and such before they start building an army. also aim for they're economy wif advanced caryalls and and such. i always continually attack wif EITS's through the entire time to maybe slow em down. heh

YOu need to be more specific on your question. But in case you don't want to restate i'll give a general answer.If the minos are already built:If they are moving, the best way to kill them is laser tanks and freemen. Make sure the laser tanks keep moving as laser tanks automatically target while moving. Fredaykin can deploy and call a worm which can kill many minos at onceif they are stationary, and NOT in your spice field, your best bet is to continually kill his/her economy with fast laser tank attacks on harvestors, you could also have freemen on "guard" so that when he/her moves minos to intercept the freemen take them out one by one. As for killing the minos that are already built see aboveIf they are stationary, and outside of your base, you should start building kobra tanks which you keep at the top of your base, you should start building stealth units (freemen, ix bombs, etc) and you should be prepared to build laser turrents. The best thing to do is to keep the kobras higher up the land mass than normal, and then draw the minos in by hit and run tatics (since a mino on the run can't fire worth a crap). This all assumes you have economy. If you don't have economy, and you don't have enough units, then i would suggest you make an advanced caryall, an ordos apc, engineers, and try to capture the enemy's buildings.

*since i'm bored*

another way of getting rid of them is to pick one up with an advanced caryall, and then move it to your base in which you have a few AA troopers that kill it. Only thing is when you say HOARD of minos, that could mean anywhere's between 4 and 30. If there are 3 or four or more minos they will kill your advanced caryalls as well as the unit that the caryall was picking up (the mino). So if you got the money, you can advanced caryall them to death, if no money see my previous post

Did you know that kobra has lesser range than Minos...

Thats unfair...

Yes, BUT - if a mino is moving his range is dramatically effected. A stationary kobra might not kill a moving mino on it's own, but two will for sure. Also, a moving minos firing rate is dramatically effected, and the accuracy as well. This is why when people ask about mino attacks i allways say to keep the minos highlighted and be ready to hit the "S" key which stops them. A stopped mino is a good mino

Did you know that kobra has lesser range than Minos...

Thats unfair...

I hear someone say that the Kobra has about 4 times more armor than the Mino. I don't know if it's quite that high, but the Kobra DOES have a whole heck of a lot more armor than the Mino. *THAT'S* unfair since the Ordos starting units can *easily* eat through the starting units of any other House and earn a guranteed win in QM if the other player does not quit the game.

hmm...each support unit have their advantage.now dont talk about fair or not.

how about mino and kindjal work togeter?if u near the mino...kindjal kill u..if u out of range of mino..they fire u..agree?

man, i wanna play an all out total warfare map, with 9 players,

I'm not sure you can have that many players. Even with a LAN set up, the maximum you have is 8 as far as I can remember... If only there could be more than 4 players at a time in 1 game on the net...

That isn't true, they have the same bullet KobraHowitzer_B (deployed Kobra). And the bullet has the range-parameter.
You may have right here... But when I and Vidiware played, my mino stood there and kicked Vidiwares cobra so hard he could feel it and had to move it ;D

We were standing on each side of the bridge... i accidentaly moved my mino alittle too close and it started ripping Vidi's cobra to shreds...None of the units had any of the red arrows in front of it... did i mention all his mortar infantry was made into 100 small snacksy pieces each by the same minotaur before it left for its own safety?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

yes 4/5 of it's armour

but the kobra and mino have exact same bullet and warhead wich means they have the exact same dmg. But kobra better cuz of height.

But unfortunately, the Kobra needs to deploy inorder to get the advantage, and deploying will take time. From advantage, this would lead to misadvantage.

In other words, Kobra would word much better in defence than offence.