How many houses exist?

vidiware

House Sardukar (check Dune it's a house in its own right. I assume its fief is Salusa Secundus rather than the Corrino Kaitan).

House Galach

House Rautha (so I heard although it may be wrong)

Moritani and Vernius are correct. Rautha was just a forename for Earl Rabban, so house Rabban

As to the horrible little dwarves... Bene Tleilax or the Tleilaxu. They are not a house. I think Sardaukar must have been a house which became amalgamated into Corrino, perhaps a house minor, and so the Sardaukar name was taken - Bu they didn't come from S.Sec, although Kaitain was a possibility - remember, S.Sec was once the seat of imperial power - so the house there had been the Corrinos before it was devastated.

Yeah, the capital H is there because it refers to House Corrino, not just the building.

I know because of the way the sentence was written.  if I recall correctly, it was something like "House Sardaukar rushed to the door".  Surely, an entire faction can't run to the door.  :)

Part of the list from the DE:

Alman, Atreides, Corrino, Kenric, Wallach, Marmusetz, Wikkheiser, Kyzyl, Ophelion, Qair, Tiiopa'il, Delambre, Ezharian, Hajus, Moritani, Ordos, Clanricarde, Forbino, Ginaz, Hybla, Morotai, Pastran, Pinang, Thorgod, Tombe, Turenne, Bagrationi, Harkonnen, Ispartha... and that is only the first of four columns...

For some there is but the page that lists all those Houses is just the voting numbers for the Great Houses during the reign of Leto II. So Alman gets 10 votes and so on. There are other areas that give insignias and such but they don't list as many of the houses.

Thanks, Gunseng.  I found six of the seven Houses that acted as magistrates presiding over Leto's trial:

-Baron Sor of Anbus 4

-Lord O'Garee of Hagal (Theta Shaowei 2)

-Duke Vidal of Ecaz (since there is a House Ecaz in HH, I'm guessing Vidal is either a House Minor "borrowing" land from Ecaz, or it's an error)

-Count Miche

-House Fazeel

-Baron Olin of Risp 7

If anyone ever finds the 7th (if it's ever mentioned) please let me know.

• 1 month later...