Comments on Kwisatz Haderach

nemafakei

Ghosty now needs more comments, ideas, improvements and flamings (he said so, but still, go easy on the last one...)

... in order that the next version of the mod can be made. Enjoy the mod and start posting new ideas!

You can find the expansion pack thread from WW's boards here:

http://www.dune2k.com/forum/YaBB.pl?board=hosted-editing;action=display;num=1008452018

-Gobalopper

Just played a skirmish as Corrino.  Might I say congratulations to the production team, the Harkonnen are finally a force to be reckoned with.  Although I want to point out some possible bugs.

Possible Bugs: When your troops go over the spaceport when the frigate is supposed to land and the spaceport is near the corner of the map, the frigate never lands.

Next is the fact that your palace unit, the Sardaukar General can be obtained from  selling any building.  I sold twenty windtraps and got twenty generals.

This may not be a bug, but why do the Corrino have no advanced carryalls?

Now for some compliments: Nice.  I will worship u, whoever had the idea to put those big bombs in the griffin hold.  Oops did my sound blast guy do that to your base?  And finally it just rocks period.

More rants, and possible bugs.  I have just played as the Ordos.  I thought the palace gave u sabotuers, it gave me chaos lightning but the nice stealth sabs were on my EITS.  

Next is the fact that the Ordos Cyborg Mine did nothing but hide under the sand, was it supposed to attack?

Next is the fact that when your ordos sniper gets to elite sniper it has the ability to go back to the barracks and train the next level up like Atriedes snipers do.  I had over 100 elite Ordos Snipers running around in the hark base.

Last of all I want to know what happened to the slasher unit?  U know, the Ordos Unit that was supposed to have swords to slash up enemies.

Ok, I'm compiling a list of gameplay bugs and balance issues. Speaking of which, what do you think of the game balance?

Bugs found so far:

1. Generals come out of sold Corrino buildings

2. Ordos45's starport bug

3. Corrino Air Mine won't kill Carryalls that are carrying something, it will only block their path

4. Iron Griffin gets INSANE speed when it's 2nd level veteran!

5. 1 EITS can take out any building, including Con Yard

6. Elite Sard's and Rocket Turret's AA was not taken off

Balance issues:

1. Corrino Lion Tank needs a little more speed and a little less armor

2. Hark ADP needs those changes! No air-to-ground but twice the old AA range.

3. The 3 new turrets are utterly useless, except maybe the D-turret (but that's inaccurate as hell)

4. Hark plasma trooper is useless (it does too little damage)

5. Corrino Sonic Blast troopers are too powerful

6. Corrino Repair Vehicle gives them an insane advantage! It was supposed to be a slow *infantry* unit, ghosty! (the scientist)

Ligic and Jacob, I wish I knew how to help you... :-/ Maybe it's time we asked Nyar for help.

All of you whose game crashes during loading, you should read the readme file! When playing as Corrino, never put pre-built on (that's because i renamed ATConYard to COConYard, and when you select pre-built it searches for ATConYard which does not exist anymore)

Now I 'll answer to Edric O 's list (whoa, lots of bugs)

1. Generals come out of sold Corrino buildings- A BUG

2. Ordos45's starport bug - I haven't experienced it myself, i dunno why this happens

3. Corrino Air Mine won't kill Carryalls that are carrying something, it will only block their path -what? mines work fine for me, sometimes they will explode without killing the other unit (if the other unit is too fast) but they never just sit there blocking paths

4. Iron Griffin gets INSANE speed when it's 2nd level veteran! - sorry, my mistake

5. 1 EITS can take out any building, including Con Yard-i thought the eits would contain the new type of saboteur

6. Elite Sard's and Rocket Turret's AA was not taken off -why take off their AA? you never told me about that

I did give the hark platform twice the range, i didn't sacrifise its air-to-ground capability.

As for the mines, place them in the sand and wait for a vehicle to run them over. You cannot self-destruct them yourself. I have explained some of the mine bugs in the emperor message boards. The best place to place them is the enemy's spice field

The turrets? I admit the Lion turret is a bit useless. But I found the plasma turrets extremely useful. As for the d-turret, if it would launch guided missiles, it would be overpowered.

Right, I've read through the readme twenty odd times, made sure it was off prebuilt bases, about the same number of times.  But the thing still crashes on me.  Do I need to patch my game, as I'm using version 1.04.