Minotaurus versus Devastator: who'd win?

mushman29

You always have stored 25 000 credits for this, haven't you? I think you've never played against Sardaukar user. And attack with 10 devastators - it's impossible. While they came everyone will not only build enough defenses, but also enough assault power to beat your base. Devastator is unusable without carryall, and 10 carryalls is another 28 000. And also, you can't buy 10 units of one type in Starport.

And actualy Caid. I maked 10 Deva's once (On multiplayer), with 5 Adv carryall's and Since you cant choose multiple loaded Adv carryall. I maked group's, I played the 10 deva's in the base, (Although a few got shot down )

Well. I destroyed the base litteraly in 30 seconds.

Deva's are always useless without Adv carryall unless if they defense like Gunseng said. And if they camp at a spice field.

Unless you can build Devastators really quickly and drop them in early in the game, they're quite useless. The experienced human player will always make sure he/she has tight air defences, especially against the Harkonnen (Devastator drop, Gunship rush), so chances are the Devastator won't get a chance to set down where it can do some damage.

I've noticed that Devastators are not that good against aircraft sometimes. Ever noticed how slowly the missile launcher on it's shoulder turns? Unless the launcher is pointing in the direction of the enemy unit as soon as the unit gets in range, the time that it takes for missile turret to rotate and fire will mean that the enemy will have a little more time to do something, (like drop a APC with engineers into your base via Advanced Carryall, etc.) I like to use Devastators as a feint. What you do is attack their main defence line with them. This draws a heck of a lot of attention, and when the enemy is busy worrying about destroying the Devastators, you could sneak into their base with something else.

Preety good strategy...with infiltrators...

I like put devas with missiles in group and then enemy can attack with normal units and with air units and lose with them. Actually I found that troops can be more annoying than ornithopter when I have devas with missiles...cos troops are in group. But it not work very well if enemy has Tleilaxu, devas and missiles are not good to shot to each other and I don`t like running with engineers around.

• 2 weeks later...

ok why even use a minos against a deva? its like using ordos chemical troopers to kill a machine gun post. use a sonic tank or place a adv carryall on it, its turret is slower then even the deva itself it (eh.... welll kinda). Or what about feds all atr must have feds, its a law.

when the mino can start shooting from maximum range and keep running away from the devestator.

shoot again. runs away.

the mino will win.

but when hes in the dev his range the dev will kill em with 1 plasma bolt and 1 misile salvo.