BEST SUBHOUSES

Guest Destroy38

But their military technology sucked!  So I ripped off the executrix and gave them the technology.  And yes, I was responcible for making the Tleilaxu units go insane on Draconis IV and nearly kill the executrix.  The tleilaxu are worthless, and so are the executrix; so no matter what the case, I have killed the weak.

The Tleilaxu's primary purpose is to vex the opponent, costing him/her a lot of Attention. You can't leave Leech Larvae on your vehicles forever despite the fact that they erode armour so slowly. You can't let contaminators walk towards your infantry forever whilst your infantry are busy with other more urgent targets (e.g. Chem troopers, Snipers, Dust Scouts, etc), despite the fact that contaminators are sooo slow and have to be at point blank range to attack. Do not expect them to perform anything else apart from being over-priced decoys, except from preventing Kobras from deploying/undeploying. The fact that both units grow in numbers for each kill only means casualties are reduced (insignificantly in the case of contaminators).

Right. Maybe the best strategy against them is ignore them at first, kill enemy and later kill Tleilaxu and larvae?

Yes, but what if the enemy keeps up attack so that you have to decide whether to kill enemy units or get the Larvae off those dying vehicles (when you don't have any Engineers nearby because you forgot or they've been assassinated)? That's when you are under pressure and you don't have enough Attention to handle everything. That is the primary purpose of Tleilaxu - they don't pose a threat unless you ignore them for too long, in which case they suddenly become a headache.

Similarly what happens when you leech Harvesters? Let's imagine a favourable scenario: Enemy hears about Leeched units, checks it out briefly and makes a mental note to get an engineer to remove it back at base or force fires on it. Suddenly he/she gets distracted by an invasion which could destroy the barracks and kill engineers amongst other things. He/she is busy dealing with the threat, probably repelling it, then forgets about the leeched Harvesters until he/she sees them again later when they have low health or realises he/she forgot to cancel force fire. Income damaged severly when many Harvesters succomb to Leeches. This can be most frustrating when you don't have enough engineers/repair vehicles and too many leeched units. To a certain extent, Leeches become expendable at this point as new Leeches are grown from enemy vehicles (especially if you destroy them after you've leeched them - you don't have to wait as your own fire doesn't destroy your own larvae). Contaminators are still too expensive though unless you are fighting a newbie.

pretty good? buzzsaws are anti tleilaxu.... but well... back to the tleilaxu point.. i think they're not that bad.... computer is realy good in irritating me with them.... i usually never give an AI opponent tleilaxu cuz they are so good in irritating me that i lose my will to play emperor