FIFA World Cup 2010

Mahdi

Well, after has been doing well. It's gonna be a very bad optimistic week here I suppose. Overly enthusiastic supporters and not to forget a couple of bickers in my street next Sunday.

If history has learned us anything, just when winning actually becomes possible. We lose horribly. Would be nice if they prove otherwise this time. :)

If history has learned us anything, just when winning actually becomes possible. We lose horribly. Would be nice if they prove otherwise this time. :)

Don't worry, Germany will beat you in the finals if they succeed against Argentina tomorrow  ;)

To be honest though, I wouldn't mind Holland to become world champion.

Don't worry, Germany will beat you in the finals if they succeed against Argentina tomorrow  ;)

To be honest though, I wouldn't mind Holland to become world champion.

:D :D :D

After the way they beat Brazil i would not mind aswell, they got good team and would b nice 2 c a new team lift the trophy  ;D ;D ;D

Oh my! What a game today. Ghana kicked their luck on the last second of the game. Definitely not for people with heart problems. But Uruguay deserved to pass. They were deprived of a clear penalty. Referee was favoring Ghana.

:) :) :)

Both games were great and i must say Ghana played much better than i thought they would play after losing Essian before the world cup and losing 2 players because of yellow cards against America nevertheless they made the African continent proud.   ;) ;) ;)

Leaderboard (after 2games is )

1) Vek                                         2 points                   (full house)

2) Atomicar,Athanasios,Calthazar     1 points                    (3way tie )

I guess you are right. The media always does their part heating up the tension and trying to focus on a rivalry. I really don't know why they want the fans to pick on each other when there are other teams out there that usually everybody hates, like France for example  ;D

that is it , i have had it with football , starting from supporting the Egyptian team in world

cub qualifiers , to supporting the African teams in the finals .

nothing but violence and bad referees and wicked players like the Nigerian attacker

who was 1 meeter away from the net and he just manged to send it out with the hops

of all his team and now this ; Ghana vs Uruguay

610x6suarez600372010039.th.jpg

cheater cheater cheater and a traitor please fifa ban this guy for ever and send him

to play handball or something . no no and no , i will not let this pass ,

this guy will make me stop supporting this sport . yes i will watch but i will

never support any teams . those guys are not worth it .

LEADERBOARD (after 4 games):

1) veK                            4 points  (full house)

2) Calthazar                    3 points

3) Atomicar, Athanasios    2 points  (2 way tie)

NEXT UP:

1) Uruguay - Holland

2) Germany - Spain

MY PICK:

1) Holland

2) Germany

LEADERBOARD (after 4 games):

1) veK                            4 points  (full house)

2) Calthazar                     3 points

3) Atomicar, Athanasios     2 points  (2 way tie)

NEXT UP:

1) Uruguay - Holland

2) Germany - Spain

MY PICK:

1) Holland

2) Germany

Atom :

1) Uruguay          ( i hope the underdogs do it )

2) Spain

Calthazar :

1) Holland

2) Spain

Atom :

1) Uruguay           ( i hope the underdogs do it )

2) Spain

Calthazar :

1) Holland

2) Spain

Vek :

1) Holland

2) Germany

Athanasios :

1) Uruguay

2) Germany

Question ,as u all know i stay here in South Africa and when i watch football on tv i hear quite often by the commentators refering 2 this world cup as the best ever  ;D ;D ;D

Just the other day a german tourist said on tv that this world cup was better than  Germanys world cup and that tournament was great    ;) ;) ;)

An english journalist (forgot his name in his 60tees) has been 2 the last 9 world cups & he says this is the best    :) :) :)

Now do u guys agree or is this all hype iam hearing    ::) ::) ::)

Our team plays great but that's about it. Because I think it is one of the worst world cups in a long time.

Here's why:

- the vuvuzelas suck BIG time

- the turfs in the stadiums look horrible

- we have summer and it's pretty hot but down there it's winter and often cold and rainy

- many fans from europe stayed at home because they were afraid of the high crime rate and don't like the weather

- the referees are the worst in a very long time

- a lot of mistakes (not counting goals, counting goals that are none, unecessary breaks and cards) ruin the gameplay of many games

- a lot of bad goalkeepers in this tournament

- the stadiums are/were not completely booked at every match

- it's a shame to build complex and costly stadiums for only a few matches in a country that has a large group of poor people

- playing 1800 meters above sea level sucks (those were usually bad matches when they played up there)

- way too much expensive commercials for cars (and I thought the car industry had big problems and no money)

- almost all the "stars" didn't do much in the tournament and got eliminted early

- no african team except for ghana made it past the group phase

I'm sure I forgot some things that bothered me. That being said I still enjoy the world cup which is mainly because of Holland and Germany and watching the games with friends. But I think the last 6 world cups were a lot better.

:O :O :O

Wow that bad    :-[ :-[ :-[

Ok yes Germany is playing great soccer    ;) ;) ;)

I agree the vuvuzelas suck BIG time  & as far as i know its not really part of the South African culture just some businessman cashing in big time .    ::) ::) ::)

I thought the turfs were good or maybe only on the big stadiums    :( :( :(

We have the best weather so why is the tournament here in winter, i dont know if it was in summer here then its way 2 hot    8) 8) 8)

It never rains here in winter except this 1 (global warming) or( english weather but the english are home so rain is now gone)

Many fans stay away because of high crime rate ok i agree but not the weather (our winter  is like german summer).

Referees ok bad like 2002 (japan ,south korea) but thats fifas fault they do not make use of technology that is available so i dont blame the refs even though they made plenty mistakes    :-X :-X :-X

gtg    :) :) :)

Referees are bad but it is not only their fault. FIFA should have used new technology. And the stupidity is that they are not going to implement it even in the next world cup. Instead they plan to use 2 extra referees. Insanity!

Weather is not good. I suspect the cup should have taken place a month or two earlier.

Nevertheless thanks South Africa!

Mah what a bad game from Germany. They only have to blame themselves. Too bad I don't like Spain, they played a bad world cup until this match and hopefully they get their asses kicked by the dutch team.

LEADERBOARD (after 6 games):

1) veK, Calthazar              5 points

2) Atomicar                    3 points

3) Athanasios                  2 points 

NEXT UP:

1) Uruguay - Germany (Match for 3rd place)

2) Holland - Spain (Final match)

MY PICK:

1) Germany

2) Holland