Best Movie Quotes

Wolf

In my continuing efforts to fan the embers of this forum, I have decided to start a rolling movie quotes thread. The rules are simple: the best quotes or bits of dialogue from the best movies. The benefits of this topic to society, I think, are obvious.

And what better place to start than Mad Max?

"Just walk away. Give me the pump, the oil, the gasoline, and the whole compound, and I'll spare your lives. Just walk away. I will give you safe passage in the Wasteland. Just walk away and there will be an end to the horror."

--Lord Humungus, Mad Max 2: The Road Warrior

Funny, the loading page of my homepage has the same feature. . . :)

(keep in mind that the PHP random feature is not really random)

Just a couple of them quickly copied.

know this sounds silly, and I might sound ridiculous... like this is the scene of the movie... where the guy tries to get a holdof the long-lost son... but this is that scene. And I think they have those scenes in movies... because they're true.

Phil Parma (Magnolia)

Hell is only a word. The reality is much, much worse.

Dr. Weir (Event Horizon)

Hey everybody, I found one! The government actually found someone we're looking for! YEAH, BABY, YEAH!

NSA Worker (The Simpsons movie)

I'm not sure if many people here have seen Kung Pow, but:

"I have been called bad before. Many have said I do things that are not correct to do. I don't believe in talk such as this. I am nice man, with happy feelings. All of the time."

-Master Betty (A.K.A. Master Pain), Kung Pow: Enter the Fist.

"Ling: But Chosen One, I'd like to help you, but I, I, I, I, I , I, I just can't. I won't! WEE-OOH, WEE-OOH!

Chosen One: He wasn't at the restaurant, do you know where he is?

Ling: No, I won't tell. Stay, stay and live, live a life with me. WEE-OOH!

Chosen One: Look Ling, those curly Qs in your hair make me so hot I can't think straight!

Ling: You'll never make it. Never make it. Never make it. Never make it, never. Don't you see you can't make it?

[Chosen One grabs her shoulders and is clearly yelling]

Chosen One: [calmly] I implore you to reconsider.

Ling: Hmmmmm, OK.

-Conversation between Ling and The Chosen One, Kung Pow: Enter the Fist.

Great scene, I love this movie:

Connor: Now you will receive us.

Murphy: We do not ask for your poor, or your hungry.

Connor: We do not want your tired and sick.

Murphy: It is your corrupt we claim.

Connor: It is your evil that will be sought by us.

Murphy: With every breath we shall hunt them down.

Connor: Each day, we will spill their blood till it rains down from the skies.

Murphy: Do not kill, do not rape, do not steal, these are principles which every man of every faith can embrace.

Connor: These are not polite suggestions, these are codes of behavior and those of you that ignore them will pay the dearest cost.

Murphy: There are varying degrees of evil, we urge you lesser forms of filth not to push the bounds and cross over, into true corruption, into our domain.

Connor: For if you do, one day you will look behind you and you will see we three. And on that day, you will reap it.

Murphy: And we will send you to whatever god you wish.

[Murphy and Connor join Il Duce behind Yakavetta]

Connor, Murphy, Il Duce: And shepherds we shall be, for Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be.

Il Duce: In nomine Patri.

Connor: Et Fili.

Murphy: Et Spiritus Sancti.

[they execute Yakavetta]

~The Boondock Saints

So true...

John Connor: We're not gonna make it, are we? People, I mean.

The Terminator: It's in your nature to destroy yourselves.

John Connor: Yeah. Major drag, huh?

~Terminator 2: Judgement Day

Working in advertising I have to like this one:

"Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy shit we don't need."

~Fight Club

From the book but pretty good. It's kind of my personal motto:

"If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't."

~Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club, Chapter 5

"Principles only mean something if you stick by them when they are inconvenient."

- Laine Hanson (played by Joan Allen) from The Contender.

I don't watch nearly as many movies as I used to, and in fact I don't think I've seen that one. But even so, it's a very important line. I'll be back once I run through my collection and see if there's anything more. Most of my better quotes are from TV series or games.

"I don't care if you are a vampire, you're still English. Have some manners."

Sir Integra Fairbrook Wingates Hellsing.

"Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not, then they are enemies to be feared."

Col. Kurtz, Apocalypse Now

"It is by will alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by will alone I set my mind in motion."

Piter de Vries, Dune

"We've come here to pay our respects to Great Aunt Nellie. She brought us up properly and taught us loyalty. Now I want you to remember that during these next few days. I also want you to remember that if you don't come back with the goods, Nellie here will turn in her grave, and, likely as not, jump right out of it and kick your teeth in."

~ The Italian Job

You're right, I did lose a million dollars last year. I expect to lose a million dollars this year. I expect to lose a million dollars *next* year. You know, Mr. Thatcher, at the rate of a million dollars a year, I'll have to close this place in... 60 years.

-Citizen Kane

I could google the right film ;)

Thought the same thing. But that's right, there's no fun in it that way.

"I see pride! I see power! I see a bad-ass mother who don't take no crap off of nobody!"

Was it spoofed in Robot Chicken? I think I might have heard this quote, but somewhere else than the movie itself...

From the first clue I just guessed the first (only) jamaican film the came into my head: Cool Runnings!

It has to be. Jamaica and Olympics... what else could it possibly be. Or did I miss the day when smoking pot became an olympic discipline and an epic film about it was released  ;)

"The last great opportunity of a lifetime - an entire world at war, and I'm left out of it? God will not permit this to happen! I will be allowed to fulfill my destiny! His will be done. "

--Lieutenant General George S. Patton, Patton