you can ally with ai

AMIgaBot

Hi im new here ive been playing Dune 2000 for a long time now, i was wonder can someone tell me how to play online and how to ally with Ai that would be great, i also have to say i donwloaded the game does that mean i cant go online? or create maps, alli wiht Ai etc? thanks

i prefer for  downloading  cd image because standasd game what has 58mb size it dont work on,line.  find a isom image, mount  then install it  ,  put crack in and start. .. for today  there is low chance to buy dune2000 orginal cd. since is so  long time game was released LOL . on ebay there is few too

that good.  we have now more secrets of dune.... maybe the westwood did use  hex editor to create maps ?  how then he could  have  be able to put skirmish units? because i think starting units are not coded in mis file and map file. its  ui_data stuff possibly  dune2000.dat too

that good.  we have now more secrets of dune.... maybe the westwood did use  hex editor to create maps ?  how then he could  have   be able to put skirmish units? because i think starting units are not coded in mis file and map file. its  ui_data stuff possibly  dune2000.dat too

Are we talking unit placement here or unit classes? Because if it's unit placements, then the second short (16 bit int) in each tile's data in the .map file (each tile is allocated two shorts, one for the tile set ID, one for the special properties of the tile) covers placement of starting structures and units. You can find a spec for the .map file here.

Actually on rereading your message, if you're referring to multiplayer spawns then the starting units are definitely not in the .map files (having checked this myself), and I would find it unlikely for it to be in the .mis files, as I believe that is not what the .mis files are built for. I would assume that it would be held like you said in the dune2000.dat file. If I was any good at reverse engineering exes I'd be able to be a lot more productive. :(

well this might be problem

mis file is used for scripting  so  why i cant havee carryal reinforcements via skirmish??

i replaced _o3v2.mis with _prac.mis  ofcourse ai was unable to build  buldings but waiited hour and no carryal was here

i check website and ..... wait.. slo if i  replace some values i can already start with bulding????

i will try this but need guide  where to inject hex code because i mean whatt offfset i need to find to  test these

for some buildings see the link mvi gave you.

and i can find out which building has which value (i know how, but i cant explain its quite complicated), but only on the next week because i am far away from my dune2000 files.

and i know value for the ordos starport - 0x1102.

maybe i put the tutorial how to find out these offsets. maybe...

and what is  tileatr?.bin???

for some buildings see the link mvi gave you.

and i can find out which building has which value (i know how, but i cant explain its quite complicated), but only on the next week because i am far away from my dune2000 files.

and i know value for the ordos starport - 0x1102.

maybe i put the tutorial how to find out these offsets. maybe...

and what is  tileatr?.bin???

I am compiling a list of more structures and units, so far I have most Atreides units and structures, some Hark and Ordos (although these seem offset from the Atreides, so you should be able to guess the indexes based on Atreides), some Corrino structures, some mercenary structures, some smuggler structures and the fremen. I am also working on a campaign map editor which will make use of these indexes.

DaxxXyrax, do you have a method of finding these indexes without going through existing campaign .map files or taking reasonable guesses?

Also, who is "and what is  tileatr?.bin???" aimed at?

tileatr.bin contain some tiles  data

but  what about vars.bin ?

wait wait... with these things can you make larger than 128x128 maps?? its possible to have   example  1000x1000 ?

Afraid not, too many things rely on the size being no more than 128, for example the radar on the screen. 128 is also the biggest number of combinations in one byte, presumably Westwood allocated one byte for x and one byte for y to save on memory. Indeed, if you do attempt to load in a map bigger than 128x128 you get the following error:

errorskl.png

that crap..... well how we can  override this??  maybe its cause of  map parser? lets find out the problem

btw. about ordos starport.. what i must do with the hex offset when  i find it?? can be put in skirmish?

well i found something

at begin of prac mission file from 0000050 to 0000058

00 01 02 03 04 05 06 07

00 01 FF 01 01 01 00 00

00 00 14 00 00 00 00 00

that crap..... well how we can  override this??  maybe its cause of  map parser? lets find out the problem

btw. about ordos starport.. what i must do with the hex offset when  i find it?? can be put in skirmish?

It's possible that there's a limitation in the exe or dat file somewhere which can be modified, which specifies the amount of memory allocated to map sizes or the max dimensions.