Ordos strategies here!

Edric O

Hmm, it's useful, I think, to send out scouts (counts for all houses) at the beginning. First build barracks, then build 5/6 scouts (for every edge/corner) and then build some chemical inf (or snipers/flamers) and out them at the entrance so no scout can pass. (I mean: Without being in the range of the chemical inf). It's very valuable to know the enemies base (all of it) and the enemy doesn't know it from you. Makes alot of difference against NIAB.

I build most times after the barracks a factory (and then outpost (don't underestimate that one!) and then a refinery, fremen camp (or sard barracks) and another refinery). After the factory I build 15 Dust Scouts + 3 Laser Tanks, and then again some (10) Dust Scouts. Then I start working at the main defense, Kobra's.

And further all high technical things (Projectors, NIAB, Deviator)... Maybe this strategy can help people having problems with the rushes in the beginning. ;)

Some good attacks:

- The old engineers in an APC attack: Put 5 Engineers in an APC and move (or move it with an Adv Carryall) to the enemies base, unload and capture the important buildings. Build in the mean while turrets, and when you captured the buildings place them and shoot the rest to pieces. Very devastating 8)

- Place a few Kobra's in the enemies base. And let them destroy as many as possible.

- Build many EITS (Eyes in the Sky) and let them move in formation to the enemies base, somewhat like this:

----

10 dusties and some lasertanks do not help you al the time, you should see the situation and adapt to it like my enemy is making hordes of minos and kindjal then you SHOULDN'T build those dustscouts and lasertanks but some wormriders or areal assaults.

• 1 month later...

I like hunting down single infantry with a dust scout. Much fun. I once got a Sonic tank from a crate while playing Ordos, damn thing was destroyed a few minutes later when a repair vehicle would have saved it. THEN I got a repair vehicle in a crate! That is SO annoying! Oh well...win some lose some...

• 2 months later...
Some good attacks:- The old engineers in an APC attack: Put 5 Engineers in an APC and move (or move it with an Adv Carryall) to the enemies base, unload and capture the important buildings.
How is the adv. carryall suppose to survive an enemy AA attack?And for all your other tactics, where are you gonna get such a large sum of money from??

Hahahahahahaha! Yeah sure...

I can kill an Assault Tank with a Laser Tank without getting a single scratch! (not that it matters, the Las Tank self-repairs anyway)

Same goes for Mongooses. Their missiles are a pain, but a Mongoose is too slow to survive a Las Tank.

The Las Tank is the best early anti-tank vehicle 1 on 1... but when you have larger numbers (10+) it gets much harder to maneuver, so Las Tanks are much less useful.

A Hark Assault Tank couldn't hit a Las Tank if its life depended on it... which it does. :) You just go around and around and around...

As for the Mongoose, if you hit it once or twice with the laser before your Las Tank is hit by one of its missiles, you can kill it even with your Las Tank standing still (or almost).