Ok, here's an idea, granted a nooby idea, just like myself, but hey, it's still an idea:

The problem seems mainly that, even though noobs have usually been put with elites, there are differences in HOW elite and HOW nooby each player is. Pretty much, even if two people fall into the 'noob' category, one would still most likely own the other. For example, Voodoo, you say your a 'not very good' player, but I have no doubt at all that you would completely and totally own me in a game. Now, this wouldn't be a problem if there were as many catagories as there were players, but something tells me that's not going to happen, so...

You could handicap every team further still, only instead of handicapping good players with noobs, your handicapping the current teams with less points for a win or loss. For example, lets say that the team of Leo and Lastgoyo, described as 'two great players' by Spaze, are the favourites for the tourny. They could get, say, 10 points for a win and 6 points for a loss. Then, say there are two other teams that look like they would be competing for second, but certainly not for first. They could get 11 points for a win, and 7 points for a loss. This proccess would continue (but not necasarily in that order - the point system could go into decimals for a fairer game, for example) until we reach the '2 teams that have weak players', as pointed out by Spicy, which could get, say, 13 points for a win and 9 for a loss. This way, every 4 wins for the '2 teams that have weak players' beats every 5 wins by Leo and Lastgoyo by two points. (Bear in mind these team ups are based off what everyone else has being saying - I have only ever played one other person in this tourny before, so naturally I have no idea how handicapped each team should be, so I'll leave that to you, Voodoo  :) )

Yes, I realise that the points system should be different - the difference between a win and a loss should change according to how many different catagories of handicapping there are. For example, say there are six different handicapping levels, starting at Leo and Lastgoyo getting 6 for a loss, the next 7, the next 8, etc, but all the way to 13 because of the variety of catagories. In this case, of course Leo and Lastgoyo should get at least 13.1 for a win - otherwise it would be impossible for them to win the tourny. Lets say, for this example, they get 14. So that would be 8 higher than their loss equivelent. Then this would be the same for each team respectively - for a win they get 8 more points more than a loss, instead of the four more I had in the last paragraph.

So, pretty much, the point system should, of course, change according to how many levels of handicapping you have. Also, the difference between a win and a loss should change according to just how nooby you think the noobiest team is, and how great the greatest team is. For example, if you think the noobiest team is REALLY REALLY nooby, then tinker with the points to make it 1 win from the noobiest team = four wins from Leo and Lastgoyo, or whoever the most favoured team is. Of course, the gap between points for a win and points for a loss would be huge here, very different indeed to the original 4 for a loss and 5 four a win, or however similar you had, but it's your choice whether it ends up making it fairer or not. 

Naturally, the biggest problem I see (amongst, of course, many others) with this is that the tourny would no longer fully revolve around pure skill - the point system would now take a much bigger part in the game - but as I said, it's just an idea, and one can never have too many of them  :)

hehe ..  that sound pretty complicated man ,, for a  Harkonnen head at least ..

another way out is to make it 1vs1 all over again

or remix the teams and  set them by a draw , u can set numbers on papers and we meet

in dune chat room and draw papers ,, so haw ever it comes even if its

spaze with  last  gordo  ;D

I dont like the idea of going back to a 1v1 lol, myself has always loved team games much better then 1v1's. I feel noob's handicaping idea holds water but is pretty rough around the edges.

Spicy's idea of two differnt sections is also good. I mean if you think about it, if you are trying to pair an elite with a noob and they play a team with 2 decent players, then the noob will be killed imediatly and the elite will be forced in a 2v1. No decent player here is idiotic enough to not take the noob out fast and quick to focus on the other guy. So by seperating sections for the elites and one for the "Emp Underclassmen," could be a decent idea.

{atomic}

Well 100% for Voodoo for trying.

There is about 3 people on Spazelords B division that can beat me. Definetly Limiano my brother.

If we play 5 games i might win 1.

Nunu is the other.

The other might be Voodoodaddy but i wont bet on it.

Iam happy to play with Nunu.

Here is my ELITE list.

Spazelord

Kalony

Scar

Darkness

Kingpoker

Darkdeath

Here is my IMPERIAL list.             (average players )

Alchemi2

schorpie

Spicy

Leo1990

Deluged

Nunu

Voodoodaddy

Limiano

Atomic

If some1 dont agree with my lists just say so.

Instead of 2vs 2 we have handicap match.

That is 2 vs 3 .

squad A = Spazelord    [elite]         squad B = Alchemi2    [imperial]

Kalony       [elite]                  Deluged       [imperial]

Kingpoker    [elite]                  Voodoodaddy   [imperial]

Meganoob      [ noob  ]

Crysniffer    [ noob  ]

Game1 = Spazelord+Kalony   vs       Alcmemi2+Deluged+meganoob

Game2 = Spazelord+Kingpoker vs      Alchemi2+Voodoodaddy+Crysniffer

Game3 = Kalony+ Kingpoker vs        Deluged+ Voodoodaddy+ Meganoob      

The only thing about that spaze is there are 12 players in cat #1 and 8 in #2. So there will still be 2 strong teams as there is now. And if we are to start this by the weekend, we need to close this soon to be able to train with our partners.

I'd hate to start some strats with spicy then find out the next day we're not on the same team.

Dark, how would you feel if Kalony was in my team would you still saying what your saying now? Thing is, it's got to be fair to all not to some people and if you want spicy as a team8 then I'd like Kalony or Leo.

Dark, how would you feel if Kalony was in my team would you still saying what your saying now? Thing is, it's got to be fair to all not to some people and if you want spicy as a team8 then I'd like Kalony or Leo.

Looks like 2vs2 wont even out, 2 many Elites few Noobs.

What about Spazelord [elite]    vs    Spicy    [ Imperial]

Kalony    [elite]            Limiano  [ Imperial]

whistler [ noob  ]

Spicy I don't know who or what nunu is? They need to clarify the full nik names not just spic or kal or what ever. I just went by what I knew  ;) nunu to me sounds like a new player so I listed him there, that's all.

nununu  lol strange you dont remember ,, its erjin man

I was just saying that in the end trying to work off those two lists will end the same.

Beleive me spaze I agree 100 percent we need to fix this and that the teams are not I beleive as equal as we can get them; whether it be through re organization, handicapping or as I said before having two categories, one for elites and one for "emp underclassmen." Having the underclassmen comepete for a third place overall/best underclass team. Then having the 2 top teams getting 1st and second.

That way if we do that we can have newer players with newer players and elites playing with elites.

dont be sad dune fighters we are rising from the dead  and we have a shaman voodoo leader

wise and  able .. play more come on te server lets get this rust off our bicks

and roam the sand with sardukar again  then  what ever we do it will be great

that was always the gift that this game gave us in our lowest  moments

It seem like we getting so much problem  ???

I think we need meet on on-line then talk about this issue.

And i believe we had only few elite not 6~7... only 4 people in there

but i don't want given any name.  cuz you guys will be know  :)

if u want talk about this one? come to msn

lastgoyo@hotmail.com

http://www.chatzy.com/484503160553

it dosnt matter who is elite ,, 2 good players can beat and elite + good player

team games are different and u know that we wont make a class for elites

ok spaze is better than everyone thats not a problem me and scar can win

kalony and leo  in a sunny day  ..  we need to make 2 lists :

good players and  category 2 players

what to do with that list ?  not important but we need to agree on that first

Whistler and I were discussing the Tourney and came up with a couple of thoughts. The discussion centered on making the Tourney fair for everyone, and giving the players something for participating.

To this end, we were thinking of sending some sort of medallion to everyone that participates. These would be lightweight, easy and inexpensive to mail. (keeping in mind that we're not wealthy :))  Perhaps something like this, whatever house you play in the tourney, you get that house disk. If possible we will add some lettering about the tourney.

<Second, this time I am doing a Team Tournament where I will assign the teams. Team play is popular, and this way I can do some handicapping to give every team as fair shot as possible. We want to do a league type of Tourney, where every team plays every other team, and every team gets like 3 points for a win and 2 for a loss (or something similar)

I would like to hear some feedback and/or ideas about these proposals.

Once this is finalized, I will modify my first post.

Voodoo, at this rate, if the tourney doesnt happen can I still get my medallion please?  :P

Lets not worry about the fair toooo much and think of the fun more.

I need practice and want to play some 1 vs 1 and 2 vs 2's so get on xfire so I can play you all! So far I have only met Scar and Voodoo on xfire.

Erjin999

lol, great discussion. but nunu is right. letz just have fun. i will take the biggest noob in my team and will even beat 6 of the darn korean cracks :)

omeganoob, ur my mate. letz meet on the sand, and train a bit.

and by the way, its great to c so much old friends....greetz deluged, and nunu and alch and schorpie and so on .....

dont take this tournament too seriously. ill win anyway :)

R O C K

kalony