President Obama

DRM prevents Brown from watching Obamas DVD gifts

Alas, when the PM settled down to begin watching them the other night, he found there was a problem.

The films only worked in DVD players made in North America and the words "wrong region" came up on his screen. Although he mournfully had to put the popcorn away, he is unlikely to jeopardise the special relationship

Is there no end to these indignities?  I mean, just when poor PM Brown sits down with a nice bowl of popcorn, ready to derive some bit of pleasure from the shabby DVD gift, this has to happen??  This is just too RICH! ;D

Like anyone with half a brain didn't see this coming...

As much as my opinion towards Brown remains mired in the grey slop of neutrality, I can't say I'm entirely looking forward to the next election. Each of the other main candidates I view with anything from passive hostility to open disgust, and worry that perhaps Obama has picked one to be friendly towards.

I'm holding out hope for a sudden influx of good news, or failing that for David Cameron to suffer a series of rapid heart attacks during a stroke.

They're more or less the same thing, but it depends on your perspective.

Obama gives queen an iPod

She already had an ipod.

WTF is this guys problem? Most powerful person in the world and the best you can do for a gift is some crappy electronics? We get it. You are young and hip and cool. What we want is someone with experience and charisma. I bet McCain would be better with gifts. He wouldn't even know what an ipod is. ;)

Do a simple google search and on second page it shows this:

Queen now owns a 6GB iPod Mini June 2005

Michelle Obama breaks royal protocol by giving the Queen a hug

At least the Obamas didn't wink at the Queen.

Obama the big loser at the G20

As the OECD reported this week, Canada does have fiscal room to pursue further stimulus measures. And, aside from his own objectives related to the regulation of financial institutions, Prime Minister Stephen Harper tried to help Mr. Obama. The reality, however, is that Canada has very limited clout at these meetings.

I love how Canada is the only country to avoid banking crisis, yet Canada will have no influence in deciding how to fix banking crisis.

I wonder what the queen has on her Ipod, I imagine she's an ambient girl.

It is thought the Queen already owns an MP3 player on which she listens to downloads of the Proms.

Fair enough. And in truth, the articles seem to be giving a largely positive spin to all of this. I am thankful sometimes that our heads of government come and go, while the head of state can be relied upon to rise above them. Generally.

Obama gives queen an iPod

She already had an ipod.

WTF is this guys problem? Most powerful person in the world and the best you can do for a gift is some crappy electronics? We get it. You are young and hip and cool. What we want is someone with experience and charisma. I bet McCain would be better with gifts. He wouldn't even know what an ipod is. ;)

Do a simple google search and on second page it shows this:

Queen now owns a 6GB iPod Mini June 2005

To be fair, she's the bloody Queen!  What doesn't she already have?!

A decent heir.

"Excuse me ma'am, do have a shot at our latest ghola technology. Once we figure out how to restore original memories, you can rule ad infinitum."

A daunting prospect for her perhaps, but just right for those of us who are a bit wary of the rest of the family.

Sadly for Mr. Obama, the cracks are beginning to show -- his lack of leadership experience, his style over substance and perhaps his hubris born of an over inflated ego.  Not only did the French and Germans successfully campaign against his global economic stimulus plan, but the Russians turned around, after having made good progress in talks with Obama, and raised the subject of replacing the USD as the world reserve currency.  It became painfully obvious that President Obama was not in the driver