What's the longest time you've stayed awake for?

Dunenewt

Two, two and a half days maybe? And MANY years ago!

After about 24 hours without sleep, I begin to experience auditory hallucinations when exposed to white noise. I first noticed this in my mid twenties after pulling two all-nighters on the department word processors and went home for a shower after submitting the paper I was finishing. It was like there was a crowd of people talking loudly on the other side of the bathroom door...or outside the window. The "voices" stopped as soon as I turned off the water, started up again when I turned it back on.

(Not to worry, I've never heard anything distinct said in any language I'm familiar with. No demonic commands to seek out and attack Kevin with a cream pie or that sort of thing. ;D )

(Although for all you know I could be posting this in an attempt to create an alibi for later when I actually DO do something like that. Ah, the insanity defense!)

(Nah, just joking!)

(Then again....)

(Not to worry, I've never heard anything distinct said in any language I'm familiar with. No demonic commands to seek out and attack Kevin with a cream pie or that sort of thing. ;D )

(Although for all you know I could be posting this in an attempt to create an alibi for later when I actually DO do something like that. Ah, the insanity defense!)

(Nah, just joking!)

(Then again....)

Must have been Galach then!

You mean staying awake continuously, without short naps? The longest I've gone is about 40 hours, I think - basically pulling an all-nighter and then going about my usual business the next day as if all was normal, and going to bed as soon as the day's work was done.

I've gone for longer than two days with only two or three hours of sleep per night. In fact there were about five nights just last week when I never got over four hours of sleep or so. But then this week I've been sleeping ten to twelve hours every night to recover.

I have a very erratic sleeping pattern. Might have problems later in life because of it. Hmm.

I stayed up for three days once, and had hallucinations too.  I used to stay up for 48 hours all the time when I was a kid.  My brother and I would RPG after school on Friday and stay up drinking Mountain Dew and eating pizza pockets until Sunday morning, then crash for school Monday.  It got to where my body acclimated to that schedule. 

Coffee's one of the few things that works for me, although its probably not the most healthy thing to do.  I'm going to watch the miniseries in a minute, well, the first episode anyway, because that's all I've got at the moment.  I've started watching the first few minutes of it, and already I'm annoyed at some of it, and I can feel a review thread coming on.

Something in the region of 50 hours when I was catching a lot of flights once, I think. Can't be sure of that though, time kind of blurred.

There was a time earlier this semester when I stayed awake for something like 40 hours without even feeling tired. Eventually I went to bed and fell asleep (with difficulty) simply because I thought I should.

Normally I'm asleep a lot of the time though, so it's easy for me to pull all-nighters without warning, so long as they aren't sequential.

Without any sleep at all probably about 50hrs, but with two or three hours sleep or even 20 minutes cat naps maybe 5/6 days but you do start to feel the aches and pains after that and smoking helps, coffee makes no difference but lucazade really helps.  ;)