Regrets

Mihail

We all have them, some more than others, some regrets bigger than others. Since online forums offer more or less total anonymity, if you so wish them to, then I though that maybe people could be a little more open about these kinds of topics than they would be in real life...

So what regrets, big or small, do you have? It would be nice if it was about some particular event(since those are more specific, and, generally, more interesting to read about), but anything will do. :)

Personally... I regret letting the days go by so fast. I wasted almost two summers of my life since I was the unpopular kid in school, and I regret that very much. And since I've started about summer - I regret not enjoying every last minute of the summer of 2007, since that was one of the best periods in my life... It was us(the 8th grade) and the 9th grade and some friends from different schools having a blast, parties every few days, and everyone knew each other and was friendly - now that the 9th graders have left our school(We're the 9th graders now), they've been flung out all across Riga and our old band of friends is, for the most part, no more. Internal conflict and new friends from their new schools... Ah, the nostalgia. :-

On a more lighthearted note, women. Every girl I've tried to have a meaningful relationship with... well, it didn't exactly end well. The funny thing is that I always keep telling myself that I won't and shouldn't get deeply involved with any girl, me being 15 and 15 not being an age where people can have a meaningful relationship, but rather a time for parties and good times, but I never really take my own advice. :D Oh well. All's well that ends well. Or something to that effect.

What about you guys? :)

Yeah you should go to somewhere you don't know anybody when you go to college, and where many others do the same. I think that's the best situation to be in after high school. Then it will be really easy to get to know new interesting people. :)

Military is the best time of your social lifeĀ  :P always someone around you... even when you want to be alone. no privacy whatsoever.

I regret getting too drunk on sunday. With a few black holes but most of the memory of the evening intact, I was surprised to get comments from people about it :-[

• 2 weeks later...

:'(

Dharma Bums is a book by Jack Kerouac(author of On the Road), where he just travels around America by jumping on trains, climbing mountains, doing Buddhism with Japhy, the Zen Lunatic, and doing all sorts of other yummy bohemian things. Like drinking. Alot. Which I didn't really like, but oh well. All this without any goal or ideas where he is going, etc.

Hence it pertaining to the condition of having no sensible direction in life.

You should read it, really a very good book. :)

The main thing here is on conscription. I end my term at the end of this year, but the days lately have been involving going through the motions, doing very standard work, and looking forward to the weekends.

It's like the whole point right now is simply to get to the end of it. Throwing in tidbits to make the journey to the end more interesting seems very difficult. Gah.

I regret not keeping my scholarship for college after three years... Now I'm scrounging for cash to pay for school myself, in the midst of applying for scholarships/grants. Although it did slow life down for me, enough to enjoy what I have now.