Student arrested for asking John Kerry questions

Andrew

University of Florida Student Arrested, Tasered at Kerry Forum After Asking About Election

Wiki article about the incident with lots of links.

youtube video - good quality

Video - longer video from different angle.

Now he sounds like a douchebag conspiracy nutjob, but I didn't know being a douchebag meant you could be arrested and tasered.

And what's up with police tasering him? There are like 6 cops on top of him. What did the police do before tasers were in use? Beat them?

the incident with the college student, though brutal in the use of force exhibited by the campus police, was a bit ridiculous in the fact that the kid was asking for martyrdom. idealistic (naive) kids like that love to involve themselves in passionate acts of heroism. So to me, it taints the true nature of the obvious brutality. The kid was being a petulant brat.

Resisting arrest from police officers when you have not been charged with anything is not illegal.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_arrest

He committed no crime, therefore should not have been arrested. He only resisted because the cops were going to arrest him for nothing. And he wasn't resisting arrest, because he was not under arrest. You cant arrest someone for resisting arrest when they have not done anything illegal to warrant arrest in the first place.

I can see were your trying to go with this, but notice I didn't say anything about him being arrested.

"Section 182.11.305 Resisting a police officer."

"A.    It is unlawful to resist, oppose or assault, prevent, fail to cooperate with or in any way interfere with a police officer or any person duly authorized to act as such, while the officer or person is discharging or attempting to discharge his official duties within the limits of the city."

Now I can honestly see were A. applied here. However,I honestly think that being an ass-tard doesen't help much either. That and resisting period is going to ruin anyone's day. Well here it will anyway.

Ever considered that perhaps he wanted to be Tasered. Being deliberately disruptive at a high profile meeting. Then resisting removal, then arrest (be it reasonable or not) Then suggesting "Don't taser me" BUT continue to resist, Isn't that sort of saying Go on Taser me.  ;D ;)

There's many videos of police officers getting tased to test the equipment. But of course when they do that they only do it for a short amount of time and only once. In reality they tend to repeatedly use it and for long periods of time. I remember an article several weeks back where the cops tasered someone repeatedly and for long periods of time which eventually killed the person. They used a couple different tasers on the person.

EDIT:

Not the article I was looking for but something similar. A woman was in handcuffs so they tasered her repeatedly.

Woman tasered numerous times by police officer

Of course in police training videos they never show a cop being tasered several times or wearing handcuffs.

Here is article I was looking for:

Wheelchair-Bound Woman Dies After Being Shocked With Taser 10 Times

Yep. In a wheelchair. 10 times. Dead.

See I would sort of like to be tasered just to see what it feels like, seeing as it is so high profiled in America. And besides I'd much rather be tasered than pepper sprayed, which is what UK police are equipped with.

From the sound of the words alone, I'd rather be pepper sprayed than tasered.

Here is article I was looking for:

Wheelchair-Bound Woman Dies After Being Shocked With Taser 10 Times

Yep. In a wheelchair. 10 times. Dead.

It's not the police's fault the woman was so susceptable to surprise. I mean it's amusing to think she'd be shocked to see a taser once, let alone 10 times. Oh women and their habit of doing things multiple times. Gaah.

In marine boot camp they subjected us to cs gas (tear gas)...actually I think all the services get that in boot. But anyway, they put you in a building with several other recruits and flood it with the gas.  Its an awful experience even if you don't breath it in.  But one time I was at a girlfriend's house and she had a can of pepper spray. I was curious and I sprayed just a tiny little bit in the air about 3 feet away from me.  My eyes were immediately stinging almost as bad as with the cs gas and I could barely breath, started coughing up a lung.  I hate to think what it would be like to be sprayed in the face with it (let alone put in a building and have the place filled with that stuff).  I've never been tasered...but I think I'd prefer it. 

Without Gunwounds, it's gotten a lot quieter now, admittedly.

Even if I were to want to know what a taser would be like, I would have known that it's anything but pleasant, and that if I were to be tasered once, I would probably want to stay away as much as I can after that. That means I wouldn't want to try it out by provoking the police to taser me, because I would risk getting tasered multiple times.