Student arrested for asking John Kerry questions

Andrew

Video of Robert Dziekanski being tasered and killed - ~ 10 min video

This happened at Vancouver airport. Video was released today. Police "lied" about what happened and multiple investigations are happening.

Video link is at top right under "related links".

I would think at the Vancouver airport they would have translators since it is a large airport...

The cops tasered him as soon as they got near him. You can hear him scream in deathly pains. They must have tasered him several times. You can hear the cops say "hit him again". Then 4 of them get on top of him. Happens around 6 minute mark. One Guy billy sticks him several times in what appears to me to be the head region. Then silence. Code Red, he's unconscience.

Huge news in Canada. He was at the airport for 11 hours, his mother about 100 feet apart but neither knew it. 11 hours and no help from airport people. Airport people ignored the mother when she begged for help 3 times. Rediculous.

Watching mother in interview now. :(

OMG after her son died and she found out airport people offered to help her by getting her into a womans shelter?!!?!? They should have given her 5 star hotel.

This is barbaric, inhuman and completely intolerable. The policemen involved in the Canadian incident should immediately be kicked out of the RCMP and charged with murder.

The worrying thing is that it seems police services all around the world are getting more brutal and arbitrary, with the blessing of their respective governments. Airport security in particular is a nightmare. I'm frankly sick and tired of all that crap about terrorism threats. Yeah, so a plane might be hijacked. Well, there is also a risk that the plane might explode due to mechanical problems. There is always a risk of death whenever you get on a plane. I'd like to see some statistical analysis looking into the question of whether terrorism significantly increases that risk. I suspect it doesn't.

The video is being shown on all news channels repeatedly.

One lawyer interviewed said it was murder.

The police decided to use the taser before even approaching him. How are they supposed to know the health conditions of the person? Maybe he had a heart condition, who knows? He was no threat to anyone for 11 hours, all of a sudden the cops show up and need to use a taser because they saw him as a threat.

The cops were told he did not speak English, so did they not think that they should get a translator? How are they supposed to read him his rights?

EDIT:

According to Taser video shows RCMP shocked immigrant within 25 seconds of their arrival

it says the police lied about the number of times they tasered him, and the amount of police officers that were there.

The police confiscated the video, saying they would return it back to the owner in 48 hours. 1 month later they returned it.

EDIT:

Direct link to video from CBC

Whew, damn. OK, 3 days ago, the couple across the street from us must've had some sort of domestic shit going on. My wife and myself heard banging from the house, yelling,screaming etc. My wife dials 911. In about 3 minutes 3 Sheriff cars arrived along with a van unmarked. I am assuming this guy had some serious priors or something. First, his girlfriend comes out with a swollen eye and some blood on her face. The deputy whips out what looked like a shotgun, however it turned out to be the rubber bullet gun which still looked lethal as hell to me. The guy stays in the house. Next thing that happened was the van suddenly emptied out with around 5 guys in full tactical gear and some serious weaponry, and I mean the sort of guns I play with in BF2, clearly some were automatic. The concussion grenade was lobbed through the window, when he emerged from the house...bamm!

the deputy drops him with the shotgun.(Although they were rubber bullets it's hard to distinguish when your watching this go down.)

the guy got up and around 3 officers tased the bejesus out of him. This was about 40 yrds. from my house, and the grenade they threw in there shattered our porch window.(Although they did have a guy come and fix it for me). Well, my wife feels guilty as hell for calling the cops...but hey, she probably saved the woman's life. I'm amazed that this guy that was shot and tasered at least by 3 officers was able to get up and get into the car. By the way, from the distance from were I was watching, when that concussion grenade went off...shit I had ringing in my ears for a time.

Anyhoo, that was my excitement for the week. Hope I don't ever see that shit again. Still can't help but wonder how the hell this dude got up and walked after 3 seperate tasers to his ass. Just unreal.

I'm sure he deserved it though :P. I had a similar situation with neighbors arguing. Eventually the cops showed up.

I watched the video I linked to above, sure maybe he should have signed the ticket and then went to court to dispute it, but I'm not sure why he should get tased because he didn't sign a piece of paper.

You can see the fear on his face when the cop pulls the taser on him. He's like "WTF?", then zap. He was wanting to have a civil discussion with the cop, but the cop was like "no you didn't!".

::)

• 2 weeks later...

More news on the guy that was tasered at the airport. Cops lied even more saying he was fine afterwards. But the fire department said he had no pulse, and the cops wouldn't take off his handcuffs to let the firemen help him because he was a threat.

http://www.canada.com/topics/news/story.html?id=1e553eb8-ed34-472f-a325-17f8e200f922&k=45241

Several minutes later, firefighters from Richmond, B.C., arrived, and took over Dziekanski's monitoring, said Carr. They requested that the handcuffs be removed, but police denied this because of safety concerns.

Yes because 6 cops can not handle an unarmed unconscious person. He's a real big threat.

link

Utah State Police statement: "We have taken this matter very seriously and have spent many man-hours looking into the allegations. In regards to the case, we have found Trooper Gardner’s actions were lawful and reasonable under the circumstances that he found himself in."

Ok.

Here is the full video of the incident. Different video (incident) than I posted above. It was the video I posted several posts back.

I love how the driver falls backward when tasered, looks to me like he could easily hit his head on the ground.

Hearing Impaired Man Tased by Police

So someone called in a gun threat, the police respond by breaking into his home, find him just out of the shower only wearing a towel, the guy cannot hear, tells the cops that he cant hear the cops so he can not do what they order him to do and of course he is a threat.

Ahh the taser, who wont they tase? We've got deaf, non english speaking, wheelchair, diabetic, speeding ticket, and driving while black. I'm waiting for a blind person to be tased next.

Hearing Impaired Man Tased by Police

So someone called in a gun threat, the police respond by breaking into his home, find him just out of the shower only wearing a towel, the guy cannot hear, tells the cops that he cant hear the cops so he can not do what they order him to do and of course he is a threat.

This is sheer idiocy. These taser things probably make it very easy to use (in aspect of morality and decision-making I mean), because they're "safe" and non-lethal. The shooter is morally relieved from the sense of guilt for using it against humans, and that might make those who use such weapons even more reckless and gung-ho in the future :(

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Yah a bit out of date but an update about the guy tasered and killed at the airport which was released today.

Dziekanski confused and scared, interpreter testifies

"Leave me alone everybody," he said later. "Go away, I said."

Seconds later, four RCMP officers rush into view, prompting Dziekanski to shout, "Police! Police!"

One of the officers was heard asking whether he can use a Taser, and another officer approached Dziekanski and asked how he was doing.

"Leave me alone, leave me alone," Dziekanski said as the officers walk toward him.

Dziekanski's next words translated literally to: "Did you become stupid? Why?

• 3 weeks later...

RCMP officer testifies he feared Dziekanski's combative stance

Yep, I saw the video and the guy looked very threatening. I don't know if 4 fully armed/trained RCMP could handle him.

What if the cops did not have tasers on them? (assume tasers not invented). would they have gotten out billy sticks and beaten him to death?

Rundel is the first of the four officers scheduled to testify over the next two weeks. Crown prosecutors have cleared all four of criminal charges in the death already.

Yah I guess tasering someone 5 times in a couple minutes is normal procedure. If they felt so threatened by him, why did they surround him and get within striking distance as soon as they showed up?

Look at the picture in the article. Looks like a very frightening gesture to me. ::)

The Crown announced in December that none of the Mounties will face criminal charges. The Crown said that while the officers contributed to Dziekanski's death, their use of force was reasonable in the circumstances.

Yeah, right. That was very reasonable to taser someone to death so that he doesn't make any more trouble ever again :P

Horrid.

Stapler could be a weapon, RCMP officer tells Taser inquiry

Sigh. Yes a stapler can be a weapon, but what chance does it have against 4 properly trained RCMP officers with guns/tasers/bullet proof vests?

However, several other civilian witnesses who watched Dziekanski before police arrived have testified they were not afraid of him.

Maybe that is because these witnesses actually tried helping him and observing him instead of walking up to him and immediately tasering him.