TV companies suck

Andrew

We were also watching Heroes last weekend and I didn't like season 4 too much either. First season was great and since then it's going down hill.

Sylar was such a cool character and while he still has some great lines and the Matt/Sylar dynamic was also great. Still I keep watching the show when it's actually not that good anymore and could be so much more.

Haven't watched LOST yet, I'll wait until the end of the season.

• 3 weeks later...

I watched a nice show recently. It's called "How not to live your life" and it's a BBC show. UK comedy almost never disappointed me so far and this show is really worth watching. It's only 2 seasons right now with 6 episodes each. If you haven't seen it yet, give it a try  :)

• 2 weeks later...

Daily show did something completely new tonight.

Jon standing up with blackboards parodying glenn beck for 15 minutes straight.

EDIT:

Viacom Uploaded Clips to YouTube, Then Tried to Hide Its Tracks

So they uploaded copyright infringing videos of their own stuff, and of course complained to google when it gets put up.

Same thing when companies release their music albums, and also tv show pilots to get free attention

For years, Viacom continuously and secretly uploaded its content to YouTube, even while publicly complaining about its presence there. It hired no fewer than 18 different marketing agencies to upload its content to the site. It deliberately "roughed up" the videos to make them look stolen or leaked.

Go to hell Oligopolistic corporations.

Good old viral marketing for consumers to gobble up.

Remember when one of the prequel star wars movies had a pirated print out before release day? It was plastered on the news for several days with analysts etc, and of course the corporation got millions in free advertising. Maybe it was truly pirated, but media corps learned an important lesson about free publicity. More money gained from free publicity than from lost downloads. And if the people are willing to watch a shitty quality cam or print, then it's unlikely they will go to theatre anyway.

EDIT:

And google stole and copyright infringed intentionally to get popular and get bought up.

The Most Damning Information Viacom Dug Up On Google And YouTube

God German TV is bad!  Two TV channels showing the same Ski jump competition (Das Erste and Eurosport).  Watching Family Guy now.  Some of voices sound really wrong, but otherwise more than watchable.

atleast Eurosport two shows Bundesliga!

• 4 weeks later...

Apparently Treme is a new HBO show that is supposed to be awesome. Features lots of familiar actors, several from The Wire etc. John Goodman too.

First episode aired a couple days ago. Already renewed for second season.

Anyone see it yet?

For-my-fans-of-the-wire-sheeeeit-obama-hope-change.jpg

EDIT:

The HBO drama Treme is a powerful glimpse at post-Katrina New Orleans

article about tv show and youtube trailer

Although it's HBO and I know some of the actors and like The Wire I don't think the show is something I like. I don't like "post-Katrina New Orleans" for example because of "juicy funk, jazz and rhythm & blues of New Orleans" and I'd much rather like to see a new show that is more like The Wire or The Sopranos, Dexter or True Blood. I might watch an episode or two anyways and maybe I'm wrong and do like it. We'll see.

TV companies suck because they play what they are payed for:

A couple of hours ago a journalist was so pissed of with corruption that he stated that there were no ads during his program because those who pay for the ads demand 'favors' and he isn't going to succumb.

TV companies suck because they play what they are payed for:

A couple of hours ago a journalist was so pissed of with corruption that he stated that there were no ads during his program because those who pay for the ads demand 'favors' and he isn't going to succumb.

No different than on the web where game companies pay for ads on game websites. And when giving reviews editors can't give bad reviews about any games that are being advertised. So basically all games are rated above 70%, unless of course it sucks and the game makers have no marketing money.

Mahdi, is Justified any good?

I remember The Wire started off slow, but by mid season I was hooked. Only 6 episodes of first season for Treme. So they basically have to get people hooked by then.

The first episode was great - Seth Bullock Vs. Shane Vendrell.

Since then it is still quite entertaining, but the fact that the main character kills at least one bad guy every episode in a quick draw - well, it's very repetitive and stretches the suspension of belief too far.

Still, it's better than a lot of other shows on TV and I have faith it will develop into something quite good, if not nearly as good as the shows it got it's main pro and an tagonists from.

• 4 weeks later...

I wonder - was there anybody who was shocked by last nights "twist" ending on Fringe?  I think most people have been expecting that/waiting for that moment for so long that they really shouldn't have tried to surprise people.  It came off as anti climactic.

I wonder - was there anybody who was shocked by last nights "twist" ending on Fringe?  I think most people have been expecting that/waiting for that moment for so long that they really shouldn't have tried to surprise people.  It came off as anti climactic.

Yah, I was kinda expecting it.

SPOILER for last nights episode

[hide]an evil version of Bishop? Kinda expected after his son was kidnapped by what would appear to be an 'evil' bishop, so it would be payback time for taking him.

Now whether he is some big villain or just works with some to accomplish his goals...[/hide]

• 4 months later...

@ Andrew: have you watched Alias before? If not, then I suggest you stop after season 4. Because season 5 isn't really good and got shortened as well. I wish I had stopped after season 4.

I'm looking forward to watching the latest season of True Blood shortly now that it has aired completely. Also I'm excited about the current season of Mad Men, haven't started watching it and won't until it's complete but season 3 was so great, especially the last episode.

• 3 weeks later...

I really enjoyed the third season a lot. Watched it in 2 days while I was gone a few days and had to travel and stay in a hotel. I really love the characters that are in this show. To be honest, the two main characters are actually the ones I like the least. Everyone else is just great in my opinion. Next up will be Mad Men which should end in 1 or 2 episodes if I remember correctly. Also can't wait for the latest season of Dexter to be aired completely.

• 3 weeks later...

I really want to see Mad Men at some point. It sounds ridiculously good from what I've heard. I'm waiting with bated breath for my friend to "obtain" a copy of the third (fourth?) season of Breaking Bad for me....

Breaking Bad is awesome! i love it :)

House and Breaking Bad are the only tv shows i watch. I loved Boston Legal but it was canceled :( Stupid tv executives!

I also loved a sitcom called Titus, but it was canceled by Fox. And guess what? They also canceled Firefly! If they hadn't, it would definitely be my favourite show of all time.

And Stargate Atlantis was also canceled...

FFS!