TV companies suck

Andrew

The worst joke in the daily show last night was the 9/11 joke. How the writers strike was worse than 9/11 or something. Not many laughed and even Jon shaked his head as it went to commercial.

I wonder if it is true that there is nothing on the teleprompters as stephen colbert alluded to. I wouldn't think that would be true. Doesn't seem possible.

Yea, I kinda cringed when he said that.  I was thinkin "yea, glad that wasn't me who said that".  The rest I thought wasn't bad though.  I was laughing.  Can't remember anymore jokes off the top of my head right now.......I'm still in foggy brain winter break mode.

Was that a "Yeah, I know they're doing reruns, stock jokes, and using scabs to cover the rest" wink, Khan?

IT was more a 'Jon Stewart is obviously strectching himself to the max to fill 30 minutes' wink, but you get the idea.

Actually I kinda like the 9/11 joke, made me laugh anyway.

CBCs The Border (wiki) is a good tv show. Just finished watching the second episode. Has to do with Canadian immigration and customs (I think they made up the department). Death count for the second episode was around 3, and one of them being a protagonist that you would not think they would kill.

Anyone watching Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles?

Good so far. Has that girl from Firefly in it.

I watch the show (Terminator). I'm not sure how they will manage to keep up an exciting story throughout a whole season (or even more) without too many "we have seen this before"-moments for the viewers. The first 2 episodes were good though. I libe the "Firefly-Girl" (Summer Glau)... although she is not really my type I love her eyes  ::)

And hey... JERICHO is back (not really, but the first 3 episodes are available). As far as I can tell now they really have done a good job. The story is very interesting. I really hope although the first episodes have been leaked there will still be enough people watching the show on tv for the ratings.

• 4 weeks later...

It is an alright tv show.

I do not think it fits in with the last movie (it does not take place afterwards if that is what you mean).

Since there is lots of time traveling with the movies etc, it is bound to not make sense with each movie/series.

I think this basically takes place after terminator 2. Or 1. It is kinda on its own. Although the episode last night made direct references to the first terminator movie.

It started in fall 2006. Yep it takes place after several nukes go off throughout the USA. Do not think it is a remake.

It did good in the ratings at first, and then it went on a 3 month break (dec-feb), and then people stopped watching it. Only person to blame is the network for doing the stupid mid-season breaks.

So they created several episodes after it was canceled to wrap up the storyline.

Nope. Futurama was cancelled. They just made some direct to DVD shows last year.

Family guy was cancelled. Then 2 years later after they sold a crazy amount of DVDs they brought it back to tv.

They should have brought back futurama though. I guess the new DVDs will have to do.

Got this from Wikipedia:

When Comedy Central began negotiating for the rights to air Futurama reruns, FOX suggested that there was a possibility of also creating new episodes. Negotiations were already being made with the possibility of creating two or three straight-to-DVD films. When Comedy Central committed to sixteen new episodes, it was decided that four films would be produced.[50] On April 26, 2006, Groening noted in an interview that co-creator David X. Cohen and numerous writers from the original series would be returning to work on the movies.[51] All the original voice actors still take part in the series. In February 2007, Groening explained the format of the new stories: "[The crew is] writing them as movies and then we're going to chop them up, reconfigure them, write new material and try to make them work as separate episodes."[52]

The first movie, Futurama: Bender's Big Score, is written by Ken Keeler and Cohen, and includes return appearances by the Nibblonians, Seymour, Barbados Slim, Robot Santa, the "God" space entity, Al Gore, and Zapp Brannigan.[53] It was animated in widescreen and was released on standard DVD on November 27, 2007, with a high-definition DVD to follow.[54] Futurama: Bender's Big Score was the first DVD release for which 20th Century Fox implemented measures intended to reduce the total carbon footprint of the production, manufacturing and distribution processes. Where it was not possible to completely eliminate carbon output carbon offsets were used. They refer to the changed processes as "carbon neutral".[55]

According to Rich Moore the titles of the other three movies are Futurama: The Beast with a Billion Backs, Futurama: Bender's Game, and Futurama: The Wild Green Yonder.

Also says the films will be remade into 'episodic format'.

@ Dunenewt: the Terminator series fits in with the second movie, not the third... it basically begins with Sarah and John on the run but she also mentions the mental home and they she also meets with dyson's wife.

About Jericho: I think the new episodes are great. I already watched the first 3 episodes (leaked, but as I can't push the american tv rates it doesn't matter that much) and I really hope they continue the very good storyline, because the first 3 episodes were awesome so far.

And Lost is on again... and what a start. I really like the idea of seeing how things go in the future instead of seeing the past for the last 3 seasons and the second episode was just a huuuge bang. very exciting...