TV companies suck

Andrew

wtf just happened on Big Brother?

One girl took an allergic reaction and needed an epipen. While at the same time another girl fainted. The girl that fainted was taken away by ambulance. The other one left as well. But by the end of the show both girls were back and normal...

Interestingly they had played peanuts game earlier, so maybe peanut allergy?

They're gonna milk this for ratings.

you watch crap like that? man, there are so many great tv shows available, how could you possibly watch big brother?  :O

btw I think the topic can be changed to writer's strike sucks... because of them a lot of great shows had a bad season final. prison break for example... the season final was originally planned as the autumn final and the season should continue after that. now they have a disappointing season final and have to continue the story in season 4. the same goes for nip/tuck and many other shows. I don't know what took them so long to finally agree on the new conditions. seriously, writers are the heart of any good show, without good stories the best directors and artists are woth nothing. so why the heck did they need 14 weeks to settle things and met an agreement?

I just finished watching it. what an awesome episode  :O

I was afraid desmond might die... this would have been really bad because he is one of my favourite characters (locke and sawyer being the other two favourite ones). I just love his accent and his "brother-talk"  ;D

• 4 weeks later...

Jericho ending was ok.

Canada's Next Great Prime Minister - CBC is offering this show free of charge on the internet via bit torrent. No DRM.

Specs: 545 MB Xvid AVI at 720x486

They hosted the file on mininova! they also recommend using VLC media player to play the file! Sadly they do not recommend utorrent (just azureas and miro).

Please support this legally free bittorrent media. There are no advertisements either.

Although it would have been cooler if they used H264 codec for both, the filesize could have been much smaller (or quality much better). They also offer a mobile version to download

Specs: 280 MB H.264 MPEG-4 at 320x240

If I could download torrents I would be seeding the crap out of it. It already has a good seed/leech ratio of 249 seeds, 18 leechers.

I hope more companies do this (other than the "pirated" copies of shows they already provide). There are no distribution costs. Also anyone in the world can download this video, unlike videos hosted on most broadcasters websites (USA only). And they are also extremely poor quality.

Finally they managed to finish Jericho in a satisfying was. A bit too much patriotism and romance scenes but still good. I wonder if they will make another season. I have no idea if the ratings were good or if they just made 7 good episodes to stop all the people sending them nuts  ;D

• 2 months later...

I had to quit watching "Lost" because once you miss an episode, you're... lost. I couldn't make sense of the plot, so the last episode I saw was when the French woman was killed (can't remember her "Lost" character's name, but she was Delenn on Babylon 5).

Jericho is another program I didn't stick with. I suppose it makes more sense to an American audience; I just didn't find it very interesting.

I really miss "Whose Line is it Anyway?" There were times when I'd literally fall off my chair, giggling hysterically at the antics of Colin Mochrie and Wayne Brady. And I loved hearing Wayne Brady sing -- he's got a good voice.

Any "Royal Canadian Air Farce" fans here? It's been cancelled. There will be a very short season this coming fall, with their annual New Years Eve show as the finale. I suppose it's not too surprising about this show; the original cast members are getting on in years. The show lost a lot of its appeal after John Morgan ("Mike from Canmore") died.

I've seen most of "The Sarah Connor Chronicles." It's okay for light entertainment, but I don't consider it to be anything remotely canon-worthy. There's too much messing with the movie canon and the time-hopping is just silly. The popular opinion I've noticed on SF boards is that the authentic Terminator series consists of the first two movies. So, to borrow a phrase: "There can be only two!"

But to get back to the original question of this thread: the one series I am still angry about being cancelled -- TEN YEARS LATER -- is "The Crow: Stairway to Heaven." I absolutely loved that series, and it inspired me to write several binders' worth of poetry and fanfic. When they filmed the season finale, they thought they were picked up for a second season -- so the storyline ended on an almost literal cliffhanger. But BOOM! One company bought another company, which decided that gothic fantasy wasn't profitable enough, so they cancelled it. And now the fans will never know what was intended to happen.

I also miss "Highlander: The Raven" -- because that also had a cliffhanger season finale.

Stephen Harper? :P

Also the taser. They say it is non lethal but lots of people are dieing after being hit by it.

Stephen Dion. Because he is too chicken to call an election. :D

But no one wants an election so just waiting for the term to be over or for conservatives to screw up badly enough for a guaranteed win is what the libs are waiting for.

Those are all good choices. :) But I would add the entire Alberta cabinet. Our new premier is following in Uncle Ralph's footsteps nicely -- he gives money and perks to his friends and doesn't do anything for anyone else. Then he pleads extreme poverty and says the marketplace will sort things out. In the meantime, the utility company told me that "the government doesn't consider natural gas to be essential." Well, it damn well is when one's furnace and hot water heater run on natural gas and they quit working!

Actually, the Chicken Cannon is too good for them.

Ahh, I remember when Ralph got rid of the debt, but it was at the cost of demolishing hospitals and stuff according to the media.

But Albertans still gets provincial government (oil profit) cheques don't they? ::)

And the government giving money and perks to friends happens on PEI as well. We are extremely patronage with the two parties and they are constantly giving money to friends and wasting money giving it to corporations that end up bankrupt. Like recently the pork plant went bankrupt, the government had put millions into it, and about 5 chairpersons (executives from Quebec that oversee it), got paid $500,000 each year to do nothing. No wonder the plant went bankrupt when your paying 5 people $100,000 each to do nothing. We currently have a problem with the beef plant which is the only federally certified plant east of Quebec. It's bleeding money, but they are trying to fix it. Apparently a beef plant on PEI can't compete with imported meat from South America...

About high price of heating oil, definitely check out Office of Energy Efficiency. Make your house more weather proof and get money from the government.

There were lots of problems this winter with people not being able to afford to heat their homes (people looking for assistance probably doubled over previous year). If they don't save money this summer they are gonna be screwed this winter.

Thanks, I'll look into that.

As for

But Albertans still gets provincial government (oil profit) cheques don't they?

Wherever did that mistaken impression come from?  ??? We got "Ralph Bucks" a grand total of once. It was done to appease the voters, when Ralph's popularity was seriously slipping. A lot of rich elitists were opposed, saying they'd like to see the money put to better use. Well, my "Ralph Bucks" got put toward 3 months' worth of telephone bills, property taxes, and ONE paperback novel. I think I might have had enough leftover change for a stamp and a phone call from a public telephone (it's 35 cents here for a payphone). And the people who needed the money most of all were cheated because they didn't have recognized, approved mailing addresses. The "Alberta Advantage" is pretty much a myth for the people who are any further down than "extremely high upper middle class" on the financial totem pole.

Yes, there were hospitals that were blown up. Then they built others. But in the meantime they'd fired a lot of nurses, so there weren't (and still aren't) enough doctors and nurses to actually staff the new hospitals. I had the pleasure of telling Stockwell Day off about that, back when he was still in Alberta politics and running in the last election he won before going federal. He got all mealymouthed, saying how they were planning to fix things, and I told him, that doesn't help the current graduating class of nurses at Red Deer College, some of whom are going as far away as Arizona and Ireland to find jobs!

Shame about your industries going to hades because the money goes to paying useless politicians' friends.  :(

We need a Really Huge Chicken Cannon... that little thing on "Air Farce" just isn't big enough!  ;)