TV companies suck

Andrew

I have heard completly different.  Although I am not a BSG watcher, I have been told by those who are that the ending is a completly and utter load of tosh.

On the other hand, this weeks Lost was awesome.

I mean like the real ending, just the last few scenes, 1-2 minutes. the 20 minutes before that ware kinda boring.

Terminator is off now too. It was a rather unsatisfying ending for a season with many boring and only a few really good episodes. They really could have done a lot more with this show.

I thought terminator ending was pretty good. Although they definitely changed the direction over the last 5 episodes, and season 3 should be completely different. I'm not sure how it will work out.

EDIT:

Heroes episode was boooooring tonight. But I'm glad they got explaining company's formation/history in one episode. Now they can go back to good stuff. Although from what I can tell there are conflicts with the history in this episode as has been previously discussed.

I didn't like the last Terminator episode very much. It was ok, but just not satisfying enough and even more unsatisfying for a show final.

@ Andrew: this was probably the last Terminator episode and there will be no season 3. It's not sure yet but ~95%.

And yes, Heroes was absolutely boring. It's so sad... this show was one of my favourites during season 1 and now it seems almost like a waste of time. But at least Prison Break continues this week and I'm really looking forward to that.

I somehow managed to watch all 7 seasons of Malcolm In The Middle over the last few weeks and had a really good laugh with it.

• 3 weeks later...

I disliked the Heroes finale... I don't know if I'll watch new episodes if there will be some.

Over the last 2 weeks I managed to watch all 5 seasons of "The Wire". It was great... getting along with the streetslang was a tough challenge though and I sure didn't get everything but all in all I got along quite well and really enjoyed the characters.

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday evening I started watching LOST season 5 (I managed to wait until the final episode before I started watching) and instead of watching just 2-3 episodes I watched the whole season until 9 a.m. today  ;D

Wow... this was an absolutely awesome season and I really liked every episode. I always like lost very much but this season was above all my expectations and I can only hope they'll keep up the good writing for the last season.

I think it was the best season of all. Of course such a great season is only possible with previous seasons (storylines and character developments). So a comparison to season 1 would be "unfair" in a way because that season had to build the basics for all folowing episodes. I really enjoyed the time switches and connections between events and persons (like Jin meeting Danielle) and the deeper insights into characters like Charles Widmore and the "Dharma Video Guy" (although I already saw it coming because of the baby scene at his house and later when the "timeshifting-gang" talked about the nosebleedings and side effects possibly being related to the duration people have been staying on the island and it was obvious that Miles had been there before too). It was just an epic season - that's why I kept watching all night and couldn't stop until the very last minute of episode 17  ::)

It was just an epic season - that's why I kept watching all night and couldn't stop until the very last minute of episode 17  ::)

You did see the last minute, correct?

Biggest cliffhanger ever!?

I watched all of season 1 within a week many years ago (after season 2 finale). So if I watched this season all in same time period, I might find this season better.

Next season is last season, so will probably be very good.

Yes it was... but then again: which season didn't have a big cliffhanger at the end? But you're right, this one was probably the biggest.

SPOILER

[hide]Although I'm even more interested in the Jacob and Double-Locke story than in the very last scene down.[/hide]

Ya did that... maybe we should just start making separate threads about various shows and put a big spoiler warning in the title and everybody reading the thread should either be up to date to the last aired episode or skip the thread. I know it's handled this way in a few forums when people talk about tv shows.

I just watched the last 6 episodes of Prison Break and I'm a bit disappointed. I really liked the show although and although I think it should have ended with season 2 the following season was quite interesting. Very unsatisfying though because of the hard cut due to the writer's strike back then but still an ok season... As season 4 started I was really excited and the season was really good until the winter break.

WARNING SPOILERS

[hide]the last few episodes just had too many twists and a lot of flaws like travelling distances from L.A. to Miami (even with a private jet) or Sucre from Chigaco to Miami, everybody reaching everybody constantly via cellphone, agents kicking self's ass, the henchmen of michael's mum being literally everywhere at the same time, the perfect setup at the hotel which seemed to have included being captured and escaping at the exact moment of the phone call... - sure Prison Break had a lot of "too perfect to be true" scenes in each season... but this was just too much at once in my opinion.

I didn't bother about the very ending that much (in fact it would be too happy without the way it did end). I just think they should have made a better end without old characters involved like sucre (although I really liked that guy since season 1) and kellerman... just let the guys kill that bitch of a mother, lincoln shooting the general, sarah beating the crap out of t-bag and destroying scylla or something like that. Maybe too much violence for the "good guys" but they could also have done something else than my suggestion as long as it had been more credible than the actual last episodes. I don't rate the last episodes all bad but they really could have done better)[/hide]

Scrubs was renewed for another season.

I don't watch it.

Dollhouse was renewed somewhat.

Terminator was cancelled. Although I'm not sure why they didn't wait until after the movie, because if the movie makes lots of money, it could drive new audience members to the tv show (and DVDs).

Last season of scrubs was great. I also watched season 5 of The Office now... had some good laughs but still the german version is just way better and I hope the new season is coming soon (it's an insurance company, not paper and the characters are also a bit different but it's still inspired by the bbc original. the boss is just such a great actor and his lines are so great - unfortunately a lot of them wouldn't be any good if you translated them into english).

So now I still have 24 and Desperate Housewives. Also I've got Fringe and Torchwood waiting but as I never have seen anything of these shows they might just end for me after a few episodes if I don't like them. May really seems to be my "TV Shows month".

• 3 weeks later...

I watched 24's seventh season this weekend and I really liked it. Finally a season which was worth watching again. The first good season since season 3 in my opinion. Of course some things were still a bit over the top and not everything was credible but it was thrilling and entertaining. Didn't like the cliffhangerlike endings of various storylines though. SPOILER [hide] and I think it would have been fun if Tony's plan had succeeded and the bomb on Jack had exploded taking Alan Wilson with him - but I think you can't make Jack Bauer look like a suicide bomber and end a show like that... unfortunately  ::) [/hide]

• 2 weeks later...

Watched season 1 and 2 of "The Big Bang Theory". I haven't had such a good laugh with any tv show for a very long time. The show is just awesome. If you haven't seen it yet you should really do so.

• 1 month later...

I've been busy with some shows and over the last couple of weeks I watched the following shows:

- Fringe (S01)

- Torchwood (S01 - S03)

- Numb3rs (S01 - S05)

- How I Met Your Mother (S01 - S04)

- True Blood (S01)

Fringe was ok but nothing great. I don't think another season will be a must-see.

Torchwood is pretty funny. The whole setup is so overdrawn and unrealistic that it's good. Unlike Fringe which tries to put up a serious face to some absurd storylines, Torchwood doesn't take itself too serious. I also like british accents and the cast was pretty good.

I really loved Numb3rs! Great show, great cases (most of them anyway), great cast and although there are obviously doubtful solutions to some problems it still manages to be a very entertaining show and it gave me some inspiration about my work (which isn't math but has to do with lots of data, information, patterns...). I watched all 5 seasons in no time...

How I met your mother was... totally legen... wait for it ...dary  ;) There are so many great dialogues, the characters are great and quite consistent for the most part and I had a really good time and a lot of big laughs while watching the show.

Last but not least... True Blood. I have mixed feelings about this. On the one hand the background story itself is interesting and it has a very unique flair. I like the places where everything takes place (not the usual NY or LA stuff), the folks that live around that area and most of the characters, especially Tara. On the other hand I don't like Stephen Moyer very much and there's no real story so far. Things are happening but I'm missing some kind of a deeper storyline. I haven't started watching season 2 yet but I'll watch it when it's ended.

I don't know if anyone watched the highlights programme for the Football League on the BBC on Saturday night, but for some reason it cut to a scene from some drama of a woman sat on the toilet half way through one of the games.  Definitely worthy of the face palm.

picard-facepalm.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Finished all 6 seasons of "The Sopranos" now. Now I don't have anything else to watch until some of the currently running seasons have ended. But I don't have any shows left that I haven't seen before and need to watch 4, 5 or 6 seasons  ;D

• 4 weeks later...

So I finished watching the last episodes of "Eureka" since the intermission last week and over the few days I have been watching the second season of "True Blood". True Blood was pretty good. It started off a bit slowly but I really enjoyed it after the first 3-4 episodes. Especially Alexander Skarsg

• 4 months later...

This season of Lost: Awesome. latest episode has a ZOMGWTF climax that is going to force me to wiki previous seasons to see how possible.

Heroes: ok, they finally jumped the shark, but probably needed to in order to try to get ratings next season.

Seriously when will hiro become the badass ninja? Or was that an alternate future and he'll always be some lame hero. Sylar: they still can't make up their minds about him, still constantly switching sides. It's stupid. Why can't there be a first season Sylar anymore? Someone who slices brains and has no pointless dialogue. I'm still confused by what powers he is supposed to have and why they arn't used more to his advantage. Also why doesn't Peter just absorb his powers (instead of only having one)? argh.

HRG/daughter storyline is same shit every year. That should have been solved second season. Heck even last season. But nooo same crap to waste time.

It could be such a good tv show but they really want it to be crap. It's as if there is a certain formula they have to follow no matter what.

EDIT: so I go to wikipedia to look up lost info, and by the end of it I'm at UK Christmas #1 songs list...