Where do you want to go?

Mihail

Have you been watching Babel a little too many times? :P Not all Japanese girls are that cheap and willing.

You're just like me, Acriku, I'm very interested in Japan. To the point where I actually thought moving there for a little could be fun. I also want to learn Japanese.

Seems to be something of a popular destination, Japan. I'd like to go there for a while as well. The Japanese language looks to be something of a hurdle (I was never that good with languages anyway, and this one is very different from those I had to study), but I should make the effort if opportunity ever comes knocking.

Will probably end up telling people that their violet explosion has a mitten lunch pool yesterday...

Have you been watching Babel a little too many times? :P Not all Japanese girls are that cheap and willing.

You're just like me, Acriku, I'm very interested in Japan. To the point where I actually thought moving there for a little could be fun. I also want to learn Japanese.

Actually never saw Babel, but heard it was very good. As far as learning the language, I understand the sentence structure and some vocabulary. Such as: Boku wa America-jin desu. Nihon-jin desu-ka? I bought a Berlitz book on Japanese, so we'll see how it goes.

Not sure what your violet explosion stands to mean, DanteĀ  :P

I think veK is an Italian soul that was mistakenly born as a German. ;)

I don't really like to travel. But I want to see Moscow and Le... I mean St. Petersburg some day. I'd also like to visit most of France. And the rest of Europe that I haven't been to (which is a lot). Other than that... Cuba, definitely. And that's about it.

Hey veK, do you sometimes find yourself wondering why you don't look like Ricky Martin, when in fact you feel just like him inside? Do your feet cry out for a samba while you shuffle to work? You latino freak :P

If I do travel, it'd be away from depressing areas like Zimbabwe, Bratislava, Romania, and other various depressing places. If I feel like feeling pity for a whole country, then I'll definitely go to Romania.

Get yourself to England Edric and see yourself first hand what life can offer in a liberal educated enviroment.

Actually, I've already lived in England for 6 months, and I am currently living in the United States. Check the flag next to my name on the Who's Online page.

If I do travel, it'd be away from depressing areas like Zimbabwe, Bratislava, Romania, and other various depressing places. If I feel like feeling pity for a whole country, then I'll definitely go to Romania.

Come now, Acriku, you can do better than that. You're trying to get me - probably the most anti-nationalist member of Fed2k - angry by appealing to national pride? ;)

Culturally? I'm notoriously bad at judging cultural differences (they all look the same to me), but I'll give it a try. First, I love your food. No, really, I do. I know people say it's the most tasteless food in the world (which it probably is), but that's precisely how I like my food. Oh, and I like both fish and chips, though not together, oddly enough. I really enjoyed the fact that I could practically use bookstores as public libraries. On the negative side, England struck me as rather... what's a milder version of "xenophobic"? But I could often pass myself as a Brit when I wanted to, so that wasn't too bad. And a few other random memories: English people seem to care a whole lot more about fashions and fads than Romanians; I've never seen so many tabloids in my life, though Romania is catching up; to my shame I never actually went to an English pub, but I understand that they are important; you seem to have very large numbers of Bed & Breakfast lodgings; the British hatred of the EU knows no bounds; Tony Blair's ability to blatantly ignore the public voice also knows no bounds; the Brits actually ride bikes (as opposed to Romanians, who like only things with engines); and there is an environmental consciousness (whereas in Romania everyone agrees that someone else should do something about the environment).

Would it deliver the point to say that compared to America, the English are more bland in fashion than dry fish without the cocktail sauce? If tabloids are an annoyance, consider (if only to annoy you further) that most people (namely women) would buy People and US Weekly together while both profess the same pictures and accusing/informative headlines on the cover and feature the same articles.. It's a mad world.

While I admit that the shot at Romania was another futile attempt to anger the forum communist, I do intend to pass your country right on by in my Europe Tour '09. Perhaps we can meet for a beer in the slightly more appealing country of Bulgaria and share heart-warming tales of the Bulgarian Empires in history?

While I admit that the shot at Romania was another futile attempt to anger the forum communist, I do intend to pass your country right on by in my Europe Tour '09. Perhaps we can meet for a beer in the slightly more appealing country of Bulgaria and share heart-warming tales of the Bulgarian Empires in history?

What about stopping beside Slovakia and sharing bile-warming tales of Great Moravia? We don't have the worst beer as well, altough the wine isn't so good as in Bulgary...

I'd love to, though I can't promise that I'll be anywhere near Romania in '09. I'm graduating from university that year, which means I could end up literally anywhere in Europe or North America for graduate school. I might spend the summer at home. Then again, I might not. But hey, if you're taking a grand tour of Europe, chances are you'll pass somewhat close to where I am at some point. :)

Hey veK, do you sometimes find yourself wondering why you don't look like Ricky Martin, when in fact you feel just like him inside? Do your feet cry out for a samba while you shuffle to work? You latino freak :P

1. I look much better than Ricky MartinĀ  :)

2. No my feet don't cry out for samba - but for drum'n'bass, progressive, tech-trance & sometimes for some hardrockin kick-ass metal & crossover

3. yes I am a latino freak I guess. I just like the people in those countries and most of all the womenĀ  ;D

England struck me as rather... what's a milder version of "xenophobic"?

Intolerant? That seems to be how we often refer to ourselves, it's much more amiable than the 'R' word.

But hey you were in england and you didn't come visit some forumites??

I've noticed that the Eastern(central) Europeans that i work with find the pub culture quite weird, although for the most part they get into it.

They generally prefer to invite groups round for meals and beers, whereas we do the pub thing, i think i could list on one hand the number of work colleagues I've brought home for meals or BBQs, but they do the open house thing all the time...... maybe this will become more prevailate here once the smoking ban kicks in.

As too that bland food comment, i personally believe that's a fallacy, half the time we eat and cook foreign food, and traditional English food can be very tasty if home made, it just the eat out, prepacked rubbish that tastes like cardboard.