Do me this dignity, a final word

"Chrisitans have been called morons, idiots, you name it on this board"

The reason for the simple ban, as opposed to a warning, was as follows:

- Emprworm has been warned to keep things civil often enough in the past, including at least one IM pertaining to discriminatory remarks. His attitude to warnings? "I am going to continue to post as usual until I am formally punished." So no, I don't think another warning would be in the least bit effective.

- The phrase "Muslim animals" does not merely criticise muslims' judgement nor question their morality, but implies that they are not even fit to be considered human. That's going into entirely different territory.

- The phrase "Muslim animals" (among others) did not refer to a particular muslim or group thereof, but classified each an every living, breathing muslim as an "animal". This is plain and simple prejudice.

Now, if Emprworm wants to criticise Osama bin Laden or indeed any other muslim, that's fine. If Emprworm wishes to condemn the teachings of the Qu'ran, then pick a Surah. Meanwhile, if anyone here decides to tell us just why they think all christians/americans/diabetics should be treated with the same dignity and respect as livestock, they too will have the privelege of seeing the message "Blatant bigotry" on their screen.

bigot

noun {C} DISAPPROVING

a person who has strong, unreasonable beliefs and who thinks that anyone who does not have the same beliefs is wrong:

- a religious bigot

- He was known to be a loud-mouthed, opinionated bigot.

bigoted

adjective DISAPPROVING

- She's so bigoted that she refuses to accept anyone who doesn't think like her.

bigotry

noun {U} DISAPPROVING

- religious/racial bigotry

Just so we all know where we stand, Edric, Guns, Acriku to name but a few have all lived on the edge of these definitions. So beware and remember a gap of 3 years does not entitle you to a repeat warning for those old infractions.

Damnit, I'm being corrected on my vocabulary. The meaning I was looking for was 'person who employs prejudicial malice'. But you're quite right, a number of other people, in my opinion (inluding the three you name), have been close to one-day bans (and might even have got them if the one-day-ban was in force in previous times).

I also forgot to acknowledge the correct criticism that I did not make it clear to Empr that the ban was temporary: I had assumed the block message would have informed Empr. And I'll second the "a gap of 3 years does not entitle you to a repeat warning".

BTW, the religion of peace has killed a nun and burnt some churches down. But it is the Popes fault for quoting someone from the 14 century. Cause everyone knows the religion of peace is not responsible for any of their actions.

That's the one thing I don't think I will ever understand. Someone says "Muslims are terrorists!", and then some Muslims go and terrorize in response to this statement all the while saying they are peaceful (or at least the bad ones go killing others, and the peaceful ones say they are peaceful while not doing anything about the bad ones).

And if anyone thinks I am bashing a certain religion, I am not.

Film Shows Youths Training to Fight for Jesus

Speaking in tongues, weeping for salvation, praying for an end to abortion and worshipping a picture of President Bush

BTW, the religion of peace has killed a nun and burnt some churches down.

Wrong, its some complete stupid nuts who dont understand their religion who have done that. Just as the people who had done 911 were deluded.

If I go out there and kill someone in the name of Jesus, does that make Christianity a violent religion ? Or does that make a complete prick ?

That's the one thing I don't think I will ever understand. Someone says "Muslims are terrorists!", and then some Muslims go and terrorize in response to this statement

Agreed.

Wrong, its some complete stupid nuts who dont understand their religion who have done that. Just as the people who had done 911 were deluded.

Well Nunu I gottta disagree with you on this one. In all the years I have been reading the news about this Issue, RECENTLTY coined RADICAL Islam, I have never read one article where some of the people in some town  in the Middle East got together and said "You know, this Imam Is totally out of his Friggin Mind" and strung him up for the good of the community, so none of THEIR OWN CHILDREN would sacrifice themselves for the beliefs of some old fool.

There is such a thing as Guilt by Omission. You have to wonder about the motives of the masses who stand by and do nothing, While beating their breasts and proclaiming that it's just a few misguided radicals.

I haven't read the article yet, But I got a HUNDRED bucks that says that whoever Popped the Nun and burnt down the church in response to the Pope's WORDS, wasn't some sleeper cell waiting for word from Osama to jump into action. You want to take me up on it?

You see, I think your contradicting yourself, look at these words "and then SOME Muslims" in the quote above, that you agree with. It's not "some sleeper cell"

How will he even know his ban is over?, if he never got told it was a one day ban or a seven day for his seconded account! And his comment on his site implies that he thinks he is banned for good or will the mod who banned him be contacting him to tell him he can come back?

Religious fanatics kill not religions, Islam does seem to attract a lot of them though.

I was remember the story my old Iranian boss Jerry told me about the the Iman, the kids and the minefield during the Iran-Iraq war,believe i posted that before in a thread, scary stuff, that level of fanaticism.

How will he even know his ban is over?, if he never got told it was a one day ban or a seven day for his seconded account! And his comment on his site implies that he thinks he is banned for good or will the mod who banned him be contacting him to tell him he can come back?

Religious fanatics kill not religions, Islam does seem to attract a lot of them though.

I was remember the story my old Iranian boss Jerry told me about the the Iman, the kids and the minefield during the Iran-Iraq war,believe i posted that before in a thread, scary stuff, that level of fanaticism.

If we were living in the middle ages, and were pagan, we'd be calling Christians terrorists or just plain violent folk. It's all about perspective.

@Voodoo, its the same bunch of idiots. How the hell they can think they are upholding a religion thats says even in times of war you do not kill non-combatants by kill a totally harmless nun, I dont know, but you shurely cannot blame the religion for that.

I see no contradiction in what I said above.

I don't blame their religion, I blame ALL of their complacency to what their fellow Muslims do in the name of their religion. You can only beat your breast and say "It's not me! It was my neighbor from down the street" for so long. Mark my words, If they don't start to police themselves, to reign in their radical elements, there is going to come a time when the rest of the world decides they've had enough of their shit.

"If we were living in the middle ages, and were pagan, we'd be calling Christians terrorists or just plain violent folk. It's all about perspective."

But we are not living in the middle ages and the men who carried out the London bombings were not uneducated or from the third world.

My perspective is that many in the muslim community do not openly condem and critises these act of terror, in fact as was seen recently with the cartoon fiasco and the pope situation many supposedly moderate muslims were out in force burning images and calling for the death of the infidels.

To me this hardly show Isalm as a caring, peaceful religon. Islasm does not tolerate other religons or other beliefs, hence why they put their religon before anything else including the law of the land.

Ok, mod hat off.

"My perspective is that many in the muslim community do not openly condem and critises these act of terror"

First: Yes, they do. http://www.mcb.org.uk/media/pr/110901.htm and many other MCB statements.

Second: Though the vast majority of muslims do condemn violence, the media isn't going to go round and interview every muslim in the country to prove it.

Third: I would not expect them to have to walk around saying "I'm muslim, but I don't support Al-Qaeda", any more than we should expect Irish Catholics to introduce themselves as "An Irish Catholic who doesn't support the IRA". Just because you don't go around cataloguing every atrocity in history you're opposed to doesn't mean you wouldn't condemn them.

As to "policing themselves", would you call on the black community or the sandal-and-sock-wearing community to 'police themselves or fear the repercussions'? No, because that would be silly.

Yes, my mistake all islamic comunities are reasonable and restrained it is only the very small minority that promote any form of violence and intolerance.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/180067.stm

Bet he is happy that the minority nation have become more tolerant of freedom of speech.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/5346480.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/in_pictures/4682870.stm

No overreactions there, total peaceful and friendly protest.

Oh and Nema Fakei with Mod hat on you didn't answer my question about how emperorworm will know his ban is over?

How can they police themselves ? As much as we can police our phedophiles ?

How do they police them ? Condemnation is there, whether it is reported is another matter. Whats more news worthy ? A youth jumping up and down shouting death to bush or a person talking about how sorry they are that someone carried out such an act in the name of their religion ?

Andrew, yes it is scary, and I want to see the film badly.  However it isn't opening within a hundred miles of here.

And ABC is a bit off, from other reviews I've read they aren't worshipping Bush, they're praying before the cutout that he'll appoint Pro-Life judges. 

http://www.jesuscampmovie.com  3 trailers in the Videos section if you want to see more of the film.  And now that I've suitably promoted the film as I've been promoting it anywhere that will listen...on to what everyone else is discussing.

As for Muslims condemning terror, here's one example from the Council on American-Islamic Relations from when two Fox News journalists were being held in Gaza:

http://www.cair-net.org/default.asp?Page=articleView&id=2254&theType=NR