Say what you feel!

I am going to one up you Edric. Instead of rehashing all of the old debates we have, why not bring up our own biggoted beliefs and feelings and condense them into a powerful soup of controversy. Why put them in pretty words?

Ill say something first.

I am pretty sick of France. It reminds me a lot of the Sundance Film Festival these days. It covers itself in a very arty veneer, but underneath it is so trite and phony that it makes a person sick.

On top of this, It seems to me that most french commoners feel extremely disconnected with the elite upper class. In fact it seems like one of the more class oriented countries I have seen, when speaking about an upper avant garde sector of people.

The French in the past two hundred years have been culture whores. there, I said it.

Does revisionist history carry double standards with it? Should we judge history, recent and long ago, with our ideals now? I dont believe so. What do you guys think?
from here

Change of character TMA?

If you want me to say how I feel, I think Christians are elitist hypocrits. That's the tendency nowadays.

All of humanity are elitist hypocrits (i never met a humble non-believer who never contradicted himself).  All humanity is inherently evil and corrupt (hence the need for salvation)... if you think you are good you're a fool.  People are fooling themselves.. thats the tendency nowadays.  You dont have to teach a child how to lie... its natural for them... you actually have to teach them to tell the truth.  Children at the age of "2" start saying "mine, mine mine"  so selfishness and elitism is natural as well.  Also most of humanity are fools... so it would be expected that most people couldnt understand christianity well enough to follow it corrrectly.  Also most of humanity is weak... so it would be understandable that most people dont possess the determination to follow christianity.  And finally, most people are lacking in perception... so it would be understandable that anyone who would follow the faith correctly would be ignored by critics.

Its funny that all these "Say something controversial"  or "say how you feel" threads are popping up.  Cuz i always say controversial stuff and i always say what i feel.  Might as well call the threads  "Post like Gunwounds"

Regards,

Gunwounds

All of humanity are elitist hypocrits (i never met a humble non-believer who never contradicted himself).  All humanity is inherently evil and corrupt (hence the need for salvation)

Hence the calling of Christians elitist.
... if you think you are good you're a fool.  People are fooling themselves.. thats the tendency nowadays.

Why? If I say I am good, what makes me wrong? Sure we may have tendencies, but the very act of denying those tendencies reality shows us that we are more good than evil.

You dont have to teach a child how to lie... its natural for them... you actually have to teach them to tell the truth.  Children at the age of "2" start saying "mine, mine mine"  so selfishness and elitism is natural as well.
In developmental psychology, yes. But babies grow up and develop moral systems. Why would they do this if we were all evil?
Also most of humanity are fools... so it would be expected that most people couldnt understand christianity well enough to follow it corrrectly.
Most people? I guarantee you no one can follow Christianity correctly (if not solely for the fact that there is no agreement on the correct followership of Christianity).
Also most of humanity is weak... so it would be understandable that most people dont possess the determination to follow christianity.
And so the followers of Christianity are the strong. Ha, you give me the gigglys.
And finally, most people are lacking in perception... so it would be understandable that anyone who would follow the faith correctly would be ignored by critics.
If I'm ignoring them, then bring them to light. You won't find them in America, in any case. Find me a Christian who gave up all of his belongings, especially in America, and followed the bible to the T.

The title is "SAY WHAT YOU FEEL!", right? No poitics, controversy, religion in there.

Someone said he wanted debates and passion.

Well... right now I feel rage. Against myself for letting an opportunity slip through my fingers. I though I had more time. But there is never enough time.

So, this is the moment I curse my life, and feel cold sweat.

And I try to pull myself toghether, analyse the situation, and learn something from it.

Pretty simple, huh? Well, it's not. I feel like killing. I think there's no blood running through my veins, but adrenaline. I reched the point when my own existance has no meaning, no purpose.

Analyse this, ok?

You will be amased when your petty human conditioning and your instincs, when put in motion, will overrun all logic, self-control, and perception. All politics, religions, indeologies fade in the face of our own wishes and needs.

We might be able to put our humanity aside and erase these personal needs, personal wishes from our behaviour, but then I ask you, IS IT WORTH IT BECOMING A LIVING MACHINE, sacrificing your humanity for a "higher" purpose? Is any one permitted to ask such from someone?

Discuss that! Discuss what you are willing to sacrifice for your beliefs, and when your beliefs will have no solid ground to stand in the face of your sacrificies.

I am going to one up you Edric. Instead of rehashing all of the old debates we have, why not bring up our own biggoted beliefs and feelings and condense them into a powerful soup of controversy. Why put them in pretty words?

Ill say something first.

I am pretty sick of France. It reminds me a lot of the Sundance Film Festival these days. It covers itself in a very arty veneer, but underneath it is so trite and phony that it makes a person sick.

On top of this, It seems to me that most french commoners feel extremely disconnected with the elite upper class. In fact it seems like one of the more class oriented countries I have seen, when speaking about an upper avant garde sector of people.

The French in the past two hundred years have been culture whores. there, I said it.

Ah so typically American.  Read up on the French Revolution.

I think Bill Clinton is a hypcrite

instead of supporting the freedom of speach and press he condemns a danish newspaper for showing 12 drawings of the moslem prophet Mohammed.

Strange that this should come from a man who have been in power of a country that still have the death penalty, still uses torture and a country that Denmark has been supporting (with limited means but Denmark is a small country)

I'm not saying this to mock any americans - I just feel a dagger in my back!

Oh yeah, I remember reading about those Muhammed comics.

If the drawings had been about Jesus, there would have been no such outcry. A minority of staunch christians would have complained, and they would have been ridiculed. It pisses me off.

Consistency is a b1tch  ::)

Oh yeah, I remember reading about those Muhammed comics.

If the drawings had been about Jesus, there would have been no such outcry. A minority of staunch christians would have complained, and they would have been ridiculed. It pisses me off.

Consistency is a b1tch  ::)

Simply explaining about the consistancy, which is what you were pointing out. There is the explanation. You are right. It doesnt change the fact we live in a democracy.  ;)

Erjin: muslims can be expected to treated the same way we treat everyone else, and that means their religious figures are not excempt from mockery or criticism. While deliberately doing it in a way that's offensive to them is bad taste, they should be free to do so.

Also...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/4664408.stm

This is a lot more serious then I first thought it was...

I applaud the Danish government for keeping itself from interfering thus far.

You dont seem to understand what I am saying. Muslims reacted like they did becuase for them its a bigger deal.

it doesn't matter erjin - they can't get an apology from our PM as he has nothing to do with this matter - but they can't understand that - I don't give a flying shit about their boycut! I hope that Fogh Rasmussen will keep his stance and fight for freedom of speech and press!

I see that Bill Clinton isn't speaking for the rest of the states - thank goodness there's still people who believe in democracy and wont stand for the pressure of the moslem regimes.

And another thing Erjin - most of the pictures that the danish imams have been showing to the middle eastern countries were never in the paper - there were 12 and only 12 - but they weren't bad enough so the lying SOB's made up their own! now who is commiting hieracy?

i always say controversial stuff and i always say what i feel.  Might as well call the threads  "Post like Gunwounds"

Yeah you're the only person to do that aren't you... Not that I remember many controversial things coming from you.

it looks like you guys are not saying how you feel. Instead you guys are discussing how you feel about what other people are saying on this thread. This isnt a place for debate. Do not question what others say in here! just tell everyone how you feel on a specific issue. It isnt right or wrong, just spill your guts! :)

I dont like how homosexuality is such a fad these days. Homosexual pride is now something that is fashionable. Shows like WIll and Grace, and Queer Eye just make the homosexual community look like a bunch of cavorting children. Groups like Glaad applaud shows like these but in all honestly groups like Glaad are supporting fads and trends that dont lend any sort of real sympathy for the plight of homosexuality.

Mainstream music these days is pretty shallow. I cant really remember the last time I heard some mainstream music with depth.

It sucks that people have to probe farther and farther underground to get the music they like. You can thank the mass media for that, damn them.