Battlefield 2

Acriku

BIG CONGRATS TO THE BOTH OF YOU girls  :P

I am up and running with my new set up,has`nt been on due to fault on the providers side(all through eastern d...). Hope to be online tonight,and kicking a......... hopefully.I have waited for this moment a long long time now.

see you girlz online

cybogirl

Thanks people !  8)

Cyboman, get online, you have so many problems with so many things, just hold someone hostage until you get a few million, then buy a nice computer, trust me ;)

Scar, in TS options, Direct Sound Buffer size = lower latency. Try that, it helped me and mad, and we are local to XCU.

hehe don`t worry, I got patience enough. ::)

on top of the problems with my machine did my joy/trottle quit on me, so  ::) RMA again (Hopefully not 2 mnds as with my PSU )i will try to go online tonight/evening.

cybo

Good to see you on finally cybohoe. I was suprised when I first saw you, it said you killed cybohoe...and I thought...hmmm, I know her !

Anyway, like I said, if only madenod was there we would have our little crew. Well, madenod is assimilated now, whereas we are still pure  ;).

I am on most evenings now.

I got my first expert badge, and never even realised !

It seems a week or so ago I got my medic expert badge and I dont know how I missed it.

I should have got it ages ago, seeing as my main kit these days is medic !

I have been told by reliable sources that any badges gotten on SF maps will also get you the same badge on vanilla BF2, so its like a earn-one, get-one-free thing.

With a few hours de-rusting I think I can manage a little better.It was fun tho.

cybo

I know what you mean Cybo. I feel rusty as shit too. My problem now is trying to choose which kit to use. Because playing Sniper with the XCU guys is tough,unless I'm at the train wreck that's about the only sniping I do with them. I think I played Medic and Spec-ops mainly...and a bit of assault. I wish you could unlock the Scar-L heavy version from SF.

I got BF2 now!

It's so much more challenging and fun than BF2142. I've become a quite decent armored vehicle operator (as engineer) after a whole weekend of gaming.

I love it! ;D

Now welcome me as a brother.

Hi cyborg, Welcome to bf 2.

Do you have ts 2? If not then download the latest from here. You need a headphone/mic/headset

http://www.goteamspeak.com/index.php?page=downloads

Once installed,then type your nickname and type in the ip address which you can find here.http://xcuclan.co.uk/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=1495

Then click on anonimous and then join.

It will be great to have you in the squad! All newcomers are most welcome.

I got BF2 now!

It's so much more challenging and fun than BF2142. I've become a quite decent armored vehicle operator (as engineer) after a whole weekend of gaming.

I love it! ;D

Now welcome me as a brother.

Just how do your type of "brothers" welcome each other, stranger ;) ;).

Glad to hear you have join us. I hear there are more people playing BF2 then BF2412 or whatever those silly digits are!

I think most servers are now infantry only and I certainly enjoy them more, I could never bomb properly from the sky, I could do a decent job with an attack chopper and so prefer to be on the ground, like God intended, killing people, like maybe he didn't intend :).

I recommend doing the Xfire and TS thing just to enhance you fun, it makes a difference !

See you on the battlefield son.

I have something I want to share with you about last nights experience in bf 2.

I HAVE FINALLY PLAYED A CLAN FREINDLY FOR THE FIRST TIME WOOOOYEEEAAAA!!!

Ok we lost but it was my debut and I lost my clan verginity on the battlefield via man to man love.(if you've read the xcu forum then you all know what I'm talking about)

Yes it was hard, and you couldn't afford to make cock ups as we played the gambert clan on their terms/rules so we were destined to lose. no clays/c4 no unlocks, no commander. They have an advantage with the AK 101 and the rpk 74. We only got to play 1 round due to a c4 issue but, I can't wait to get another run in a clan freindly.

Plz ppl come and join in on ts 2 coz of it's awsomism! 8)

@ cybo. Tag or no tag I'm still the real mudassar/madenod so do not fear me brothers.

Why do you guys only play "intantry only?"

Try playing IO(infantry only) on karkand and see the difference of playing without vehicles, and your result will be why most of us are now playing in IO servers. ::) 8)

I've never even played Karkand, neither with nor without vehicles.

FuShe Pass is where I excel. Usually in an APC. Boy, that's fun.

I'll try to play with you guys soon. Hope I don't get my ass handed to me too much.

Reason is the game is unbalanced in favour of vehicles when playing with vehicles. Many more people play with Anti-tank, which isnt really a bad thing as without vehicles hardly anyone plays it. The thing is, infantry-vs-infantry battle is just a lot more fun, a bunch of guys shooting at each other, not worrying about a huge tank coming around a corner, and most of all, about arty giving you a slight migrane as you move around.

Its quite subtly different in that (myself at least) you might not realise when you start prefering IO (Infantry Only) play.

Try Karkand, one of the best maps, and try IO...Most people stick to city maps as well, as it best suits IO.