Battlefield 2

Acriku

I really didn't care at the time, I just wanted revenge. :) Me and Gun were in a game one time and really wanted the chopper, so gun capped 2 guys stnding waiting for it, then they kicked him or banned him I forget now. It was kinda funny cause I think the 2 guys were admins. for the server lol. But we didn't want to wait an hour for another chopper. Live n learn I guess.

Bahaha, got him then. I bet it doesnt. You wouldnt have killed him. If you flash bang me, and we are on the same team, and an enemy kills me, or I kill myself, they will get the kill, or I will get a suicide. It cant come back on you.

Did you get the plane when it spawned again ?

After learning how to aim the grenade launcher accurately on empty servers (standing next to a supply crate just launching them into things lol), I've grown to like assault a lot more than before. The armor plus decent weapons make a very nice point-gainer.

I've also discovered a couple things:

It takes 5 shells to blow a helo.

It takes one shot to blow a buggy.

It takes one shot to blow that more modern version of the fast vehicle in BF2.

It takes 5-6 shots to blow an apv.

I've also discovered something strange, it might be a glitch or might just be that server: try shooting the grenade launcher directly at your feet. You won't die. What's more interesting is that anything around or behind you will. I tried this with a supply crate and it blew up but I didn't. I did it over and over and the worst effect from it was the ringing in the ears.

Check it out.

Spicy... if emperor laggs with a 56k modem .. how in the hell do you expect BF2 to run smoothly?  I for one am glad they made it mandatory to have high speed internet for this game... to finally force people to upgrade.  Too many people are clinging to their 56k's.... i know you dont have a choice cause of where you live spicy... but thats the way the dice roll my friend.

I've also discovered a couple things:

It takes 5 shells to blow a helo.

It takes one shot to blow a buggy.

It takes one shot to blow that more modern version of the fast vehicle in BF2.

It takes 5-6 shots to blow an apv.

Can add to that list one well placed shot inside a full black-hawk to clean it out too.  ;D

Spicy... if emperor laggs with a 56k modem .. how in the hell do you expect BF2 to run smoothly?  I for one am glad they made it mandatory to have high speed internet for this game... to finally force people to upgrade.  Too many people are clinging to their 56k's.... i know you dont have a choice cause of where you live spicy... but thats the way the dice roll my friend.

Heh, the multiplayer option should'nt even be available if someone installed the game without a good conn. type. Also, BF2 could be alot worse, I mean alot of new games require you to pay to play online nowadays.

i dont expect my self to playe bf2 on dialup.... thats insane  i wouldnt try somthing that stupied

am sad because you think i am that stupied...

anyway you havent been around emp mutch gun so i must tell you the latest...i got 265/64 k adsl

finaly as the egyption goverment thankfully have loacated my posion on there civilization map ;D

but with this connection i am still lagging!! adsl is not good enough for bf2

well death,

ADSL is more than enough for BF2, if you have the right speed, e.g if I you had 1-2-3-4mbit connection you think you wouldnt be able to play online?

I`m just asking.

I can play online with my connection.

Rotlung  I have sendt you an invitation

Cybo

no am talking about the normal adsl  256k/64k  anything more will be 3 times the price here..

well surly with 1 mb  or even  500k  speed will be good for any game ..

but with my adsl (256k) things are not  running  normaly.. with the demo virsion..and and am not

gonna buy the game just to test if things will get better or not

well anyway its not a total loss.. i mean bf2 is great but emp still own... at least i wont lag at emp now...i downloaded few  rts games demo with my new adsl connection,,, well no names but those games are realy bad and no were near emp.. so i better stop bugging u guys here and ill go back to emp forum....

EA added some more confirmed additions to the patch, here they are in detail...

Community Update - 1/18/06

Listen up Soldiers!

By now, you have all seen the list of fixes in the next update (1.2). We are still trying to nail down a few final items and put the final touches in place.

Here's a list of additional items to look for in version 1.2:

* UAVs are now visible in the world so if you are being scanned, you can know about it and take action against it.

* Rank progression is no longer limited to the enlisted ranks. All officer ranks are now available.

* Bug that allowed players in vehicles to contest a flag from outside the flag radius is now fixed.

I

Mike and the rest of the Battlefield Team link=topic=18211.msg297993#msg297993 date=1137690679]

The second item is on the topic of the booster packs. We have not created the maps as a separate expansion pack requiring a separate server. The booster packs will increase the content of the base game and thereby may be run on a server in regular rotation with the original maps.

Well, that was certainly more confusing than informative.

Did they just say that the booster packs are now free? or are those without booster packs going to be unable to join servers running them? or do you just get kicked when they switch to the new maps?

Err, wait. You're right. I've forgotten what the irritating advertisement that appears when you log in says.

You're right. Hmm... on second thoughts, I think the new patch should make playing the booster packs possible. The new weapons are compatible and everything. The difference is that you have to "buy" the booster packs to use the new weapons online. Otherwise, you'll just be victimised by them.

Either that, or screw the booster packs and release a new expansion pack altogether. Or just make them new unlocks. Heck, why go through all the trouble? I'm not spending more money on this game, besides the video card! >:(

But that is, as Scar pointed out many many pages back, excatly what they want you to do. Spend spend spend. If you dont, you will be at a (huge?) disadvantage to those who will. I view it a bit as the way people buy, with real money, things in virtual games.

I have read about people buying Warcraft characters, or was it items ? either way, buying instead of earning, which for me stinks. I would love to earn the new guns, unlock them. It creates goals. But getting guns by buying new packs ? I wouldnt mind so much if they were not able to use those guns to blast holes in my head from almost out of my guns range ! They should only be allowed to play with their own weapons (SF) on SF servers.

Lets have a level field for vanilla BF2.

Yes but remember, the SF weapons you still have to earn, they aren't free. For example, if a new player with a rank say of a Corporal buys the SF exp. He still has to attain all the prior unlocks first in order to open the new stuff. Only reason it worked out good for me was the timing of when I bought the exp. I think I was just turning Sgt. at the time and had 1 unlock on hold, so when the time came for better ones to choose from I just had nicer options later.

Now although I finally got newer weapons, I've come to a few conclusions about them all. The Scar-l is an ok weapon, but it's accuracy isn't all that great. The F2000 is a good gun but the crosshairs for it were designed for nightvision, and can be kinda wacky at times trying to draw a good bead on someone. I thought Flashbangs were awesome at first but actually can be a big ole pain in my ass when I too am affected by the flash as well (wich pretty much blinds your ass along with your enemy). The other things are only used in SF maps only like nightvision,zip-lines, grappling-hook gas-masks etc. I'm starting to think that the best weapons are the G36C and G36E and I think alot will agree that you will see more of those gun series killing you than any other. And the AT kit with shotgun, that kit is like the best of both worlds, kill tanks and inf. And of course my trusty Sniper rifle for when I want to go postal a few games playing lone-wolf.  :P

hehe our stat page is suspended,so we have to get the same thing as scar if we want that in  the signature.

AND gunny, can you set up a time for the TS thingy, I`m + 1 hr,Standard european time (Greenwich mean time)

cybocommander

Well I guess you learn something new everyday. I have been trying to figure out how the hell people in game were killing me so fast by going prone,do a barrel roll and pop! 1 shot i'm gone. I've been trying to figure out that cool move since day 1, but come to find out it is only an animation and not an actual move. So when you go prone and move left or right the other guy sees you doing a barrel roll. Damn, I thought that was a secret trick move of some kind.  :(