Greatest Games of All Time

Andrew

Found this list of Greatest Games of All Time, thought it would be interesting.

Know of any other "top games" lists? I know there were dozens of others made, especially around 2000 (I'm looking for one I saw just before 2000 rolled in, might have came from cnet downloads, I'm not sure.)

From This list I know and enjoyed.

http://www.gamespot.com/gamespot/features/all/greatestgames/index.html

I only listed games I played or can relate to.

Contra

Tekken 2

I once bought a Score magazine with such list of "Top 100" ever. However, it still is measured by what creator likes, ie that one was made by a fanatic to RPGs, so ie strategies weren't high there. Professional critics in this form of art doesn't exist, it's too young type, yet without own Muse, you know  ;D

I wish I could find the top 100 games of the century article. It was well done from what I can remember. Thought it came from download.com/cnet/gamespot or something like that. Remember it would have been published at the end of 1999.

100 points to whoever can find it!

Bubble Bobble!

One of the best ever, eh. Played that on Arcade and spectrum, was very addictive, like so many of the simple ones can be.

Grim Fandango was a very good game...very very good.

I suppose Street Fighter 2 deserves it place.

Where is emperor ?  :P

Me too! Well, for the most part. Like asteroids or space invaders. Pacman wasn't too fun for me.

But there were lots of games for the Atari and Intertelevision (funny, I cant find any googles about an intertelevision. 25 points as to why.) that I liked.

does naybody remember the old NES game "Fire and Ice"? it was a puzzle game, I lvoed it!

or Marble Madness, the graphics were amazing for their time. I also lvoed the lolo series.lol just wanted to see if anybody knew these games.

My list?  Let's see... well, right at the top is Final Fantasy VII, no doubt about it.  Then, in no particular order, come Star Ocean: Till The End of Time; Warcraft III (with expansion, of course); Neverwinter Nights; Star Wars - Knights of the Old Republic; Kingdom Hearts; The Legend of Zelda - Ocarina of Time; Halo - Combat Evolved; Emperor - Battle For Dune; Command & Conquer - Tiberian Sun... and maybe Unreal Tournament 2004. :)

I probably have more, but I have mercifully forgotten them for the time being. :P

does naybody remember the old NES game "Fire and Ice"? it was a puzzle game, I lvoed it!

or Marble Madness, the graphics were amazing for their time.

I played Fire and Ice on Amiga, some Fox animal. All I can really remember is the water effect at the botom of the screen...or was it a map ?  ???

Marble Madness ? Was that the one where you had to guide a marble around a maze without falling off ? Argh ! Such a good game ruined by making it too difficult !