Happy-making

Dante

Ok, here's the background first so you know why I'm starting this rather bizarre topic. Which may have been done before. Probably, in fact, but I cannot remember one even if I posted in it. Anyway, it's late at night right now (or early in the morning, depending on your point of view) and I've just come back from what must be said, was a very good party indeed. There was dancing, drinking, singing and everything. This is not like me. I generally lurk in corners, letting other people have the light. But the more alcohol I have (again, unlike me), the more friendly and open I become (you ever notice how happy people get depressed when tipsy and unhappy people tend to cheer up, if only a little? Maybe I'm wrong...). Right now I am still a little drunk, but not very. Sober enough to think coherently but addled enough to be thinking coherently in a different direction. And, instead of being dark and pointy and partly heartless, I'm actually feeling rather good natured right now (I didn't even laugh at the pain of other people tonight. That is a rarity among rarities).

That's the background. You now know that, for a change, I am not my usual, evil self. But you don't know why! Eh heh heh heh heh... You think it was the alcohol? Guess again... It's not much you might think, but I was hugged tonight by someone who shall remain nameless until I get some sign that it's alright to name-drop. If I get a sign. I wouldn't want to upset anyone. Especially as the net result of said hug was to instantly dissolve (albeit temporarily) all hard edges and nasty thoughts that I had. My mind is still happy, soft, and marshmallow-like right now, explaining the presence of this topic.

"Alright! Fine! We get the point, you had a nice time and got a hug while your mind was under the influence, get to the point!"

Well, if you insist. My question is this; "What has a similar effect on you?" What one event, perhaps seemingly small, makes you feel all warm and gooey inside? And believe me, if it can happen to me, it can happen to anyone. By tomorrow I will be my usual, 'I hate everyone that I have never met' self, and this brief period without mental spikes and shields will be over. I may even condemn this topic, saying that I was drunker than I thought when I wrote it. Perhaps. I haven't by any means told the whole story, but I'm rambling as only the drunk or insane can, so best to finish this post here. This is a brief glimpse, perhaps the only one you'll ever get, of my soft, happy side.

You didn't just get one hug.  You got TWO.

And to those who might not read into that as thou ought to.  Yes, the said hugs were from myself.

And he was a rather strange person, dancing and jigging away.  Not the Dusty I have come to know...

Female friend who is not his girlfriend. They have a lot in common, and when I'm not feeling happy and gooey we have a great time discussing things of an evil nature. Dunenewt, I don't think the post before Nema's is needed anymore, could you be so kind as to remove it? I don't like my name up here and I think EWS edited his post because of that. Not having seen it prior to editing I can't be sure...

Also, happy to help. Though, grasshopper, I believe you have turned to the dark side...

It's really complicated me and Jess.  She is going to Cambridge University (and actually moving to England on Friday) whereas I am going to Glasgow, so we decided that we wouldn't be together.  So if anything, we were just "seeing" each other.

I was her Highland FLing