Gmail VS Hotmail

Andrew

I have gotten an invite to Gmail a week ago, and must say so far it seems a lot better than hotmail. 1gb of storage, the page is not cluttered with ads, no popup ads. (I never get whats with the msn popup ad that has no link)

Also when I sign into hotmail, it opens up my msn program for no reason. I hate when it does that.

So far Gmail has no ads when logging in, or at your main window. It only shows some non-shove it-in-your-face ads on the right side of page. It Does not affect reading my mail.

Hotmail has colorful ads plastered, left right and at the top.

If it were not for Gmail, hotmail would still have 2mb storage for another 5 years.

I mean I'm pretty sure I had 2 mb storage for the past 5 years. (I think they upgraded from 1mb way back when.)

Note the invite 4 friends to gmail.  ;) Sorry But I'm gonna ask my friends first, although they will be like, "why"?

I'm sure some of you are yahoo people, so sorry if I missed you.

Hotmail has said they are increasing their free storage, they even sent me an email saying it, but it hasn't been upgraded yet. (Obviously waiting for gmail to go public so they can take some of gmail's publicity away)

I hate how my inbox at hotmail gets so full, so hotmail decides to send me an email saying that it is reachig critical blah blah blah. stfu. I know it's getting full because you suck.

Comments on gmail?

Anyone have it?[attachment archived by Gobalopper]

I just accepted an invite today, so I haven't used it much.  Well, at all.  But I do like having a gig of space, and many of the features seem really neat, such as the "conversation" setup of the email ordering.  I just wish there was a way of totally deleting email, rather than just "archiving" it.  There probably is a way somewhere; like I said, I haven't really done much with it yet.

Not checked it out yet. But i'm a Yahoo mail user and I like it a lot. It is much faster than hotmail, has 100 mb storage and easier to use. But the fact that my friends and girlfriend always mail to my hotmail makes me use hotmail a lot too.

You can't delete your emails with Gmail.

However, you have enough space...

Alternatively, you can sigh up at www.spymac.net.

There you get 1GB of email( supporting Outlook ) and 100MB of ftp space.

To top that, you also get some other goodies, but I never use them.

Hehe, oh, and should you want to register with Spymac, don't forget to write me as your referrer!

William_Cain is the name.

acctually hotmail upgraded from 1 mb to 2mb just a few months ago. they still have 2mb. but with hotmail you can use msn messenger and therefore its worth having

You are completely wrong. Unless they just upgraded in your region. In Canada it has been 2mb for several years.

I can use a program better than msn messenger. I have several people added on msn that don't have hotmail accounts.

Uhm, Yahoo sucks like, ummm, a day when you missed the school bus home, fell and hit your head in fresh dog shit, your girlfriend broke up with you, your dad hanged himself after poisoning your mother and your brother told you you still owed him a hundred dollars.

Uhm, Yahoo sucks like, ummm, a day when you missed the school bus home, fell and hit your head in fresh dog shit, your girlfriend broke up with you, your dad hanged himself after poisoning your mother and your brother told you you still owed him a hundred dollars.

Noo... thats Rookie's Best Day Ever you're describing (or one interpretation of it)... not Yahoo.