Emperor Worm Mission

Ricezilla

At the very start of the mission, deploy your MCV and begin to built some structures. While you're doing this shit, send all your combat units to attack the fat ass Emperor Worm. You'll lose some units, but if you use them right, you can beat this damn mission in less than 4 min. DON'T attack anyone else if they're fire at you; ignore them, just attack the worm. You can use this with the other two Houses.

• 3 weeks later...

I just set up a defensive line of Kobras and AA troopers, protected my spicefields with troopers, and dusts.  Then massed Fedaykin and sent them down (Guard mode off) 5 at a time near the worm where no enemy units went, and attacked after a while.  It was hilarious, 3 shots, and it died thanks to all those Fedaykin.

• 4 weeks later...

Question: Any advice on how to beat the Emperor Worm mission as other houses?

I finished it before w/ House Ordos, just air-dropped Kobra Cannons on the ridges where there are Tleilaxu Living Turrets, did the same on the Guild/Tleilaxu "Atreides" base (and captured some structures, House Harkonnen, Atreides, Guild Palace, Mega Cannon and Tleilaxu Flesh Vat)

I didn't use subhouse tech that much though. Finished off the worm with Lasgun Hover Tanks...

The Mega Cannon, when captured, cannot destroy the Emperor Worm per se, as it has a slow recharge time and the worm repairs itself.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It might sound selfish, but i think my way is the best so far. I think it mainly because i didn't even do it very well (i won in first try), but i won more by co-incidence and trying. It took me around 7:30 left to kill the worm. Well I killed it at 7:50 but for some reason i didn't got "victory" till 7:30. My tactic is for atreides, but it'l work for ordos i think. anyway, what i've done:

I started out with a projector tank lvl 3, 3 apcs, 2 sonic tanks, lots of elite infantery inside the apcs, and ofcourse an mcv. i deployed my mc a bit in the northeastern cornor, immedialy deployed my projector tank at my defenses at the right ramp (this one is easyer to defend then the left ramp it appeared to me), and i started cloning sonic tanks right away, while building wind trap, barracks, refinery (that order), and deploying my infantery near the egdes off both ramps (position the snipers and deploy the kindjal). send about 3/4 cloned sonic tanks to defend your spice field (which he didn't even attack for me, unless i missed that). also send 2/3 clondes sonic tanks right outside the right gate, just outside of range of the tleilaxu living turrets. these clones baby's can easily take out the enemy waves until you have 10 minutes left. this all went very fast, and i've spent only 3/4 minutes doing this so far. sounds like a not, but if you keep clicking you'll be able to do that easily. At that time the harkonnen started attacking at the right gate. i hold them off by:

1) Massing machinegun towers

2) putting down all the sards i got there from reinforcements. it where like 2 elite and 4 normal. i lost both elite and 1 normal trough 1 buzzsaw, and at the end of the game i had 1 level 3, and 2 level 2 sards left there =P

3) putting down the mass of smuggler quads there once you get time.

Every now and then a devastator came in there... cloned sonic tanks own

Yeah same for me, but explain "stuff" and explain "blew up the worm"  :P

Mozared

If you worry about the little stuff you will miss the big picture. Like what Bruce Lee said near the beginning of Enter the Dragon, about the Glory of the Moon... :P

I am not communist...at least my comrades dont think I am. Its just that we dont want to get bogged down in the little stuff.

We are big thinkers. We are commanders. If we worried about how to clothe our infantry when they get to the barracks, we would have no time for strats...

same for all the other little stuff. Just send us reports about how well our invasion forces are doing. And more of those women dangling grapes above us...yes...