NOD vs GDI war

Seal89999

Somewhere on this forum (one of the C&C topics) someone caid the Mutant Hijacker wasn't worth it's price...but a long time ago someone claimed he hijacked the Core Defender with it in the last Firestorm missionĀ  8)

perhaps it's overall damage to your troops... i don't know.

[red]Think you're right about that.

There was also some coversation about the Tacitus somewhere above, couldn't find where (to quote). 'Tacitus' can be translated from Latin as "Silent One" or "Secret One" or "Concealed One" - choose what you like most. I think all this reflects its mysterious nature.[/red]

Well, you can only hijack the Core Defender in that one mission (or, two missions, if you capture enough buildings as GDI). Even though I'm not even sure you can build the Hijacker in single player.

I would still rather have Ghost Stalker in place of The $1,850 Engineer for Vehicles.

There was also some coversation about the Tacitus somewhere above, couldn't find where (to quote). 'Tacitus' can be translated from Latin as "Silent One" or "Secret One" or "Concealed One" - choose what you like most. I think all this reflects its mysterious nature.[/red]

I remeber that Tacitus was a roman historian or erudite. (probably Kane chose this name, due that it (came?) with the Tiberium and fell in the Tiber river)

"'Tacitus' can be translated from Latin as "Silent One" or "Secret One" or "Concealed One" - choose what you like most."

Or "unmentioned", or with more a hint of "silently assumed", yes. Interesting that it's not neuter. Perhaps it's tacitus, a 4th declension noun from the participle - which would mean "silence" or "tact".

Cornelius Tacitus was indeed a Roman Historian who predated Herbert in the "Power attracts the corruptible" axiom.

The nice thing about that one, is that you aren't warned for it. You just see a building near the Cabal Core, named: "Core Defender". But you have hardly a clue what it can be. I encountered it the first time when I played Nod and used my Multi-Missile to destroy the Firestorm Generator, thus awakening the Defender. I hardly had an army, so it blew up all my not-stealthed stuff. I destroyed it by building to laser fence post that way, that it stood right between them, and thus destroying it...

Anyway, the Core Defender can't be used by GDI or Nod, since both sides fought Cabal in the end.

Timenn, I thought you are an enough good modder to not worry about itĀ  ;DĀ  By the way, with my actual immobility I had now enuogh time to replay whole original C&C (special version running on Win95 RA engine, of course), no need to say I played for Nod. I collected all three crates and so enjoyed the nuclear cataclysm of enemy base in my final strike, altough I found out there was no need for it since Win95 version has patched it. But it was fun anyway. Especially the 11th mission, which I made with more interesting tactics: conquering GDI helipads and yard and then supporting southern force with airpower. Without lossesĀ  8)

Tacitus means "silent" and it was an historian, yes.

When I encountered the Core Defender I sent all my 15 Banshee's to kill it, but it still took them three runs (and the rest of my army) to destroy it 8)

When I found the Core Defender (I love the little bit of code that triggers the 'Slave to the system' music), I defeated it by dint of letting it spend its time on the army of two or three dozen tick tanks outside my base while it was being hammered by about 20 artillery and any spare banshees I had.

Ordos; yeah, that's what it took to bring the Defender down. The crazy part is the losses I incurred. Wolverines took the brunt of the assault, and either one or none survived. Titans were next on the list, losing a fair number -- I think I had perhaps 12 to 15 remaining. Hover MRLS' and Juggernauts didn't lose nobody or might've lost only one; long range. Disc Throwers lost a bunch, but I found were great for soaking up damage from the Defender. You see, the Core Defender is using a whole big damn array of Obelisk of Light-type weapons -- all lasers. The lasers are good at doing massive damage -- but do absolutely no area damage. The lasers just hurt one single target -- even infantry. The Mammoth survived. Just sat there and handed out the hurt.

Oh, and next time I won't use ORCA bombers. They did about as much damage to my men as to the defender.

"You see, the Core Defender is using a whole big damn array of Obelisk of Light-type weapons -- all lasers"

Actually just the one. The engine likes to draw lots of lines for any one laser (look carefully at the little turrets or any of the obelisks) since no one line is perfectly opaque, so as to get the laser effect.