• Jessica
    • Alia
    • Darwi Odrade
    • Murbella
    • Hwi Noree
    • Siona

Duh!

He would be flying an ornithopter!

To rescue his honored matres from the evil Rene!

Unless you tell him you are an atreides, he may not kill you and share them with you. :)

Remember there were billions of them. :D

Third, the BJ mentions that what's-his-name actually *is* a descendant from the original House Atreus. That was the reason he called himself Agamemnon, if I recall correctly.

Well I would not be that sure about that. I read BJ but I found it stated no where.

It's pretty much confirmed, and not only in the Butlerian Jihad (the book does state it somewhere at the beginning, probably the first chapter with Vorian Atreides

And I though Frank Herbert had confirmed it himself...

Beside that, Atreides is a contraction of the greek words for "son of Atreus", when you do that, you'll get "Atreides". And you may find in some old Greek texts the words "Agamemmnon Atreides" meaning: "Agamemnon, son of Atreus".

Well in God Emperor, Leto II has repeated 'conversations' with the Agammemnon within his Other Memory.  Leto says he's one of the more interesting people within his Other Memory, in fact.

Of course, Brian and Kevik J might be implying he was talking with the Cymek Agammemnon, although I don't see why Leto II would find that character very interesting at all...

Of course, Brian and Kevik J might be implying he was talking with the Cymek Agammemnon, although I don't see why Leto II would find that character very interesting at all...

Maybe because Agammemnon lived longer than Leto II.

But other than that there is no reason. :P

Of course there is! Agamemnon the Cymek was a genocidal war machine bent on the destruction of his own race. He lived lifetimes in the form of a brain trapped in a machine. Basically, if you don't find that out of the ordinary at least, if not parallel to Leto II's existence (lifetimes in a non-human form), you need some imagination.

Agammemnon didn't seek the destruction of the human race; he sought to rule them.  And I wouldn't exactly say he was 'trapped' in the robot body; it implies a negative connotation, perhaps leading to some heartfelt lament to give the character some depth.  He seemed quite happy living as an indestructable flying tank-megazord-thing.

True, but, the parallels to Leto II remain; Agamemnon is forever deprived of human form, as is Leto II. And both Leto II and Agamemnon seemed to enjoy their time as being in a form better than the average human. Refer to the death of Duncan early in God Emperor.

In the conventional sense I'd say Irulan was extremely intelligent, and she certainly seemed to have a firm grasp on the schematics of politics. It's just that the poor girl was too busy being royalty to be very BG-ified.

...I like that word.

I never got the feeling that she was dumb from the novels. She may be a tad shallow but not dumb. You can really see how shallow she is when she is plotting against Paul. She says a lot of things that may seem dim, but I think it is largely because she is (suprisingly) naive and as I said a little shallow.

and where did you get the idea that the Irulan in the miniseries was attractive ex?? I didnt think so at all. you big weirdo. ;) hehe