Gobalopper

Who should be the new moderators?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be the new moderators?

• ExAtreides
    • Dust scout
    • Ghosthunter
    • EWS

Yea we had three for awhile me Lord J and 045, 045 got promoted to global mod. Lord J is in school(notice he got his mod status taken away cause he left even though shirock is still a mod and he never comes) so i think its just a lil foolish, but Three is a good number worked good then would work now..

Seems this thread is going against Fed2k. Somewhat making people choose sides, which is a bad thing. (as we seen with landsraad threads this spring)

And it's up to Gob so hopefully people will not choose sides. (as choosing sides serves no purpose that way.)

Yes good idea.

Voting shouldn't be locked when you lock a topic. But somehow I think the voting has been locked a time ago. Since I can't cast a vote, while I didn't vote at all. But the option to lock the vote is still there. Strange...

My Commet on page two was unneeded i misunderstood what he said in our convo. I withdraw my comments.

Ghost and I both deserve to be Fan fic mods, we have both sacrificed enough time,energy and effort into helping this board. We should both be allowed moderator status.

I agree.....

Both Exatrides and Ghosthunter have worked so hard for this forum.

Ex has backed FF from day one and ever since Ghosthunter was a member as did he.

Ghosthunter has participated in almost every thread to hit FF and has been a valued part of the community. His storys and other things are written very well and show great imagination.

I admire both Ghosthunter and Exatrides at there great skill and wish I could write aswell as them.

They both have dedicated themselvs to making fanfiction a better place for members and aspired to make it all it could be.

Are those not the qualitys of a moderator?

Writing ability really isn't relevent to moderating capability, even in FanFic. Personally I don't trust anyone who is involved in FanFic to make non-biased judgements, but that's just the way the cookie tends to get gobbled.

Some people like to stick their noses in and vote for the people they like, regardless of their knowledge of fanfiction (the voters that is, not the voted).

Anyhow, after online discussion with Ex and GhostHunter I had thought that the three of us had agreed that a three-way moderating system would be both stable and beneficial. It has been before after all.

Additionally, this would allow the members of the poll that got the three highest numbers of votes to become moderators. And it's not like the decision to make

Thought I would pop my head in for a minute.  I never once expected to get many votes (incidentally I got that one as I voted for myself).  But I don't see what the major problem is.  I can understand there being a moderator, but why the whole fuss over it.  It turned into a popularity contest (which I said right at the beginning) and now people are getting annoyed.  Leave it to Gobby and let him make all the decisions.

How come that there were 37 votes cast, meaning 18.5 people voted, while not nearly that many people are active in fan fic?

Because people could vote for two people.

I wondered the same thing as to why the Fed2k poll had around 50 votes and this had almost as many. (but the answer is people can vote for 2 people)