unit questions

Big D

hmm let me see, the niab tank is equally effective against all kinds of units (correct me if I'm wrong)

usually it teleports right in your base (dozens of em). this may seem like a difficult situationm but there are a few things you can do to kill em

1: build your base as close to the side or corner of the map so the niabs cannot teleport in the backside of your base (because that is the end of the map

2: when then niab has teleported it is vulnerable for some seconds, exploit this to the fullest

3 seeing as the niab is effective against all unit types, the best defense is cheap expendable quick to create units such as troopers.

also the mongoose/laser tank and assault tank may be useful because they are effective against niabs and they should be in any good defense (I think) and the laser tank is fast and can move swiftly to the niab tanks and destroy them

4 the best defense against niabs is to now if A: the enemy(s) has/have guild as subhouse B: if he is building niabs or has a guild palace. so you can prepare yourself :)

also if you have ix as subhouse and if you cannot build your base near the edge of the map, put 10+ infiltrators at the backside of the base. any incoming niabtank will meet a nasty surprise.

superweapons may also be useful, especially hawk strike, as the niabs generally strike at the backside of your base, and that usually means they are close to a map exit (they will flee)

also chaos lightining may be useful ;)

Infantry is often good against NIAB tanks. They may kill infantry in one shot, but they have a long reload time, and infantry are often with many.

With Atreides the Kindjal Infantry is definately very good against them. They have a superior range over them, and their shots really count.

The Troopers will do well with the other 2 Houses, but not so good as the Kindjal Infantry. But you might want to try Sardaukar or Fremen Fedaykin

Well a good counter to NIAB's is adv. carryalls. Keep some of them around youre base. When they teleport u can just pick them up and shoot em in air.

Also when youre picking up a moving NIAB it cant attack you cos when it stops and fires you pick it up.

Other than that i like keeping sard elites in base against there attack or any rocket fireing infantry (kjindals, hark trooper, ordos trooper). Or if youre using fremen u can spread some feds around ya base in guard mode they are the best solution to NIAB's in my opinion.

Dont let youreself be surprised, keep youre enemie scouted, u dont want to find out that he has a Guild Palace when he teleports 10 NIAB's in youre base and you have no anti guild stuff.

Yes, Feds are GREAT against NIAB's. I always purposely make about 10-15 Feds and position them in a circle formation, and then make a little hole in my base, very inviting for the enemy, but also make sure there are no other such holes or back doors.

It will have its full effect the first time the enemy sends his NIAB's against you. Normally the Guild-massing players invest in nothing else but in NIAB Tank production, so when they teleport into the trap, it will be a tottal waste of money and time for the Guild player, which opens a good wedge for you to attack him while he is vulnerable.

As for the original question: I think the Atreides infantry is better than the Harkonnen counterpart, story-wise, the Atreides army is very well-trained and fierce, the Harkonnen's main source of motivation is to die on the field rather than in the Baron's slave pits. Game-wise the Atreides infantry costs more, so it has to mean that the Atreides counterpart has some advantage over the Harkonnen.

The best infantry vs. infantry unit in my opinion is the Fremen Warrior, great combination of firing speed, range, and stealth. After that comes the Sardaukar regulars I persume, good armor, range and fighting capabilities.

The standard rules for EBFD has both the AT Inf and HK Inf using the same gun performance, same health, but the AT cost $10 more per unit and can run 50% faster than the Hark.

The big difference is when they gain experience, the AT has to make approx 2 kills (score of 5) to gain Level 1 while the Hark only has to make one kill (score of 3). The Hark gains only an extra 25% damage capability for this experience though.

The AT inf jumps ahead getting 50% damage capability increase and 33% more health.

By the 3rd level both units are the same in extra damage and armour capability, plus they have selfrepair.

However the AT inf still has the extra 33% health, plus the AT becomes ELITE and can return to Barracks producing At Inf then at Level 1, and thus much stronger than newly produced Hark Infantry.

So initially they are really the same, but once they survive to Level 1, then the AT unit is the better unit. ;D