Ive a secret i must now reveal

gerbilpoo

The point I was trying to make, was that you can set up a generally weak defensive line out of the rabblous units you don't use. My strategy is an anti-AI strategy. I'm not offering advice for multiplayer, just the campaign. So Apollyon, I don't give a shit what any decent player could do :P

Well the point of this thread is to help gerbil get better online, i.e. against real players, so anti-AI strategies aren't entirely useful.

Incidentally, it looks like gerbil's gone AWOL.

First be agressive, try to attack fast and not to defend.

If u play atr always try to get drones early in the game so u can kill his economy.

I agree with most of the stuff you said, but this i would not recommend. First i would like to mention that i find drone rushes cowardly and a cheap way to win. It is critical that you scout your enemy before making the mistake of building a hangar, if your playing against atr then build a hangar because like it or not about all atr players drone rush as early as possible, the only players i can think of that refrain from drones as long as possible are sendakon and myself, although i do not know everyones mentality so i would rather not list anyone else. back on topic, if you build a hangar early on while playing 1v1 against a hark or ordos, your in a pickle being your exhausting your funds on rather slow producing drones while you should be building light infantry sandbikes and sardukar,and in some situations fremen. thats all for now but ill add on if i have to

ye ur right, i don`t use them in 1v1 agaisnt hark/ords either, i forgoot to say that u should use it against atr, BUT drones aren`t cheap, killing some1 economy is a good strategy and this is a strategy game.U also need drones against hark gunships if u don`t have drones against a hark(a decent player) u ll lose

• 3 weeks later...

all i can say is:

Don't whore up on your defence, if u put all ur forces in a "defensive line" and camp there, you will most likely find yourself dead in no time. Secondly "he who controls the spice controls the universe" - Wear down your opponent, exhaust their funds or better still, nail some carryalls early in the game with some AA troopers (or whatever you like). This will give u a great advantage early on. And keep building units, even when you are attacking. If your initial attack is defeated, you want a backup force or better still, if you are heavily attacking, have your factory/barracks rallying into their base :D

I like to 'play' with the enemy a bit before I finish em.

so I put up a mega-defense ;D (20devas/40r-tanks/50flamers :O) then I destroy their const yard and factory so they can only make infantry >:)

most amusing, seeing the enemy attack with infantry then burn them to death >:) or ''rip it up'' with buzzsaws (evil laughter ;D)

Dont underestimate the power of infantry!! :O,

Yesterday I got dev droped and he took out all my building except 2 refs, bara and 3 sards.I had some bikes and a few mongoose left well I massed infantry and took him out, it was pretty funny to c attacking saws with hundreds of infantry.