The inaccuracies of E:bfd

Dunenewt

1. Kindjal is not a rocket launcher, it is a knife.

2. Why do Sarduakar elite use LASGUNS and KNIVES? (shields, personal shields)

3. ADP can shoot at ground units, guide says it cannot

4. Troopers missiles track. Guide says they don't.

5. Fremen do not use thumpers to ride worms. They use maker hooks. Thumpers are there as a distraction.

6. The coriolos storm should be instantly fatal to all troops and aircraft, but it isn't.

7. The manual and guide claim that the sandworm will sink below the sand when it eats 1 unit. That is completely not true. If it eats 1 VEHICLE it will sink back down, but it could eat a whole stack of infantry and keep going.

8. What happened to CHOAM? What is this new 'Guild'?

That's all I can scratch up for now, but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.  ;D

About the troopers and the ADP, the guide is correct, the guide says troopers have some missile track and ADP can fire on ground.

House Tleilaxu isn't correct, it is Bene Tleilaxu, but I can be wrong...

5. Fremen do not use thumpers to ride worms. They use maker hooks. Thumpers are there as a distraction.

6. The coriolos storm should be instantly fatal to all troops and aircraft, but it isn't.

8. What happened to CHOAM? What is this new 'Guild'?

Answers

5.Thumpers are used to call worms to you, then you jump on and use hooks, read the books.

6.Maybe it is just a smaller storm otherwise it is to unfair to everyone.

8.CHOAM still does the starport. The guild is the guild of the navigators, read the books.

Atreides are Red, in the books. But I am not sure of the Harks.

About the troopers and the ADP, the guide is correct, the guide says troopers have some missile track and ADP can fire on ground.

House Tleilaxu isn't correct, it is Bene Tleilaxu, but I can be wrong...

it's Bene Tleilax, or Tleilaxu

Jacob, I am reading the books. I'm currently reading 'Children of Dune'. I know what the spacing guild is, it's just funny that CHOAM wasn't mentioned that's all. I know that Thumpers are there to call worms and that you jump on the worm with maker hooks, but in the game, the Fedaykin is sitting there right next to the thumper and the worm comes up from under him. He doesn't jump onto it as it passes.

Yes, the wormriders place thumpers to attract a worm, then the maker hooks are placed and then you can ride 8), but in the game the worm arrises beneath the fedaykin, but that's, I think, because of graphical reasons...

'Graphical reasons' Timenn? What kind of graphical reasons? The fact of the matter is it was probably too hard for WW to make the fedaykin unit actually mount the worm and control it, so it would be simpler to just let the thing come up from under...  :O

The battlefield of Emperor is just animated blocks moving on a background. Now is the background 3d and the units location is also 3d. But making a animation larger then the size of the unit is hard. You can do that but then you get all sort of problems like the animation of the fedaykin making a worm rideable, but then you see the fedaykin walk through cliffs, etc. You have to make animations then based on the rest of the battlefield. And that's much much work...