The Israeli- Palestinian conflict

leo

Because after the jews were banished the Palestines lived there and now the jews got a pice of there land back and its k with them that the Palestine also has a pice of land wich actually historical belongs to the jews, but Palestine wants the HOLE country and they want all jews dead.

Only the past 60 years... ;) *I said I am a n00b in politics*

Can someone join my side? :- I need an "ally"

Yes I can see that. Therefore don’t come up please with Historical wrong statements. You have no idea what is happening or happened in this region. You're simply making up the History

There had been a hebrew state (2 hebrew states, actually) in here from around 5,000 years ago till the Romans banished them. They transferred the jews from the region of Israel and Judea to somewhere in the Roman empire, Don't know exactly where to. That was around 2,000 years ago. A few centuries forward, and we have the Ottomans taking over the area, calling it Palestine. At that time there were severa tens of thousands of jews in here, and much more of that arabs. Bla bla bla, Zionism, Jews started immigrating to Israel. The arabs in here didn't exactly like it, but jews kept coming...

World War One. The Ottoman empire falls, the British conquer the place. They didn't permit jews to immigrate to Palestine, because they had interests in good connections with the arabs, but we just kept coming.

World War Two. The Nazis killed 6 Million jews. 1943 - The war ends. 29.10.1947 - Seeing the holocaust, the UN had not much choice. A declaration that the land will be divided into 2 countries, called Israel and Palestine. Palestine is to govern the mountain area, the Galil and the West Bank of the river Jordan. Israel is to control the coastal plane, which was mostly marshes at that time, and the Negev, which is pretty much of a desert. Jerusalem - international city. The Israeli Independence War began, between the jewish residents and the arab residents in Israel. 14.5.1948 - Israel declares itself a state. Syria, Lebanon, Egypt, Jordan, Iraq and Iran join the war. Somehow we survive this. 1949 - Truce. The truce borders are today known as the 'green line' or '1967 border'. During the war, many of the arab residents tried to flee to the surrounding arab countries, that didn't agree to accept them. They settled down in refugee camps. Today they are called Palestinians. Those who didn't run away are today Israeli full-right citizens of the state of Israel, by the way.

I got out of this debate since I didn't have my direct sources (Chomsky's book). But one of my questions wasn't answered: Is it correct to destroy Arabs' houses and send solonists? Espescially when the reason that is given is, in some cases, something else and some time after bringing colonists (we want the territory "for defense", "for archeology", etc.).

It most definitely is correct to destroy a terrorist's or a terrorist's family's house, yes. It is not correct to destroy houses in order to make room to settlers. I'm against the settlements no less, and even more, than you do.

Israel isn't. It's all politics, the settlers have a powerful lobby in the parliament and they demanded that this and that settlement will be behind the wall they're building. I'm not saying that everything Israel does is ultimately good, I disagree with some of the things that we are doing. But who agrees with everything his govenment decides?

Kinda simple. There's a wall in Gaza right now. For the last 2 years or so, there were... 2 terror attacks that originated from gaza strip. 2. It's not that they're not trying, they just can't get past the wall. Hundreds of terror attacks originated from the west bank, so now we're just building a wall between the west bank and Israel as we did in Gaza.

Only the past 60 years... ;) *I said I am a n00b in politics*

Can someone join my side? :- I need an "ally"

Edit:I did read a small history book that said that it was originally an arab area. ;)

Nice book you’re reading. The History of thousands years must be shattered. By denying the existence of Israel 2000 years ago you actually deny the whole Christianity and basically one of the most important periods in the human History.

Because after the jews were banished the Palestines lived there and now the jews got a pice of there land back and its k with them that the Palestine also has a pice of land wich actually historical belongs to the jews, but Palestine wants the HOLE country and they want all jews dead.

WOW, I see you know a bit about what's happening in this area. Nice seeing you clan-mate. BTW, I'm not gonna play for the next 5 days cause I'm going on a vacation, hope the 2v2 tournament we were teamed as won’t start during this time.

And building the wall also means that the Palestinians can't get their holy place,right?RIGHT? ;)

What do u mean? what holy place? Most of their holy places are on their side, besides we dont have to ask any1 what to do on our own land, no mentioning that it is done in order to save lives, I believe the aspect of life is a bit more important. And i repeat, most of the Palestinian holy places are on their side, while many of ours on their side. But I dont see any1 crying about that.

lowzeewee ever considered the fact that your wrong and thats why no ones taking your side! by the way i didn't realise you were a palestinian!!! thought u were from singapore.

in all war atrocities are committed by both sides its even harder with terrorist as they blend in to the civillian population britian as had this problem for years with the IRA AND EVEN AMERICA IS NOW FINDING IT HARD IN AFGANISTAN AND IRAQ with all their resources.

yes the palestinians have a right to live but so do the isrealies and how would you like if people kept blowing up your schools cafes and other public places, natrually there are extrmists on both sides its an extreme situation.

at least the isrealies try to target the military (terror groups) but thats hard when they dont wear uniforms or have formal structure, little kids armed with grenades or women wired with bombs of course mistakes happen but thats war it aint pleasant it aint a game its real, in your face terror.

dispite technology we still kill civillians in war bullets hit innocents bombs blow up markets hospital schools because military instilations are deliberately built near to them.

do us all a favour and read up on the subject, check out the web if you prefer and try to get a balanced view before running off at the mouth and spouting incorrect facts, that way maybe you get a bit of respect,